Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Amor Dyes and Guild Emblems

• 68 posts
    January 12, 2020 1:51 PM PST

I like the heat induced color look that Portalgun  showed . If all armor dropped was the base color.  You could have the blacksmith temper your armour to change the color, with the higher temps taking more skill and a chance of the armor piece melting down. This would show the skill of the blacksmith and the owner of the armour willing to take a chance to stand out. Are you willing to but your armour on the line to standout!

Also as a second idea the Blacksmith could use and some ground crystals from the land to put more added color to the armour.

This post was edited by SooZo at January 12, 2020 1:57 PM PST
    • 520 posts
    January 13, 2020 2:04 AM PST

SooZo said:

I like the heat induced color look that Portalgun  showed . If all armor dropped was the base color.  You could have the blacksmith temper your armour to change the color, with the higher temps taking more skill and a chance of the armor piece melting down. This would show the skill of the blacksmith and the owner of the armour willing to take a chance to stand out. Are you willing to but your armour on the line to standout!

Also as a second idea the Blacksmith could use and some ground crystals from the land to put more added color to the armour.

I wouldn't mind being able to change a colour of the armour, as long as: it involves profficient crafters and  parts of armour from different materials have to be "dyed" separately - so metal parts will need specific minerals and armorsmith, cloth parts will need dyes (alchemist) and tailor, leatherstraps - dyes and leatherworker.

• 168 posts
    January 27, 2020 1:17 PM PST

I also was a huge fan of dyes and how it involved the crafting community in DAoC. Nothing wrong with them IMO and would love to see them in Pantheon. Here is the difference though that should be at least mildly concidered: The best gear in DAoC was very often crafted gear, not so true in EQ. I didnt have too many problems telling who was wearing what, at least for upper level gear, in DAoC but that was because the BiS per class really wasnt too diverse. Maybe there can be something said differently for EQ, a game I have never played. Either way, nostalgia is all fine and dandy but the implementation of dyes or the lack thereof should be based around the current and future needs of the game and not nostalgia.

• 1281 posts
    January 28, 2020 6:06 AM PST

I don't mind armor dyes for crafted equipment. I don't want those changes allowed for dropped items though.

• 151 posts
    January 28, 2020 5:35 PM PST
    I also loved Dyes, Syrupy, Enamels and Paints on crafted equipment in DAoC, and would like to have coloring in Pantheon.
    • 888 posts
    February 27, 2020 10:51 AM PST
    Some gamers want rare loot to be instantly noticeable because they like showing off their accomplishments.

Some gamers want customization because they want a unique look that is an expression of them.

The middle ground is to design rare items to be visually distinct regardless of the color. Allow them to be dyed but use all the tricks available to a modern, high resolution MMO (like giving items distinct silhouettes and flair).