Forums » General Guild Discussion

Hardcore EQ2 players?

• 15 posts
    February 6, 2018 9:41 AM PST

Hello! Was seeing if any old school EQ2 guilds coming to Pantheon? Anyways good to see familar names on here from a game I played for years. :)

Nayrue

• 9 posts
    February 7, 2018 8:35 AM PST

Hey Nayrue,

Some old school players are coming to Pantheon. Some of us are actually still active in EQ2, mainly because there isnt anything else to play currently!

• 261 posts
    February 7, 2018 12:30 PM PST

I played EQ2 hardcore from launch through TSO.. I am Stealz from Dissolution / Flossie from Has Gone Linkdead - and yes, there is a good chunk of us around.

This post was edited by Flossie at February 7, 2018 12:31 PM PST
    • 1429 posts
    February 9, 2018 10:48 AM PST

Quite a lot of time in EQ2 but with level agnostic dungeons making it far too easy to hit maximum level I switched to LOTRO for the last part of the WFP (wait for Pantheon).

• 34 posts
    March 10, 2018 4:13 PM PST

Hardcore EQ2 player in the past.. Played from Beta up until about a year ago. Now, I'm hanging out with an old group of friends and playing GW2, while we are all waiting patiently for Pantheon.

Orginally I played on the LDL server, which was merged a dozen times, but my toon names have survived - I played Solitude (Warden) and Avengelyn (Templar), mostly. Raided with Transcendence for a while, and a handful of other smaller guilds.

This post was edited by Solitude at March 10, 2018 4:13 PM PST
    • 17 posts
    March 30, 2018 10:59 AM PDT

I started raiding in DoF as a Brigand named Khanduras when Brigands had 100% ae immunity. It was a great meme. After that I transitioned between tanks but played a Paladin named Sarkden for a good while before transitioning again to a Monk & Bruiser named Khanonymous in Revelations. I did quite a bit of tanking around the time that Statue of Rallos Zek was a thing as well as several world firsts including Vyskudra the Ancient. That was a great fight.

• 7 posts
    April 5, 2018 12:39 AM PDT

Skaer here. Raided with Chaotic Legion / Momento Mori / Allure. Also raided with a guild from Crushbone, that I can't recall their name, they were a pretty high level guild at the time.

I also raided as Vertix for a while, including Devastation on Blackburrow as their off-tank (when I got banned for a holocaust joke someone took offense too). Never came back after that.

• 1 posts
    April 28, 2018 8:56 AM PDT
    Played on LDL from launch, raided with a few guilds that I can now barely remember. Dark Prophecy for awhile in the beginning, and then after the first merge I joined a raiding guild that came over. Main was Exodia.
    • 1 posts
    May 4, 2018 9:58 AM PDT

I play EQ2 since Release and now i am waiting for Pantheon The Rise of Fallen... :D

• 2 posts
    May 6, 2018 2:52 PM PDT

Same here, I played EQ2 since release up until 2009 - 2010. Was on Innorouk Server then merged into Crushbone. Name was Kirtiz (SK) Aztae(Nerco) Rudok(Illy). Primarily raided with Triad then some others along they way till I finally quit.

• 15 posts
    May 11, 2018 12:52 PM PDT

Jucilie said:

I play EQ2 since Release and now i am waiting for Pantheon The Rise of Fallen... :D

Too and i hope like many :p

• 4 posts
    May 18, 2018 1:54 PM PDT

Hard core/die hard EQ2 player here.... since release :) Currently play my mystic Libbe with Black Sheep guild on MajDul.  Looking forward to Pantheon and hoping it's as good as or better than EQ2.  Hubby also a hard core/die hard EQ2 player since release, he plays his conj. Droppor with Black Sheep. 

• 13 posts
    May 18, 2018 4:30 PM PDT

Was hardcore EQ2 player for a couple years when it released..  Lodoz- Innoruk i think.. or Nektulos.. can't remember lol, was in Archons, had many server and a few world firsts, was a blast.  Just waiting on this game now... ready for a real mmo again!

• 177 posts
    June 15, 2018 5:18 PM PDT

Anyone from Nagafen?

• 1 posts
    June 26, 2018 4:45 PM PDT

Fanatical from nagafen here.  Mostly played with Displaced.  Played with Banned on the time-locked pvp server too.

• 204 posts
    June 27, 2018 4:45 PM PDT

Started in EQ2 November 2004 with the guild Obsidian Hand (formally Shadow Guard in EQ and Shadowbane) on the Lucan D'Lere RP PVE server. Moved the guild to Venekor RP PVP server and got our guild name back (yay! Shadow Guard lives again!!) and kept a presence on there until the Naggy/Venekor merges. Elyse was running our guild on Naggy for a bit.

Many of us fled back to Antonia Bayle RP PVE once the PVP servers were merged. We had been unhappy since ARAC (All Races All Classes) was introduced on the PVP servers any way. Had some goodie alts in Fironia Vie's Champions. They are a fun bunch of RPers.

Joined up with The Dominion, a progression raiding guild heavy on the fun of raiding and not so much on the UBERZ. Those guys are great. Miss you Kat! It's all Fairweathyr's fault!! Stopped playing abou a year ago when life just got way too crazy to allow me time to dedicate to keeping a character up to raiding standards and on a reliable schedule. (I wonder if they know I didn't die IRL? Hm...) Hopefully that will change before Pantheon launches.

Characters of note: Aeviel (Bloody Bunny High Priestess of DOOM), Koloara, Jhyl, Wildescent, Tuile, Threnody... and about 24 other alts that I played on as needed for raiding or just fun. Yes, I had 2 accounts.

• 11 posts
    July 3, 2018 8:22 PM PDT

Same here played EQ2 since beta and raided hardcore for years. Antonia Bayle representing!

• 53 posts
    July 5, 2018 7:29 PM PDT

I was hardcore on Antonia Bayle for the Q side.  Played a high elf cleric named Benezetta in Firiona Vie's Champions - I was also their interviewer for guild applicants.  Whoa but that was a lot of years ago.  Then switched to Venekor and played a dark elf inquisitor named Anasur in Havok.  Was in Havok for years, then quit gaming in 2013 due to a house fire.

I'm so ready to get back into gaming and hopefully meet up with new nice folks!

This post was edited by Benezetta at July 5, 2018 7:31 PM PDT
    • 36 posts
    September 16, 2018 5:44 PM PDT

azsif said:

Hey Nayrue,

Some old school players are coming to Pantheon. Some of us are actually still active in EQ2, mainly because there isnt anything else to play currently!

What server are you guys on? I have a few toons in EQ2 but haven't played much since work as a restaurant manager doesn't afford me a set schedule. Would love to come and meet some peeps though.

Red

• 36 posts
    September 24, 2018 8:25 AM PDT

Nayrue said:

Hello! Was seeing if any old school EQ2 guilds coming to Pantheon? Anyways good to see familar names on here from a game I played for years. :)

Nayrue

I played EQ2 off an on for years. It was a thoroughly dull experience and it just got worse over time with the SoE "Updates"

*cough* desperate for cash *cough cough* PaytoWin *cough*

Excuse me!

Needless to say I did enjoy the style of PVP that was offered in EQ2. Sometimes battles between groups could go ON for a very long time. I found this especially rewarding as a Priest or Jinxer (necro, enchanter, rogue, Assassin, Dirge, etc).

Edit (I played exclusively on Nagafen Server)

This post was edited by Jordan at September 24, 2018 8:25 AM PDT