Forums » Crafting and Gathering

Experimentation?

• 6 posts
    December 31, 2017 2:53 AM PST

I'm sure this is posted elsewhere, so feel free to redirect me, but what is the general consensus on experimentation in crafting systems? I know Guild Wars 2 had a kind of experimentation where you just throw things together and items pop out, and while that led to a lot of diversity, I'm sure there are more polished systems for experimentation. Maybe like, make it more complex like if you're making armor, have different slots for each plate of the armor? Or with say like, alchemy, you choose which material/component goes in first? 

This post was edited by metromouth at December 31, 2017 10:31 PM PST
    • 174 posts
    December 31, 2017 7:29 AM PST
    • 6 posts
    December 31, 2017 10:18 AM PST

Welp, I guess I'm just heckin' blind lmao 

This post was edited by metromouth at December 31, 2017 10:30 PM PST
    • 557 posts
    December 31, 2017 11:29 AM PST

Heya, Metro.

This is a family forum.  Might want to edit your last post before the moderators recover from their eggnog.

• 6 posts
    December 31, 2017 10:30 PM PST

Oh jeez. Noted.

This post was edited by metromouth at December 31, 2017 10:32 PM PST
    • 14 posts
    January 12, 2018 1:36 PM PST

Taking experimentation a little further .. kind of ... what about how crafting was done in SWG? I loved that to death, finding out the best places to get the "Good" stuff so you can craft much better items instead of the mundane stuff you would get from standard run of the mill nodes/animals and so on and they actually made a class dedicated to just that with the various branches of course, and from building housing to crafting healing items and buffs ... I must admit that was one game I really miss just because of that kind of stuff you wouldn't get bored because you could come up with new and better items, as I recall Kritika online has a way of recycling items into gems and whatnot that you can turn around and enhance the gear you have as well, and other games have ways of salvaging items to basic materials to craft other items ...   

I like a lot of that,  it would be cool to integrate a good happy medium of these things I would guess in order to keep the interest

You'll have to excuse the multiple edits .. My spelling has been atrocious this last  .......   Decade =/

This post was edited by Raiban at January 12, 2018 1:40 PM PST