Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Early Access for Launch

This topic has been closed.
    • 1095 posts
    December 8, 2017 5:51 PM PST

So who is in favor of early access and what would you pay for it.

New pledge items could be.

2 day  $50

3 day  $100

5 day  $500

Would this be pay to win category or just helping the game get developed as a pledge?

Thoughts?

• 9 posts
    December 8, 2017 5:57 PM PST

I don't like the idea.  Personally one of the things I really like about Pantheon is that no one is any better off at launch than anyone else no matter how much they pledged or even if they buy the game retail at launch (except maybe some gameplay knowledge gained through testing).

• 1095 posts
    December 8, 2017 5:59 PM PST

Azeri said:

I don't like the idea.  Personally one of the things I really like about Pantheon is that no one is any better off at launch than anyone else no matter how much they pledged or even if they buy the game retail at launch (except maybe some gameplay knowledge gained through testing).

That is a primary concern for me as well. All of the pledge items offer no advantage as currently planned. I wanted to see how the community thought on this topic. It goes both ways for me.  More money for game dev ops but where should VR draw the line given the vision of Pantheon.

If they did offer it, I would buy it for sure.

Thanks for the reply.

This post was edited by Aich at December 8, 2017 6:03 PM PST
    • 1618 posts
    December 8, 2017 6:03 PM PST

They have already promised no early starts. It's against their tenets.

• 1095 posts
    December 8, 2017 6:07 PM PST

Beefcake said:

They have already promised no early starts. It's against their tenets.

This is hypothetical, like Aradune's PLEX discussion.

This post was edited by Aich at December 8, 2017 6:11 PM PST
    • 3237 posts
    December 8, 2017 6:10 PM PST

This is nothing like that.

• 1095 posts
    December 8, 2017 6:11 PM PST

oneADseven said:

Yes it is.

• 3237 posts
    December 8, 2017 6:21 PM PST

Zeem said:

oneADseven said:

Yes it is.

Brad asked for our feedback about a special ruleset server.  We have always known that special ruleset servers were planned, and that dialogue would be opened up at some point to discuss what kinds might make sense.  You are asking people how much money they would spend for early access.  It's been stated countless times that Pantheon will not have an early access period.  These two things are not the same thing.  You're being a troll.

• 1095 posts
    December 8, 2017 6:27 PM PST

oneADseven said:

Zeem said:

oneADseven said:

Yes it is.

Brad asked for our feedback about a special ruleset server.  We have always known that special ruleset servers were planned, and that dialogue would be opened up at some point to discuss what kinds might make sense.  You are asking people how much money they would spend for early access.  It's been stated countless times that Pantheon will not have an early access period.  These two things are not the same thing.  You're being a troll.

I asked the community their thoughts on the topic. Simple.

This post was edited by Aich at December 9, 2017 10:26 AM PST
    • 1095 posts
    December 8, 2017 6:29 PM PST

Dbl Post

This post was edited by Aich at December 8, 2017 6:30 PM PST
    • 2130 posts
    December 8, 2017 7:42 PM PST

No.

• 557 posts
    December 8, 2017 8:37 PM PST

I you really want to donate more money to VR, kudos to you.  I'm sure if you PM Kilsin,  he'll advise  you the best way to do exactly that.

As to the nature of this thread, I agree that it just seems to be trolling to start more mindless discussion over things that aren't on anyone's roadmap at VR.

There has been enough of that recently.

• 160 posts
    December 8, 2017 8:54 PM PST
    To answer the OP: I would pay $0 for early access. I very likely won't test much during the phases I have bought in to.

To echo the thoughts of the others above: bad idea. At launch, wouldn't the game already be fully developed (minus bug fixing and future content)? At that point the game either needs to prove itself profitable (float) or not (sink) and let the current take it.
    • 323 posts
    December 8, 2017 10:25 PM PST

This is a form of p2w, so no. 

• 1714 posts
    December 8, 2017 10:34 PM PST

Zeem said:

2 day  $50

3 day  $100

5 day  $500

Would this be pay to win category or just helping the game get developed as a pledge?

Thoughts?

Absolutely against this. The thought actually makes me laugh. It doesn't indicate a connection to how this kind of game works. 

This post was edited by Keno Monster at December 8, 2017 10:35 PM PST
    • 319 posts
    December 9, 2017 9:55 AM PST

One of the things I liked most in VR is the fact that they will NOT have early access. If they make it a pay for entry item then what will stop them from opening up a store a couple of weeks after launch with the excuse "we need more backing".

NO early access and NO item mall. Thats is the plan and I think it is a grand plan. If they make the game as interesting and fun as they say they will then there will be no need for early access and Item malls.The subs should handle it easily. If they make the game as exciting and challenging as they say it will be then the people with a lot of cash would excel if the cash shop were available making it very unbalanced.

And before you tell me early access and item malls are very different just look at your post. It states pay to play early. The first isle in the item mall is pay to play early isle.

• 319 posts
    December 9, 2017 9:55 AM PST

One of the things I liked most in VR is the fact that they will NOT have early access. If they make it a pay for entry item then what will stop them from opening up a store a couple of weeks after launch with the excuse "we need more backing".

NO early access and NO item mall. Thats is the plan and I think it is a grand plan. If they make the game as interesting and fun as they say they will then there will be no need for early access and Item malls.The subs should handle it easily. If they make the game as exciting and challenging as they say it will be then the people with a lot of cash would excel if the cash shop were available making it very unbalanced.

And before you tell me early access and item malls are very different just look at your post. It states pay to play early. The first isle in the item mall is pay to play early isle.

• 3016 posts
    December 9, 2017 11:46 AM PST

Zeem said:

2 day  $50

3 day  $100

5 day  $500

Thoughts?

Nope that's a non-starter.  :)

Cana

• 9115 posts
    December 9, 2017 6:05 PM PST

I appreciate the thought, Zeem, but this is not something we will be doing, we do not provide "Early Access" to Pantheon, if people want to help support the game's development and pull their sleeves up to help with the dirty work (testing) then we have many different pledges available to suit peoples needs, otherwise we look forward to seeing everyone at launch.

I will go ahead and close this now as it will not be happening and therefore not up for discussion.