Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Mouse Recommendation

• 11 posts
    December 1, 2017 7:18 PM PST

I am looking for recommendations for a new gaming mouse.  I am currently using a Razer Naga (with 6 buttons under the thumb), but am no longer able to use those buttons due to limited functionality in my mouse hand.  I can hit one.. maybe two.. of those buttons with moderate accuracy, but the others - not so much.

I have been looking around for ideas a bit onine, and am hoping that some of you will be able to lend a hand (pun totally intended).

Thank you!

• 633 posts
    December 1, 2017 7:41 PM PST

I have a Logitech G500 Programmable Gaming Mouse and I love it.  It's the first gaming mouse I've ever bought so I can't compare it to others.  It is weighted nicely (and can be made heavier or lighter) and has three large buttons on the side which are programmable.  The buttons are slightly textured differently, so you can differentiate between them easily as well.

• 11 posts
    December 1, 2017 8:58 PM PST

I'll check it out, thanks  :)

• 126 posts
    December 1, 2017 9:00 PM PST

I've been using 

• 11 posts
    December 1, 2017 9:30 PM PST

I think that would probably be too many buttons on the side... wouldn't be able to use it to its fullest.

• 334 posts
    December 2, 2017 9:26 AM PST

Bought myself Tartarus v2 (left) and Tyon (mouse), and have a Apex 300 (key):

Edit: fixed left (I used the wrong picture as Kellindil pointed out)

This post was edited by Rydan at December 3, 2017 7:22 AM PST
    • 1468 posts
    December 2, 2017 5:57 PM PST

The Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum is the dogs bollocks. I love it.

Haven't really made much use of its ability to record macros but I might investigate at some point.

• 422 posts
    December 2, 2017 6:47 PM PST

Rydan said:

Bought myself Tartarus v2 (left) and Tyon (mouse), and have a Apex 300 (key):

The left hand controller pictured is the Orbweaver Chroma. the Tartarus v2 has a scroll wheel at the bottom right corner of the keypad.

I use Orbweaver / Black Widow / Mamba for my setup. The left hand controller has plenty of keys to setup almost anything. I rarely use the mouse keys because I have trouble with them myself as well.

• 557 posts
    December 2, 2017 9:30 PM PST

I have a Logitech gaming mouse with WAY too many buttons under the thumb.  I've never been able to use half of what it offers.  That mouse is rotting in a file cabinet. 

I replaced it with a Logitech Performance MX which has just the right number of buttons for my old hands to navigate.  It has just 4 buttons under the thumb in easily distinguished positions.  It's cordless, except about once a week when I have to connect its tail for a couple of hours to charge.   Love the charging system as it never leaves me scrambling for batteries or having to swap mice because one needs to rest on a charging stand.   I wrote a little utility which gives me a voice message  warning that my mouse battery is critical, so I can just reach into the drawer and connect the cable.

Super happy with this mouse.

I have it paired with a Kinesis Freestyle Edge gaming keyboard.   Seems like a winning combo for my play style.

• 11 posts
    December 3, 2017 1:12 AM PST

Your recommendations are much appreciated folks, thank you very much.   

• 66 posts
    December 3, 2017 5:02 AM PST

Personally i like the simplicity of the Razer Deathadder, its got 2 buttons on the thumb.  i dont need much more than that. 

• 334 posts
    December 3, 2017 7:19 AM PST

kellindil said:
    The left hand controller pictured is the Orbweaver Chroma. the Tartarus v2 has a scroll wheel at the bottom right corner of the keypad.
    I use Orbweaver / Black Widow / Mamba for my setup. The left hand controller has plenty of keys to setup almost anything. I rarely use the mouse keys because I have trouble with them myself as well.

Thou art right, I avoided the black background pics from the razer site and accidently posted the wrong picture.
    The Tartarus v2 is not out yet; I pre-ordered. correct picture:

• 2886 posts
    December 4, 2017 5:49 AM PST

I'm with Holywind. I've been using various Razer Nagas for about 7 years now and have no plans of changing. When I was playing DDO, it seriously helped me reach top tier gameplay. It definitely takes some getting used to at first, but once it feels like an extension of your body, there's nothing else like it.

• 71 posts
    December 4, 2017 9:15 AM PST

I'm using the Razer Naga as well, but haven't played a title yet that I could use it with.   Hoping that with some practice I will be able to utilize all those buttons.