Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

General Ambience and Sounds

• 27 posts
    December 6, 2017 8:27 PM PST

Hello Fellow Adventurers!

I wanted to request that developers pay special attention to the input of sounds as players level up and also to potentially add in-game mechanics to have friendly nearby NPCs clap for players who level up in their presence. Applause would add ambience to the player experience.

Other places would be hearing incredibly low drops in bass when powerful spells are about to drop leaving all other sounds deaf immersing the player experience.

Also, if players get feared, dampen the sounds put them in first person and hear their heart rate increase as they lose control.

All of these experiences would make the players feel more engaged in the game and I think would leave an overwhelmingly positive experience.

LordJJ

• 999 posts
    December 7, 2017 7:27 AM PST

Hello - and I am all for ambient sounds to add to immersion, and, while your thread brings up some unique ideas - there was a CM Question posted by Kilsin last year related to in-game sounds and music - a lot of good discussion in it:

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2104/how-important-are-in-game-sounds-and-music

This post was edited by Raidan at December 7, 2017 7:27 AM PST
    • 3016 posts
    December 9, 2017 11:48 AM PST

Joppa is our music guy (he wears several hats actually) has been here with us for some years.  :)   Some of his work is on Sound Cloud.   Last livestream we could already hear sounds/music.   

• 27 posts
    December 9, 2017 2:59 PM PST

Thanks guys for the responses. I'm really looking forward to making this one of the best MMOs out there and bring together communities.

While going through Alpha; is there any way for me to contact Joppa for advice on ambience and sound improvement as I test the game or should I post directly here?

• 1095 posts
    December 9, 2017 3:02 PM PST

LordJJ said:

Thanks guys for the responses. I'm really looking forward to making this one of the best MMOs out there and bring together communities.

While going through Alpha; is there any way for me to contact Joppa for advice on ambience and sound improvement as I test the game or should I post directly here?

I'm sure Alpha will have a forumn section like, I assume pre-alpha does. So I would say not here.

This post was edited by Aich at December 9, 2017 3:02 PM PST