Forums » News and Announcements

Check Your Email Address

• 219 posts
    November 30, 2017 5:24 PM PST

My God...I never thought there could be so much speculation about a date.  I mean, I lived through 01/01/2000.  Then 01/01/2001!  Then 12 Dec 12.  Then 21 Dec 12.  The damn Mayans couldn't creat this much hype with a 2,000 year running calendar predicting the end of the world and/or the alien invasion and/or the second coming!

• 166 posts
    December 18, 2017 10:39 AM PST

Props to the Devs and marketing. Even when there is "down" time between updates and Live Streams, you still have me hooked.

• 1281 posts
    December 23, 2017 7:51 AM PST

NegativeNRG said:

Props to the Devs and marketing. Even when there is "down" time between updates and Live Streams, you still have me hooked.

The down-side of all of the hype is the potential implosion if it doesn't live up to it.  Vanguard was a prime example of that.  I was one of the ones that was massively let down by it.  I specifically chose it, back in the day, because it had Brad's name tied to it.  Then Sony took over Sigil (or for Sigil, still not sure which) and screwed everything up.  It was a train wreck when it was released and never really got much better.