Forums » News and Announcements

Making of a City Stream!

• 9115 posts
    November 21, 2017 3:37 AM PST

Don't miss our Making of a City Twitch Stream Tuesday Nov 21 @1pm PST. http://twitch.tv/visionaryrealms  and http://twitch.tv/cohhcarnage 

• 902 posts
    November 21, 2017 3:39 AM PST

Cant wait!

• 626 posts
    November 21, 2017 5:11 AM PST

I'm there!!

• 248 posts
    November 21, 2017 5:27 AM PST

Looking forward to the stream. So exited :D

-sorte.

• 2886 posts
    November 21, 2017 5:48 AM PST

You know I'll be there with notepad and pen.

• 57 posts
    November 21, 2017 7:31 AM PST

Hrmm, how long is this one schedule for? =D

• 19 posts
    November 21, 2017 7:44 AM PST

Wish I didnt need sleep :p guess I'll watch it when I get home from work in the morning

• 2886 posts
    November 21, 2017 7:52 AM PST

Sitoryp said:

Hrmm, how long is this one schedule for? =D

From Kilsin:

"Probably another 30 mins stream my friend :)"

(Source: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/7407/see-the-making-of-thronefast-tuesday-nov-21st-on-twitch/view/page/1 ;)

This post was edited by Bazgrim at November 21, 2017 7:53 AM PST
    • 126 posts
    November 21, 2017 9:22 AM PST

Can you make it 2:30 pm PST so I can get home by 5:30 p.m. EST? :)

• 42 posts
    November 21, 2017 9:51 AM PST
    I will be there:)
    • 18 posts
    November 21, 2017 1:31 PM PST

Watching the stream now... amazed by how the look of the game is coming along. The city is beautiful already and still missing half the textures. Love the feeling of scale it gives.

The overall graphics seem to be really improving as well. Skybox looks amazing, clouds are so realistic, even the armor looked better today than in the past.

Keep up the good work guys! This is how I wish EQ looked each time I log in. No game has been able to replicate the "real world" feeling EQ gave me, but this game looks like it just may! I can't wait to join you all in the world soon enough.

~Winter

• 98 posts
    November 21, 2017 1:56 PM PST

God concept was interesting, textures are looking good.

I am curious about the choice to use gothic architectural elements and if that reflects on the aesthetics/beliefs of the culture. It does look simplified at the moment but I saw both the arches and quatrefoils during the stream, coupled with the series of linked 'squashed' circles that had pointed tops and bottoms. I am hoping to see a wide variety of architectural styles throughout the starting cities, personally :)

The city itself could use some splashes of color (those stairs up to the top totally disappeared against the wall) but I do like the current color palette. It's very peaceful-looking and everything's very clean. Although there was talk of it being a military stronghold... XD

• 28 posts
    November 21, 2017 2:06 PM PST

Maybe I missed a part of the stream but I feel the City lacks some Housing for all the people that train and work there. 

I really loved New Targonor in Vanguard because It did not only focus on the big buildings like banks, military, broker and temples but also some smaller ones whose purpose was only to house all the people that live there. 

If those houses are planned to be outside of the big walls, that would be ok too. It would actually make more sense to place them outside but there should still be some inside :)

I liked the stream a lot. Maybe do another gameplay stream next time? :)

• 3016 posts
    November 21, 2017 2:10 PM PST

This is pre-alpha work in progress,  those details will come Haskar.  Under development,  pre-alpha, then alpha then beta.    This game isn't ready for early access or sneak peeks,  whole lotta testing and feedback from testers to be done yet.    

As for my comments,  the game is looking even better than the last stream,  loved the look at the plans and how it is being put together.   Great job VR! :)

Cana

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at November 21, 2017 2:11 PM PST
    • 39 posts
    November 21, 2017 2:29 PM PST
    As mentioned in the stream this is pre alpha. We are the first game (there's a wager somewhere haha) to allow people to see any thing like this in its stage. Normally this is for devs eyes only. Let alone testing it soon. This is way better than any EQ next empty promise they had of you building a game. Instead they gonna build around us PA, A and B players and we are going to help them make it better for launch. So in a sense it's way better. It'll look nothing like that next stream anyways. Someone said that too last few mins of stream. It will come alive.
    • 18 posts
    November 21, 2017 3:27 PM PST

I agree Roenyn, I love being able to see the world as it's created. The wait is killing me, and it seems to take forever, but I'm truly grateful VR gives us so much access. I would never donate/pledge to a game that doesn't give you this behind the curtain view. Each and every stream you can see the changes, each newsletter you get an update on progress.

Thank you VR, for being so open to us during this process!

~Winter

• 50 posts
    November 21, 2017 3:42 PM PST

The stream was awesome everyone, keep up the great work the game looks amazing and seems to be in the hands of a great team.

• 1281 posts
    November 21, 2017 3:59 PM PST

I love how the grass moved differently like real grass does instead of everything moving all at once.  And how the grass bowed when he ran through it.  Th city lookwed awesome too.  No TARDIS effect.

• 11 posts
    November 21, 2017 4:04 PM PST

Great stream!  Can't wait for more.

• 56 posts
    November 21, 2017 4:08 PM PST

After every stream I feel more excited than yesterday. My childhood "excitement" motions come out of hidding and I almost wana dance. Keep going!

• 220 posts
    November 21, 2017 4:13 PM PST

You guys have quite a talented crew of Devs.  I appreciate the education, and lookforward to testing!

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    November 21, 2017 4:25 PM PST

Thanks all!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Glad you guys enjoyed it -- it was a little experimental diving that deep into the development process but we really enjoyed sharing it with all of you.

This post was edited by Aradune at November 21, 2017 4:26 PM PST
    • 12 posts
    November 21, 2017 4:37 PM PST

just got home any links to where i might watch it?

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    November 21, 2017 4:41 PM PST

Madass said:

just got home any links to where i might watch it?

Great timing as it just finished uploading.

• 12 posts
    November 21, 2017 4:42 PM PST

first time for everything TKS Aradune