Forums » Pantheon Races

Would be nice to change some of the apperance

    • 72 posts
    November 25, 2017 7:52 AM PST

    I think it would be nice to be able to change some of your apperance on your avatar, like beards,harstyles perhaps even hair colour

    even after you created your charachter!!  what do you think ?

    • 1688 posts
    November 25, 2017 8:26 AM PST

    character creation is a major thing for the majority of us I would think.  Therefore should be taken very seriously at the beginning of our journey.  Nothing to be rushed through.  Forever living with your decisions and making the best of them :) 

    • 45 posts
    March 12, 2018 6:02 AM PDT

    I'm of two minds on this, and I can't seem to decide which I ultimately find more important.

    On one hand, if I've been playing my character for three or four years there is nothing necessarily wrong with, say, wanting to get a hair cut, or wanting to switch my hair style from a poinytail to straight or into a braid. That kinda thing happens in real life and can be nice in a game when someone is committed long term.

    On the other hand, our characters are our avatars and represent us within the game world. If their core appearance can change drastically on a whim, it can make it harder for people to easily recognize us, which goes against the core idea of character identity value. 

    • 3492 posts
    March 12, 2018 6:22 AM PDT

    katryn said:

    I'm of two minds on this, and I can't seem to decide which I ultimately find more important.

    On one hand, if I've been playing my character for three or four years there is nothing necessarily wrong with, say, wanting to get a hair cut, or wanting to switch my hair style from a poinytail to straight or into a braid. That kinda thing happens in real life and can be nice in a game when someone is committed long term.

    On the other hand, our characters are our avatars and represent us within the game world. If their core appearance can change drastically on a whim, it can make it harder for people to easily recognize us, which goes against the core idea of character identity value. 

    Most people will identify you by your race and your name. Neither of those things will be able to be changed easily, if at all. So having some sort of cosmetologist NPC in towns that can change your hair, etc. for a fee can only be a good thing.

    • 99 posts
    March 20, 2018 6:06 AM PDT

    Bazgrim said:

    katryn said:

    I'm of two minds on this, and I can't seem to decide which I ultimately find more important.

    On one hand, if I've been playing my character for three or four years there is nothing necessarily wrong with, say, wanting to get a hair cut, or wanting to switch my hair style from a poinytail to straight or into a braid. That kinda thing happens in real life and can be nice in a game when someone is committed long term.

    On the other hand, our characters are our avatars and represent us within the game world. If their core appearance can change drastically on a whim, it can make it harder for people to easily recognize us, which goes against the core idea of character identity value. 

    Most people will identify you by your race and your name. Neither of those things will be able to be changed easily, if at all. So having some sort of cosmetologist NPC in towns that can change your hair, etc. for a fee can only be a good thing.

    Hhhhhhmmmmm.  What about this being player-based?  Probably would not be a lot of demand for it, though.  Maybe instead of having a cosmotologist Crafters could make what a player would need to use the (NPC) cosmetic vendor?  i.e., I need to take 10 Yarrow and 5 Beets to someone with Alchemy to have it turned into the dye I want.  maybe I also need to have a carpenter fashion a comb?  Leatherwright make a ponytail loop?  Then take all that to the NPC Cosmetic vendo and *poof*! New blonde hair with brown highlights. 

    Just thinking here.....


    This post was edited by Nightsong at March 20, 2018 6:07 AM PDT
    • 3492 posts
    March 20, 2018 6:18 AM PDT

    Nightsong said:

    Bazgrim said:

    katryn said:

    I'm of two minds on this, and I can't seem to decide which I ultimately find more important.

    On one hand, if I've been playing my character for three or four years there is nothing necessarily wrong with, say, wanting to get a hair cut, or wanting to switch my hair style from a poinytail to straight or into a braid. That kinda thing happens in real life and can be nice in a game when someone is committed long term.

    On the other hand, our characters are our avatars and represent us within the game world. If their core appearance can change drastically on a whim, it can make it harder for people to easily recognize us, which goes against the core idea of character identity value. 

    Most people will identify you by your race and your name. Neither of those things will be able to be changed easily, if at all. So having some sort of cosmetologist NPC in towns that can change your hair, etc. for a fee can only be a good thing.

    Hhhhhhmmmmm.  What about this being player-based?  Probably would not be a lot of demand for it, though.  Maybe instead of having a cosmotologist Crafters could make what a player would need to use the (NPC) cosmetic vendor?  i.e., I need to take 10 Yarrow and 5 Beets to someone with Alchemy to have it turned into the dye I want.  maybe I also need to have a carpenter fashion a comb?  Leatherwright make a ponytail loop?  Then take all that to the NPC Cosmetic vendo and *poof*! New blonde hair with brown highlights. 

    Just thinking here.....

    Thinking realistically, a cosmetologist would probably already have all that stuff so you wouldn't need to bring the supplies to them. However, I do like the idea of crafting hair dyes so you can do it yourself. Idk about in medieval times, but nowadays people dye their own hair at home all the time lol. And yes, maybe if you craft a comb, scissors, etc. you can change your hair style yourself without having to go to/pay a cosmetologist. You're right that there probably wouldn't be a large demand for that sort of thing, but it'd still be fun. Not a bad idea!

    • 33 posts
    May 6, 2018 12:06 PM PDT

    SWG had an extensive line of things you could have done cosmetically, and you were pretty locked if you didn't go to one.

    I'm not sure how much I liked that over the more traditional select facial features at creation, and that was written in stome, but hair style/color could be altered easily.