Forums » The Dark Myr

Syronai’s Rest Speculation

• 7 posts
    November 18, 2017 4:35 AM PST
    So, I find myself looking at the world map often on Pantheons website, and it has me curious about this capital city for the Dark Myr. Below the giant waterfall a little ways there is what looks to be either a fallen down tower or tunnel against an outcropping of rock in the ocean. Do you think this a tunneled entrance down into a cave, Neriak like, city for them or a separate location all together? Or do you think the entrance is behind the waterfall maybe in a more Zelda 64 - Zora type entrance? Also, how many zones do you estimate Syronai’s Rest will be away from the Ogres starting city? Do you have any specific wishes for the city in general?
    • 854 posts
    December 8, 2017 8:20 PM PST

I hope that Syronai's Rest is, at least, a mostly submerged city with parts of it built inside of a cave that opens directly into the ocean. Take a page from Star Wars, a bubble type city akin to the Gungan city would be interesting..underwater yet still having sections with atmospheres.  If not of that type, then have solid structures where entrances are from below and you enter up into an atmosphere trapped in the structure.  Going from building to building would require swimming.  Other parts could be built above water within the cave, that would be where the other races interact with the Dark Myr, like the Foreign Quarter in Neriak.

I suspect that there will not be a direct route between Syronia's Rest and The Broken Maw, home of the Ogres.  Knowing at the atlas so far is only a rough estimate of the world, personall I think to travel from Syronai's Rest to Broken Maw would require you to go East, crossing into the Valley of the Watchmen, then south through a mountain zone, then probably into the forested area surrounding The Broken Maw then finally into the city itself.  I'll guess it will be 6 zones.  The first zone outside each city is naturally the newbie zone, then each will have a zone 7-15 beyond that with a zone 20-25 as the mid-point.  Think travel from Freeport to Grobb off Innothule Swamp more than a trip from Felwithe to Kaladim.  At a minimum it might be a trip like going from A'kanon to Felwithe..but that, to me, makes the world a bit too small.