Forums » The Ranger

Ranger Weapons

• 132 posts
    December 28, 2017 10:03 AM PST

What kind of weapons will a ranger use? Will it use both melee and ranged weapons? Will one be the more ideal and powerful way to go? What types of weapons will be options for their ranged attacks? Bows, crossbows, dual 1 handed repeater crossbows, rifles, dual pistols? I think I've heard somewhere no guns in pantheon which I'm cool with. What kind of weapons would be for melee? Dual 1 handed only like axes, swords, clubs? Or will they be 2handers for melee like spears, polearms, swords, axes, hammers?

I feel like in most games Ranger type classes are so up in the air for what they are and what weapons they use. Does anyone know what they will use in pantheon?

• 474 posts
    December 28, 2017 11:06 AM PST

The details of the Ranger class have not been released or even hinted at. No one can say.

• 249 posts
    December 28, 2017 11:15 AM PST

Hopefully the class won't be pigeon-holed into a specific weapon type.  If class definitions get too specific, people won't be able to create the characters that they want to play. 

• 23 posts
    January 18, 2018 1:44 PM PST

Ranger does not equal archer - if you have to have a range only or range specific class make it a subclass of the fighter. 

I hope :)