Forums » The Rogue

Gathering info about rogue trapping ability

• 81 posts
    January 5, 2018 9:07 AM PST

Hello,

On the rogue class website's description, one can read "Some Rogues are driven to experimentation with crafting their own devices" when talking about traps.

If that's possible, i would like to know more about that because it possibly opens a lot of possibilties for the rogue class which i'm hyped about.

I wrote some ideas in another topic like a year ago about traps just as a matter of brainstorming.

I would like to gather in this section the information what is actually being considered by the devs, because i didn't get as many intel about it, even with a full several hours video of the rogue gameplay. I would understand it is a quite accurate question for the current state of development in the game, but i'm really looking forward to it. Can you guys tell me about anything official i did miss ?

Cheers,

Gideon

• Wig
    • 180 posts
    January 5, 2018 9:17 AM PST
    From what I read, rogues will have the ability to find traps and disable them. As for making traps, I think it would be more fitting for a ranger no?
    • 81 posts
    January 5, 2018 9:40 AM PST

As far as i have played, rogues usually are masters of traps. But you are halfway right : sometimes i see rangers use some natural traps (bear holes with wooden spikes, liana/bended tree traps) but the most technical traps usually belong to the rogue class (calltrops, tripwire, explosive trap, misdirection gadgets like lures etc). I would say rangers use more situational traps using their environment, especially in forests, and rogues use traps they carry with them, more like mechanical gadgets to bring everywhere.

Also, as i quoted, it's specifically written rogues will have the possibility to make traps :

https://pantheonmmo.com/classes/rogue/

See ability arsenal section. Reading the whole section, i'm pretty sure one can infer the "devices" being referred to include traps.

This post was edited by Gideon at January 5, 2018 10:05 AM PST
    • 4271 posts
    January 5, 2018 10:18 AM PST

Wig said: From what I read, rogues will have the ability to find traps and disable them. As for making traps, I think it would be more fitting for a ranger no?

I absolutely think it would make sense to fit in a Rogue's arsenal. Perhaps both Rangers and Rogues could make traps.

However, I suspect that it's simply too early to speak in detail about combat mechanics like this, because I can't find any official word on it. Seems like something that will come later. Will keep an eye out though.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at January 5, 2018 10:20 AM PST