Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

4 Week Too Late

• 86 posts
    December 9, 2017 1:54 PM PST

Man I have the worst luck. A few months ago, my boss told me I was getting a pretty substantial raise starting the middle of December. I was planning on upgrading my pledge to the $1000 one at $100/mo at that time. I just watched the last stream and saw you stopped the payment option the last week of November. There go that plan. :)

Oh well, I guess it wasnt meant to be. I was looking forward to getting in there and helping out. Being in many testing phases of past MMOs was a lot of fun testing and giving feedback.

I'll see ya in Alpha :)

• 763 posts
    December 9, 2017 2:04 PM PST

I am sure you will be joining a large number of other Champion level pledges, come Alpha testing.

Always look on the bright side (if you can) ...

You are in a position to take part in testing soon ....
    ... think about those poor souls who have been waiting some 2 years to get to this point!

Evoras, is sure he will see in you Alpha!

• 3016 posts
    December 9, 2017 2:04 PM PST

Can still pay in one lump sum..before the 20th of December..its just the monthly pledges that have gone away.

• 1095 posts
    December 9, 2017 2:07 PM PST

Evoras said:

I am sure you will be joining a large number of other Champion level pledges, come Alpha testing.

... think about those poor souls who have been waiting some 2 years to get to this point!

Think its been 3 for me. Looking forward to Alpha myself.

• 86 posts
    December 9, 2017 2:08 PM PST

Evoras said:

Yup, My original pledge was June 2016. I had plenty of time to upgrade between then and now. If only they would have given me this raise a month ago... LOL.

• 86 posts
    December 9, 2017 2:09 PM PST

CanadinaXegony said:

Can still pay in one lump sum..before the 20th of December..its just the monthly pledges that have gone away.

Yea, No way I could do that one. Its no biggie. I'll still be able to contribute, just not this year... :)

• 1095 posts
    December 9, 2017 2:23 PM PST

Koreno said:

CanadinaXegony said:

Yea, No way I could do that one. Its no biggie. I'll still be able to contribute, just not this year... :)

Yeah I think alpha will be more intresting to test as the variety of things to test should be far greater. From a professional stand point being a software engineer, I like processes and not being in pre-alpha I'm real curious how it will go but I'm just gonna be ready for alpha. I got plenty of bugs to find at work from the software we get from our contractors lol.

This post was edited by Aich at December 9, 2017 2:24 PM PST
    • 3016 posts
    December 9, 2017 2:30 PM PST

Koreno said:

CanadinaXegony said:

Yeah understandable had to save up for mine in 2014.   Come alpha like Zeem says,  I expect we'll be able to see more and find more bugs. :)

Cana

• 76 posts
    December 9, 2017 4:11 PM PST

i also couldnt get ehough money to spend to get into pre alpha but it isnt a problem, i upgraded to champion however. bring on alpha am i right.

• 255 posts
    December 9, 2017 6:53 PM PST

Mine was Feb 2014 so will be at least 4 years before I get in. (Not expeciting to be in by feb 2018)

• 76 posts
    December 10, 2017 7:05 AM PST

Boulda said:

Mine was Feb 2014 so will be at least 4 years before I get in. (Not expeciting to be in by feb 2018)

hey after wating that long whats a few more months haha, and i thought mine from 2 years ago was long.

• 211 posts
    December 10, 2017 11:58 AM PST

Boulda said:

Ditto.

• 3237 posts
    December 10, 2017 11:59 AM PST

Koreno said:

Man I have the worst luck. A few months ago, my boss told me I was getting a pretty substantial raise starting the middle of December. I was planning on upgrading my pledge to the $1000 one at $100/mo at that time. I just watched the last stream and saw you stopped the payment option the last week of November. There go that plan. :)

Oh well, I guess it wasnt meant to be. I was looking forward to getting in there and helping out. Being in many testing phases of past MMOs was a lot of fun testing and giving feedback.

I'll see ya in Alpha :)

Paypal has an option where you can pay for something in full with no interest for 6 months.  Where there is a will, there is a way!

This post was edited by oneADseven at December 10, 2017 11:59 AM PST
    • 70 posts
    December 10, 2017 4:33 PM PST

I had thought about ponying up 900 more dollars to get to the "alpha that shall not be mentioned", but I'm not feeling it.

• 801 posts
    December 12, 2017 7:54 AM PST

Or just save your money? Sounds like you have none or you would have done so already. Not a good idea to spend like that. Remember if you get laid off, you should try to save up to 6 months wages. Just saying incase of an emergency.

• 76 posts
    December 12, 2017 8:41 AM PST

Crazzie said:

Or just save your money? Sounds like you have none or you would have done so already. Not a good idea to spend like that. Remember if you get laid off, you should try to save up to 6 months wages. Just saying incase of an emergency.

aye this is why i didnt end up going to the Pre alpha pack. i have the money on hand sure but i will feel the loss of that money. it is somthing to want to help the game but im fairly sure VR doesnt want us to brankrupt our selves even for their game. 

we have waited this long already, our time will come sooner then you might think.

• 70 posts
    December 13, 2017 6:41 PM PST

Dang it, I'm still torn.  I didn't convince myself with my previous post.  It's hard to cough up $900 more dollars... $150 more will get me to alpha, and frankly, I may not be best suited to do the pre-alpha.  None of the rewards for paying the additional $900 are all that appealing.  It's strictly to get into pre-alpha.  I guess I have until 12/20 to decide, huh.

• 86 posts
    December 14, 2017 8:21 AM PST

Crazzie said:

I have money, I just have a self imposed minimum balance and inventments transfers every month. I dont touch that money except for emergencies. Besides, I believe in using other peoples money as long as possible. Hence the 100/mo option I was going to use. As for the posibilities of losing my job, the company I work for is a family business and because of what we do, I dont see that as an issue any time soon. We service builders of multi-family housing by supplying the entire lighting package and life safety devices for their projects. I dont see the construction of apartment complexes and condos slowing down anytime soon.

Thanks for the concern. It's refreshing to see people care.

• 56 posts
    December 14, 2017 9:51 PM PST

hackerssuck said:

I had thought about ponying up 900 more dollars to get to the "alpha that shall not be mentioned", but I'm not feeling it.

Similar situation here, although I'm feeling it. I have the $250 Pathfinder pledge currently, and the $750 upgrade to originator open in another tab, but without more information regarding the testing timeline that doesn't seem available yet I can't quite commit. If we had a rough time frame for the testing phases (which I don't think exists, unless I missed it) I would click that pay now button and hop in. I'm one of those people that truly loves seeing games at this stage and watching them come together, so I'm not worried about that.

Have I missed any clues regarding duration of pre-alpha?