Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Graphic Developers of Pantheon

• 27 posts
    November 29, 2017 3:18 PM PST

Hello,

I wanted to get this video to the developers of Pantheon and see if we could merge the story of Pantheon with this kind of graphics. I know that processing for graphics is a huge problem and I think that if we could do this for Pantheon then we would be much better off with a more realistic word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uYkbXlgUCw

It will drastically reduce the time needed to create realistic items in game since we could scan them and they go direct in game.

Thanks for reading and let me know what you think of the video. I'm looking forward to Alpha and I would be mind blown if we could make this game a VR.

I promise you that if you added fuctionality to the game it will make the game 100% so much better.

LordJJ

This post was edited by LordJJ at November 29, 2017 3:25 PM PST
    • 557 posts
    November 30, 2017 8:44 AM PST

New tech like that from Euclideon may well change the future of computer graphics.  

I can't think of anything which would knock Pantheon off the rails faster than restarting development with a new (unproven) tool chain and graphics engine.

Euclidean's tech, if it's all viable, seems to be better suited for use with their scanning hardware in the geospatial industry, which seems to be their new focus.

I would love to see them succeed in revolutionizing computer graphics, but I'm more interested in seeing Pantheon ship in my lifetime.

• 159 posts
    November 30, 2017 8:49 AM PST

I've read about Euclidean and it seems their new tech is basically old tech with fancy marketing. Their approach allegedly severely limits other visual effects such as shading, because it relies on displaying multiple copies of the same object using only one asset, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know if that's the case. What I do know is there is about zero chance that VR would switch engines at this point of development.

• 3852 posts
    November 30, 2017 11:01 AM PST

I love buggy whips. Well OK I really don't - I am not *that* attached to old technology.

But VR neither should nor will change gears at this stage.

Reminds me a bit of the slogan from the second Nixon campaign for president. Don't change Dicks in the middle of a screw - vote for Nixon in '72. 

VR should stick to what it has with whatever improvements it can make during testing, of course.

((yes that was a real slogan I remember it well even after all these years. Obviously it wasn't *his* slogan))

• 334 posts
    November 30, 2017 3:13 PM PST

some comic artists also use similar techniques to build a setting for the story and can take much time of redrawing actual places.

• 27 posts
    December 1, 2017 9:41 PM PST

I would love to revisit my events of running through everquest in VR... well in this case Pantheon ;)