Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Looks Like at Least Another Year - any Suggestions

• 303 posts
    November 26, 2017 10:17 PM PST

Perhaps try out Kings and Heroes. Its a bit of an odd beast to be honest. It seems to not exactly know what it wants to be, takes influence from old school MMOs but also from diablo and elder scrolls. That said, I find the game to be appealing mainly because it doesn't have obtrusive UI elements like most modern games and has quite a large world to walk around in and randomly meet other confused people in.

This post was edited by Spluffen at November 26, 2017 10:18 PM PST
    • 769 posts
    November 27, 2017 3:35 PM PST

If you like Action RPGs (Diablo, Path of Exile, Etc) I've just recently heard the TitansQuest is finally getting updates after years of emptiness. It was my favorite ARPG for many, many years. The fact that someone's finally bought it and put some more into it is exciting, and I believe it's even on sale on Steam. 

• 3852 posts
    November 27, 2017 7:44 PM PST

Thanks - too old and slow to do well in action RPGs I look for games that focus more on abilities and knowledge and gear than on how fast the fingers can move. 

I will take a look at Kings and Heroes and if it looks decent add it to my list of what to look at when I decide I've gotten all the characters to level-cap in LOTRO I want.

As with most of us once Pantheon becomes available even for early testing that will be the top priority (I am alpha not pre-alpha).

• 454 posts
    November 28, 2017 6:29 PM PST

I went back to EQ last year.  I was disappointed.  I tried grouping but no one was interested.  I soled through content that was made for raids years ago.  The few times I got a group, it was a very temporary thing.   It just made me sad.

• 3852 posts
    November 30, 2017 5:14 PM PST

Spluffen - I took a look at Kings and Heoes - the forum is extremely dead as in a post every few months with no patches or developer diaries for 6 months or longer. 

Do you know if the game is still active? I assume it was when you played or you wouldn't have recommended it, but maybe that was 6 months ago.

It is not a MMO it has some kind of multiplayer option for up to 6-8 people as I recall. Does that mean you need to link with other people to start a session or the world is empty of other players? As you said this seems to be an odd combination of elements. It has been a while since I played a MMO type game that wasn't really a MMO (Hellgate London) and a lot longer since I played single player games where you could go on-line to arrange a group (the old Gold Box Dungeon and Dragon games).

By edit - I did see a more current Steam forum for Kings and Heroes. Incredibly inept marketing to leave the official forum up and totally dead without even a note that anyone interested should check on Steam instead.

This post was edited by dorotea at December 2, 2017 3:34 PM PST
    • 384 posts
    December 1, 2017 7:48 AM PST

I just started Life is Feudal MMO yesterday. Never played the stand alone game. It's definitely not a game for everyone unless you like the crafting aspect and grindyness. I'm still on the newbie island figuring it all out but it's been fun so far.

Just read the part about non-pvp in your original post. PvP is a big part of LiF: MMO ah well.

This post was edited by Malsirian at December 1, 2017 7:51 AM PST
    • 3852 posts
    December 1, 2017 5:03 PM PST

I noticed that it had a lot of PvP and decided that life is futile there.

This post was edited by dorotea at December 1, 2017 5:03 PM PST
    • 80 posts
    December 4, 2017 3:59 PM PST

I think I will be getting DBG All access to get on that Agnarr POP lock progression server!

This post was edited by Makinelly at December 4, 2017 3:59 PM PST