Forums » The Wizard

Wizard Fashion

• 2 posts
    January 19, 2018 2:26 PM PST

I would like the option of playing a male caster without wearing a dress like robe. Wizard is one of my favorite classes an it will be my main class at launch. Part of what I love about MMOs is getting gear that changers your appearance. Unfortunatly the Robe historically covers up all other gear. It would be nice to have robes act more like an open long coat for males. Or have more caster chest armor that is just that, chest armor. Also in some of the streams I have noticed hooded cloaks. I think it would be awesome to have "hood up" and "hood down" options much like the show helmet toggle. 

What are your thoughts? 

• 389 posts
    January 19, 2018 3:16 PM PST

agreed, I've been in love with long coats in games since KH2

Much more recently, Dark Souls franchise especially shows off MANY cool looking long coats, that mix well visually with other pieces of gear. I like the idea of being able to mix and match ALL of my armor to make my character look awesome.

I like shirts and pants for casters but if they can't wear metal or leather armor I'd rather none of their armor looks like metal or leather yknow?

I'd second hood up and hood down options but definately want show helmet toggle before anything else=)

I haven't checked but all this is probably somewhere in the forums

Even so, I like it.

This post was edited by BeaverBiscuit at January 19, 2018 3:19 PM PST
    • 73 posts
    February 9, 2018 6:17 PM PST

i likey this idea!

• 49 posts
    February 10, 2018 9:59 AM PST

I support this movement. Can we have both?

• 72 posts
    February 20, 2018 12:47 PM PST

As long as cloth pants don't look like tights or skin tight shorts like I've seen in some games!  :)  Perhaps an option for robes to be open or closed (Jedi style) similar to hood up/down would be cool.  If the UI allowed it, stowing of gear/weapon location being on waist or back would be cool to be adjustable too.  A staff or quarterstaff across your back, and a wand on your belt while reading a complicated ritual (like a portal) from your tome... 

• 163 posts
    February 21, 2018 8:21 AM PST

Cool idea.  While it's good when classes are visually distinct, it's better when there's a range of options within that space; I'll take a rune-etched leather trenchcoat over a robe any day.  However, VR is a small team that's already biting off a lot in this regard, so my advice is: learn to relax and love the dress.