Forums » Pantheon Classes

Just Realized.

• 2756 posts
    January 17, 2018 1:19 PM PST

Everquest was arguably the first, best and last group-based MMORPG (sorry - I didn't play Vanguard) and, if the classes turned out to be very similar in basic function, I wouldn't be surprised.

Whilst I do not want Pantheon to be EQ1.5, there *are* going to be some things that EQ did really well, and it would be hard to do really well again *without* looking similar.

• 1247 posts
    January 17, 2018 1:39 PM PST
    Yes, that's a good point Disposalist.
    • 3016 posts
    January 19, 2018 5:38 PM PST

Syrif said: Bazgrim, My original post is 100% about the 14 classes in Classic EQ and the 14 classes in Pantheon being nearly identical. Other people brought up races. And, as is seen in my response to Iksar, I brought up races specifically in response to his or her point in that reply. Thank you for your response, what I am more concerned about is down the road.. Pantheon having a similar unfortunate fate that happened to Live Everquest and Live WoW. This is a whole other topic though, and I am optimistic about Pantheon. The 14 classes are nearly identical in Classic EQ and Pantheon.. for better or worse I do not know :)

I'm just curious what you're looking for...

• 1247 posts
    January 22, 2018 7:52 PM PST

CanadinaXegony said:

Syrif said: Bazgrim, My original post is 100% about the 14 classes in Classic EQ and the 14 classes in Pantheon being nearly identical. Other people brought up races. And, as is seen in my response to Iksar, I brought up races specifically in response to his or her point in that reply. Thank you for your response, what I am more concerned about is down the road.. Pantheon having a similar unfortunate fate that happened to Live Everquest and Live WoW. This is a whole other topic though, and I am optimistic about Pantheon. The 14 classes are nearly identical in Classic EQ and Pantheon.. for better or worse I do not know :)

I'm just curious what you're looking for...

Hi Canadina,

I think I'm just getting excited for the game lol. Well, I would like to see expansions make Pantheon "harder" not easier. That Pantheon does stay true to the vision of what we miss in an MMO. Like Classic EQ, so now that I think about it, it's cool that the classes look similar. Am so looking forward to this.  

• 3016 posts
    January 23, 2018 4:32 PM PST

@Syrif aren't we all.  Have stuck it out for a long time waiting for Pantheon,  because there is LITERALLY nothing else on the market that grabs my interest..and that's been so for a long, long time.   Soon as I heard Brad McQuaid was at it again (tested EQ  before release, tested Vanguard before release, played Star Wars Galaxies (pvp) for quite some time) I was on board soon as the Kickstarter came out.   Much progress has been made, and my virtual home away from home..is becoming more of a reality.  :)

Cana