Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Duel another player on PVE?

• 19 posts
    January 1, 2018 12:58 AM PST

I know this has probably already been asked so dont bash me but....

Will you be able to challenge another player in a PVE server to a duel?

• 57 posts
    January 1, 2018 1:34 AM PST
    So far, as we know, dueling in PvE will be a thing yes

• 557 posts
    January 1, 2018 6:20 AM PST

I hope they do include duelling and also add the UI option to silently and automatically decline duel challenges.  They can be more annoying than drive-by guild invites.

• 3852 posts
    January 1, 2018 7:59 AM PST

Ditto on the automatic decline option. Too many people are rude and hit passing strangers with stealth duel requests.

• 1281 posts
    January 1, 2018 11:12 AM PST

They have said in various videos that there will be areanas on the PvE servers, but they haven't mentioned dueling, like via a /deul command.

• 633 posts
    January 1, 2018 12:37 PM PST

It was discussed in the monk video.  https://youtu.be/y0F228Rkhxk?t=1715

• 19 posts
    January 1, 2018 11:14 PM PST

Thank you for the replies and for the video link!  It sounds like there will definitely be an option to request to deul another player on PVE.  I most certainly agree with you on the auto decline duel option as well.  LOL at drive by guild invites.

• 19 posts
    January 2, 2018 7:28 AM PST

Yea i am not big on pvp but i do enjoy just random duel for fun for sure.

• 319 posts
    January 2, 2018 7:50 AM PST

SSgt said:

I know this has probably already been asked so dont bash me but....

Will you be able to challenge another player in a PVE server to a duel?

Just log into the pvp server and you will not need to worry if you can duel others. Just sneak up behind them and gank them. just make sure you are 10 levels or higher than they are or you may get spanked.

• 363 posts
    January 2, 2018 2:14 PM PST

Celandor said:

I hope they do include duelling and also add the UI option to silently and automatically decline duel challenges.  They can be more annoying than drive-by guild invites.

This, 1000%. I don't play PVE games to PVP. Add this option to auto decline if /duel is included on PVE servers.

• 43 posts
    January 2, 2018 3:30 PM PST

Let me cast my vote for "UI option to silently and automatically decline duel challenges".  One of the first things I do with a new character/account in an MMO is to disable Duel and Guild requests so I'm not spammed & ganked.  Not against it on a PVE server because there are those who might enjoy a good fight against their fellow adventureer now and again, as well as the RP'ers who can get a great deal of story miliage from just 1 duel.