Forums » Crafting and Gathering

Harvesting / subclass

• 247 posts
    January 27, 2018 1:01 PM PST
    So question. One part only a dev can answer so i dont expect to see that but for that. Will be able to pick both a sub class (aka) smith, stonemason, Provisioner and a harvest class like miner.. or one.. or it dont marter how mucj you take.

Now for my thought.. i would like to see only . Where you have to choose a harvest or sub class. And you only get one if you change your mind later u can change it but you loose all progress you made in old.
    This would make depending one other player more it would make a stronger economy. What is every ones thought on this
    • 1785 posts
    January 27, 2018 1:06 PM PST

As I understand it from the April and January newsletters, you will be able to pick up a crafting profession (for example, blacksmith).  You'll also be able to do ALL gathering.  Then, once you get partway through the progression of your crafting profession, you'll be able to specialize into one of two or more options (armorsmith, weaponsmith).

Hope it helps answer your question :)

I'm in favor of enforcing specialization when the gameplay makes sense for it to do so.  So for crafting, the fact that we have to choose (and can specialize) makes me think there's going to be a fair number of things to craft and that there's going to be enough complexity there that each specialization feels fulfilling in its own right.  For gathering, that's harder to do.  I mean, chopping down trees is chopping down trees... apart from having different kinds of trees in different areas, I'm not sure how you could really make gathering gameplay fulfilling enough to make the gathering skills mutually exclusive.

• 247 posts
    January 27, 2018 1:25 PM PST
    Hum i didnt seen any part of the news letter on crafts just harvesting and it yalkbmost about them individually.
    • 247 posts
    January 27, 2018 4:59 PM PST
    Hum not sure why this got moved..
    • 1785 posts
    January 27, 2018 5:49 PM PST

It was probably moved because gathering and crafting topics are generally in this forum :)

April and January are the newsletters you want.  April says more about crafting, January talks more about gathering.  It's not a lot of information, but it's there.  Looking forward to us gettting more info about it.

• 247 posts
    January 27, 2018 5:51 PM PST
    Ya same i was just hoping to get a Broad talk on it and the sub channel for craft... dont get seen much
    • 1785 posts
    January 27, 2018 7:12 PM PST

Have no fear, a lot of folks look, they just don't respond right away.  Right now we're in a bit of a lull, but I imagine as more and more information gets released, people will start being more active again, so it is only a matter of time.

• 247 posts
    January 27, 2018 7:15 PM PST
    Ya lol i guess for me this is keepingnmy mind off stuff.. had a divorce so would be nice if the game was out . .. and so need info on my class..
    • 247 posts
    January 27, 2018 7:46 PM PST

So it looks like it is one crafting  class for sure. And you can do as may harvesting  classes as u feel like trying to lv up.