Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Has there been an update on platforms?

• 5 posts
    December 12, 2017 7:17 AM PST

I found an FAQ after a minutes of searching that said Pantheon would be developed for Mac after PC. I just wanted to know if by some small chance there has been any updates in regards to that and if we know if it is at all in development now or anything? Thanks!

• 2752 posts
    December 12, 2017 9:15 AM PST

Pretty sure it's still set for PC until near release then they will assess where to go from there, Mac if it makes sense when they get there followed by anything else that makes sense. 

• 1281 posts
    December 12, 2017 11:43 AM PST

It pretty clearly answers your question:

https://pantheonmmo.com/game/faqs/

"The great thing about Unity is that it can target different systems. We will absolutely have a PC client. We hope to have a Mac client as well if it makes sense as we near release. Any other clients would come after launch."

That tells me that there are no plans for other clients until after launch, therefor no more information.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at December 12, 2017 11:44 AM PST
    • 5 posts
    December 12, 2017 7:05 PM PST

bigdogchris said:

It pretty clearly answers your question:

https://pantheonmmo.com/game/faqs/

"The great thing about Unity is that it can target different systems. We will absolutely have a PC client. We hope to have a Mac client as well if it makes sense as we near release. Any other clients would come after launch."

That tells me that there are no plans for other clients until after launch, therefor no more information.

In my original post I thought I was clear in saying that I’d read that, and was just curious to know if there’d been an update made elsewhere in regards to progress or intent. That’s what I was trying to get at ;)

• 557 posts
    December 12, 2017 7:22 PM PST

I'm hoping for a native Mac client at launch.  Other current Unity games that I've tried which are still in development don't run well on the Mac under VMware Fusion running Win10.   The games seem to stutter, especially the audio, which completely ruins the experience.

• 160 posts
    December 12, 2017 8:24 PM PST

make a partition for a windows OS?