Forums » The Enchanter

Solo Ability

• 7 posts
    January 9, 2018 12:21 PM PST

What does everyone feel the soloing capabilities of an Enchanter should be?

I personally love the interplay of an enchanter with a group but as I have gotten older, the amount of friends I have able to play hardcore MMO's on the same schedule as me has dwindled significantly. It would be great if Enchanters could get by on their own at least here and there. IIRC leveling as an enchanter in EQ1 and Vanguard (psionicist) could be a tad rough.

That said, the Enchanter class has always been my favorite archetype and it is sorely lacking in representation in current MMO's. I've done 3 playthroughs of Pillars of Eternity as the Cipher class to get my fix lol. I would probably push through a tough leveling experience just because I love the class fantasy so much (i know the game is group oriented and that puts some players like me a little behind the curve without a guild).

Anyway, first post here and just curious to get the communities thoughts!

This post was edited by woodpipes at January 9, 2018 12:23 PM PST
    • 116 posts
    January 9, 2018 1:00 PM PST

I thought EQ's chanter was one of the most powerfull soloers with overhasted charmed ennemies, wasn't it the case ?

• 7 posts
    January 9, 2018 1:11 PM PST

MauvaisOeil said:

I thought EQ's chanter was one of the most powerfull soloers with overhasted charmed ennemies, wasn't it the case ?

in the early days, 1-30 was def a bit of a struggle, and you don't really come into your own until 45-50. By 60 you were in great shape, Enchanters were a little backloaded. By that i mean 70% slow for 3 minutes on a mob that hits for 250 is fantastic; 20% slow for 45 seconds on a mob that hits for 40 not so much. It was one of the few classes that got stronger as they leveled but soloing in those early and mid levels could be pretty tough.

• 333 posts
    January 9, 2018 3:42 PM PST

I hadn't given soloing as an enchanter any thought.  I guess I haven't thought much about soloing any class.  I suspect I'll spend my "down time" exploring and crafting.

When it comes to grouping, you don't have to be in a guild to meet people and find some great groups.  You make new friends through pickup groups and chance encounters.  But, if you're guildless, either it's by choice or your armour smells.   Lots of good guilds who will gobble up mature, fun-loving players.

Welcome to the Pantheon community, Wood.

• 7 posts
    January 9, 2018 4:45 PM PST

Thanks Celandor!