Forums » Expansion Classes

Grappler/Wrestler/Strong-arm ?

• 8 posts
    January 8, 2018 1:12 AM PST

(NEW SKILLS ADDED - UPDATED) 06/02/2018

What I would like to see .. create .. imagine.. play 

A grappler / wrestler / strong-arm  is what I was thinking along the lines of. Think physical with a hint of CC / Buffing / Debuffing capabilities .. off-tank possibly?

Few off the top of my head ideas for offensive abilities, buffs, debuffs, crowd control effects. (I repeat just off the top of my head)

Armor - wearing 3 or more pieces of cloth =   +5% magic damage reduction

Armor - wearing 3 or more pieces of leather =   +5% melee or ranged physical damage dealt

Armor - wearing 3 or more pieces of chainmail =   +5% physical damage melee or ranged reduction

Armor - wearing 3 or more pieces of platemail =    -3% melee or ranged physical damage dealt and +7% physical damage reduction

Headbutt - Stun target for 2 seconds. Must be in melee range.

Eye Gouge - Target enemy becomes inactive for 5 seconds OR forces enemy to attack closest player within melee range of itself.

Throat Punch - Silence enemy target for 2 seconds. Must be facing enemy target and in melee range.

Foot Stomp - Interrupt enemy cast then applies slow movement rate by 35% for 5 seconds.

Choke Out - Subdue enemy target puting it to sleep for 30seconds. Must be flanking or behind enemy target.

Dive Tackle - Charge forward dealing X damage, rooting yourself and the enemy for 5 seconds. If target is already under the effects of stun, blind, or fear deal double X physical damage.

Body Slam - Deal X damage and stun enemy target for 3 seconds. Any surrounding enemies within 5m of your target also suffer a 35% chance of being stunned for 1 second.

Leg Sweep - Reduces targets movement rates by 75% for 15 seconds, target must be fleeing, feared, blinded, and or stunned.

Pat on the Back - Applies 10% damage buff to you and your group members for 60 second after killing a mob that rewards experience. (new mob kill only refreshes duration, not accumulative)

Trash Talk - Taunt and gain the attention of enemy target for 5 seconds, duration is halved is target is non-humanoid.

Notorious - Applies 10% damage reduction buff to you and your group members for 60 seconds after killing a mob that rewards experience. (new mob kill only refreshes duration, not accumulative)

One Against Many -  For the next 25 seconds you gain 10% temporary maximum health points for every mob beyond the first that you have negative effects on. (limit of 50% or 5 mobs)

Put Up Your Dukes - 25% disarm enemy target until your next physical attack, this chance is increased to 50% if enemy target was previously taunted.

Sucker Punch - Your next physical attack critical chance rate is increased by 25%. If critical is successful then apply 3 second daze effect to that enemy target.

Tag Team - Assisted target group member and you deal 15% more damage for 5 seconds as long as you both are attacking the same enemy target for the full duration of this effect.

Tap Out - Instantly drop all aggro. For the next 3 seconds any mobs currently effected by any of your debuffs or crowd control generate no extra threat.

Concealed Weapon - Your off hand weapon may now deal double base damage value over the next 30 seconds or next 3 successful attacks. 

Bully - Debuff target enemy. You gain 5% damage increase buff for each 1 level you are higher than enemy target (3 lvl cap). Enemy target also yields -5% exp for each 1 level below you (3 lvl cap)

Crowd Favorite - Friendly target gains 5% physical damage reduction for the next 5 seconds for EACH enemy target beyond the 1st to a maximum of 5 within 15 radius of the buffed friendly.

Extortion - Taunted target enemy now yields 3% more coin for each party member who dealt it damage prior to its demise. Only 1 enemy target at a time may be under this effect Extortion debuff.

Racketeering - Group Buff. All party members within 15 radius of YOU now recieve 5% more coin value when vendoring common items. (non-magic, no rares, no uncommons, no uniques, etc.)

Personal Vendetta - You and enemy target both deal and recieve 10% more damage for 10seconds. Effect ends if anyone other than you or the enemy target should interfer by any means. 

Go for the throat - Taunted target enemy with below 50% health pool or below 50% mana pool now targets you instead for the next 2 seconds.

Insult to Injury - Targeted taunted enemy now has 10% less chance to critically hit for the next 10seconds or 3 attacks.

Alright, I could probably go on for a few hours adding more ideas.. but feel free to also throw in some of your own idea's to the mix! Looking forward to reading other peoples opinions, ideas, thoughts, and all that stuff. Thanks for stopping by~ 

ps: I'll probably update this for #$%@ and giggles if only to amuse myself. :P

This post was edited by Lazy_Lion at February 6, 2018 1:57 PM PST
    • 8 posts
    February 6, 2018 2:07 PM PST

Closing in on 100 views but still no feedback, thoughts, yays or nays?  Don't be shy !   Can't spell Community without ''Y, O, U '' and '' I ''  =)

• 773 posts
    February 6, 2018 3:45 PM PST

I like the thought about a wrestler/grappler butI guess I'm not seeing what this would add that another class doesn't do already by the way you describe it? 

Think physical with a hint of CC / Buffing / Debuffing capabilities .. off-tank possibly?

Physical- (you mean melee I think) melee with CC=monk/rogue

melee with Buffs= Paly

melee with debuffs=DL

Maybe you could clarify how the basic idea behind this would be a unique playstyle that we don't already have?  Hypothetical lists of skills isn't adding anything when the overall concept/playstyle is what I'm struggling with.

• 8 posts
    February 6, 2018 7:26 PM PST

philo said:

I like the thought about a wrestler/grappler butI guess I'm not seeing what this would add that another class doesn't do already by the way you describe it? 

Think physical with a hint of CC / Buffing / Debuffing capabilities .. off-tank possibly?

Physical- (you mean melee I think) melee with CC=monk/rogue

melee with Buffs= Paly

melee with debuffs=DL

Maybe you could clarify how the basic idea behind this would be a unique playstyle that we don't already have?  Hypothetical lists of skills isn't adding anything when the overall concept/playstyle is what I'm struggling with.

wait,  why is melee with cc only monk / rogue? how can you use ''unique''when you just used 2 examples in the same sentence under the same skill set being cc/melee ?  so if rogue is cc melee AND monk is cc melee then why can't this ''hypothetical'' class concept not be a third variation?

wait.. wait .. why is melee buffs only pally?  

wait.. wait .. wait.. why is melee with debuffs only DL?

now I'm struggling.

This post was edited by Lazy_Lion at February 9, 2018 2:15 AM PST
    • 773 posts
    February 6, 2018 8:20 PM PST

Rogues being CC is something they are trying in Pantheon that is unusual.  Not knowing exactly how it will work...apparently they have to focus on CC at the expense of their standard role.  I'm unsure if it will work out well...

Monk CC is just standard fd as part of the class.

I'm sure you understand that paly is already a cleric/war hybrid...direlord already is a war/necro type of hybrid.

why can't this ''hypothetical'' class concept not be a third variation?

We already have so many hybrids.  Your idea would be a 3rd class that does the same thing...but why? I thought you were trying to come up with something unique?  A reskin of a class we already have won't ever get implemented.  A new class would have to bring something new to the table.

I do like the idea of a grappler/wrestler.  It might be hard to make them differ from a monk.  Bare handed fighting style etc.

This post was edited by philo at February 6, 2018 10:39 PM PST
    • 773 posts
    February 8, 2018 3:18 PM PST

What about this idea:...i think it is similar.

What about a dps class that has a lot of melee counter attacks?  Not low damage type of counters like we are used to...but they could specialize in counter attacks. 

Maybe to the point where it could be an Auto attack? (you don't have to push the button) but does good dmg ...unlike standard autoattack.  Or there could be aoe counter abilities.

The flip side would have to be that maybe they could only wear leather or chain armor.  They couldn't be a normal tank who is constantly being hit and countering all the time, that would be OP...but in certain situation they would really excel.  Against mobs who aoe...or against a lot of mobs who don't hit for alot. 

I think a class like this could fit a niche that we don't have filled already.

• 8 posts
    February 9, 2018 2:30 AM PST

philo said:

What about this idea:...i think it is similar.

What about a dps class that has a lot of melee counter attacks?  Not low damage type of counters like we are used to...but they could specialize in counter attacks. 

Maybe to the point where it could be an Auto attack? (you don't have to push the button) but does good dmg ...unlike standard autoattack.  Or there could be aoe counter abilities.

The flip side would have to be that maybe they could only wear leather or chain armor.  They couldn't be a normal tank who is constantly being hit and countering all the time, that would be OP...but in certain situation they would really excel.  Against mobs who aoe...or against a lot of mobs who don't hit for alot. 

I think a class like this could fit a niche that we don't have filled already.

Your idea is also interesting an I can see some how it could evolve from some of my ideas BUT my first concern would be how the class deals with ranged classes, be it mobs and or players, missile or magic based dps? Would that render the class useless in that type of situation? I can see how it would make sense if it was strong versus melee or even magic IF engaged in close proximity but how would the class cope with ranged .. hmm.. but then again that may be the trade off and a way to justify it being so potent when it comes to close quarters combat.

or

we would need to create skills to act as ''gap closers'' otherwise being kited would end up being another challenge to overcome , maybe not so much in p PVE but if PVP or RVR of GVG becomes a thing than that may be a near instant turn off for this XXXX class. 

Let's keep the ball rollin'

This post was edited by Lazy_Lion at February 10, 2018 8:36 AM PST
    • 773 posts
    February 9, 2018 9:45 AM PST

A "Gap Closer" type of skill would be a nice addition because, you are right, a class like this would be fairly useless at range.  Though I guess it is the same with a Warrior or Rogue or any other melee class really. 

• 8 posts
    February 10, 2018 8:46 AM PST

Warriors typically get a charge or leap or even the ability to pull a target(s) to them for gap closers, rogues tend to have at least 1 ability to appear behind a target at a reasonable distance away and iirc i've think i've even see a mmo where rogues had a single target pull/chain ability as a form of gap closing as well. That being said I'm sure we could come up with at least one if not two ways to work around ranged classes/mobs/attacks be it to mitigate damage to help survive that type of encounter or a means to simply get away in a form of cc maybe?