Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

How much will we be able to discuss pre-alpha here?

This topic has been closed.
    • 160 posts
    December 9, 2017 11:25 AM PST

I can see people are getting excited. That escalated quickly considering you're talking hypotheticals. 

• 3016 posts
    December 9, 2017 11:37 AM PST

Again,  loose lips sink ships,  and it could very well be your ship  (game access)  that sinks,  if you ignore the NDA and break all the rules. :)   At this point I think people should be well informed by now in the does and don'ts.  :)    

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at December 9, 2017 12:20 PM PST
    • 1095 posts
    December 9, 2017 12:48 PM PST

Nuggie said:

I can see people are getting excited. That escalated quickly considering you're talking hypotheticals. 

lol yeah, I love it. Its like general chat and the game isn't out yet.

This post was edited by Aich at December 9, 2017 12:49 PM PST
    • 801 posts
    December 9, 2017 12:51 PM PST

A completely whole thread on how NDA works? really guys.

Just ask, or PM a mod for information.

Then you argue over it? really guys?

LMAO

• 1921 posts
    December 9, 2017 12:53 PM PST

There's no argument once a legal precedent has been set by a judge in a court.  Until then, yep, lots of discussion. heheh.

• 1281 posts
    December 9, 2017 1:02 PM PST

vjek said:

There's no argument once a legal precedent has been set by a judge in a court.  Until then, yep, lots of discussion. heheh.

An NDA is a contract.  Contract law is very well settled.  A recent example is the NDA that the Google engineer violated when he stole a bunch of Google data to start his own company, Otto, which was then acquired by Uber.  Look up that lawsuit.

• 1921 posts
    December 9, 2017 1:07 PM PST

I understand certain types of NDA's have well established precedents.  Just hoping we'll see a judge rule on one in civil court for an unpaid volunteer tester NDA at some point.

• 1281 posts
    December 9, 2017 1:09 PM PST

vjek said:

I understand certain types of NDA's have well established precedents.  Just hoping we'll see a judge rule on one in civil court for an unpaid volunteer tester NDA at some point.

Your status, paid or not, has no bearing on a CONTRACT that you have agreed to.  There are all sorts of contracts that are binding on you that you are not paid for.

• 1095 posts
    December 9, 2017 1:29 PM PST

Crazzie said:

LMAO

Least we know the bold and italicize buttons work :)

• 3016 posts
    December 9, 2017 1:58 PM PST

Crazzie said:

LMAO

To be expected methinks,  but at least this way the information on what not to do is out there.  lol

Cana

• 3016 posts
    December 9, 2017 2:01 PM PST

vjek said:

Doesn't matter if you are paid or not paid,  the point is you signed the contract,  and supposedly...your word is your bond,  if it isn't ...then I guess that could be taken as an untruth.  And whatever repercussions from that particular action or decision...happen.

Cana

• 1281 posts
    December 9, 2017 6:07 PM PST

I would expect there to be a pre-alpha only forum where you can talk about it all you want.

• 9115 posts
    December 9, 2017 6:30 PM PST

There will be no pre-alpha discussion in here at all, any posts speaking about pre-alpha will be removed and further action may be taken depending on the level of breach.

We will continue with official updates and releases as per normal, we may officially release pre-alpha information but please do not expect it, it is business as usual and everyone involved in pre-alpha will be under a strict EULA and NDA and will be unable to even let on that they are involved in the pre-alpha testing process.

• 1281 posts
    December 9, 2017 7:19 PM PST

Kilsin said:

There will be no pre-alpha discussion in here at all, any posts speaking about pre-alpha will be removed and further action may be taken depending on the level of breach.

I think we would completely understand that you remove post where a pre-alpha tester leaks some type of information. But I hope you are not suggesting that talking about it in a conceptual way, in general terms, will result in post being blocked or threads locked or whatever.

Are you saying the "P-A" word is now banned around here? VR may need to clarify what they mean about "no discussion".

This post was edited by bigdogchris at December 9, 2017 7:24 PM PST
    • 27 posts
    December 10, 2017 3:36 AM PST

Kilsin, any chance that pledgers coming in for later waves can agree to the pre-alpha NDA/EULA and have access to discussions about things, but not the game itself? We want to help make the game better too, even if we can't afford a pre-alpha tier.

• 2138 posts
    December 10, 2017 5:54 AM PST

Kilsin said:

We will continue with official updates and releases as per normal, we may officially release pre-alpha information but please do not expect it, it is business as usual and everyone involved in pre-alpha will be under a strict EULA and NDA and will be unable to even let on that they are involved in the pre-alpha testing process.

If you continue with official updates, like nice screenshots from time to time, can I ASSUME that it might from pre-alpha?

• 287 posts
    December 10, 2017 1:08 PM PST

They already told us "by the holidays" so expect pre alpha sometime before July 4th.

This post was edited by bryanleo9 at December 10, 2017 4:17 PM PST
    • 1281 posts
    December 10, 2017 4:19 PM PST

Traditionally, "the holidays", refers to the Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years timeframe.

• 9115 posts
    December 10, 2017 9:54 PM PST

bigdogchris said:

Kilsin said:

I think we would completely understand that you remove post where a pre-alpha tester leaks some type of information. But I hope you are not suggesting that talking about it in a conceptual way, in general terms, will result in post being blocked or threads locked or whatever.

Are you saying the "P-A" word is now banned around here? VR may need to clarify what they mean about "no discussion".

The conceptual talk will serve no purpose though man, we are in private forums discussions with pre-alpha testers who are under EULA and NDA and will be receiving first-hand feedback from them, my friend, you and everyone else has the opportunity to join them but if you choose not to for whatever reason, then you will have to wait until your testing phase comes around if you have access to one via a pledge.

I can't stress this enough, pre-alpha discussions are to be kept strictly to the official PA forums. Just go about your normal business and game discussions but have a think before you post to make sure it isn't PA related.