Forums » The Skar

Gender based classes for the Skar

• 129 posts
    October 29, 2017 10:42 AM PDT

Before the Skar became Skar, they were called the Aza'gn. They were a nomadic mercenary people that, overtime, became more slave than paid mercenary. And eventually the Fs'sok completly enslaved them.

I contend, during this period of slavery, the Fs'ok bred the Aza'gn to be stronger, bigger, more aggressive, and more violent. And due to the physical difference of the genders, the male Aza'gn became the more desired of the warriors. And they became even bigger and stronger, more aggressive and violent than thier female counterparts. Until finally the Fs'ok bred males for the sole purpose of war. And the females became an afterthought to the Fs'ok, used mainly for breeding.

During this time, the males became fierce and dedicated fighters. At the same time, the females, relicated to breeding and otherwise ignored by the Fs'ok, secretly turned inward, learning the ways of dark magic and healing.

After centuries of selective breeding, the male/female Aza'gn became as different mentally as they did physically.

At this time a Priestess of the Nine God (name unknown. motive unknown), frees the Aza'gn from slavery. She does this by obliterating the Fs'ok. Once the Aza'gn overlords were destroyed, the Aza'gn started wreaking havoc upon their world. Destroying everything in their sight. Razing cities and slaughtering entire nations. The Aza'gn, whom were already the most feared/aggressive warriors on D'shoth,  became an unstoppable force when the females joined the battle with there secretly learned knowledge of the dark magics and healing.

To prevent the complete destruction of D'shoth, the Nine God intervened. By punishment, the Nine God imprisoned the Priestess, shackling her for 1200 years. At the same time Nine God removed the ability of reproduction from the Aza'gn, and cursed them with the outward growth of bones and spikes. From henceforth the Aza'gn are known as the Skar. And to punish the priestess even more, Nine God made her the only means of reproduction for the Skar. She became the Queen/Mother, spending her 1200 years of imprisonment as a baby factory.

During this period of 1200 years, the Skar became evultionarily static. No swapping of genetic material since the Queen/Mother produced all. So the males remained larger and more aggressive, and the females remained smaller and more intellectual. Though there was some transfer of knowledge, the overall traits of the genders remained isolated from each other.

And so for 1200 years the Skar became refined and defined in the roles they were to play in there society.  Males would become the most vicious of fighters, by weapon and hand alike. And some male Skar would be taught the dark magic to be used hand in hand with there fighting abilities.  All the while the females were learning more and more of the dark magic, as well as refinining there healing skills used so often to mend there wounded male counterparts. But yet other females took to the blade. Using their smaller stature to its advantage, they became skilled in lurking in the shadows and striking at an unsuspecting enemy when its attention was focused on the savage male skar.

And so, Skar Classes, based on gender.

Male= Warrior, Monk, Direlord

Female= Shaman, Necromancer, Rogue.

• 34 posts
    October 29, 2017 12:49 PM PDT

Oh damn I didn't catch that, I would be depressed if that is the case. I just can't roleplay a female, even if it is just a game.

• 129 posts
    October 29, 2017 12:58 PM PDT

Theres nothing to catch.  This is all just my imaginings

• 235 posts
    October 31, 2017 10:39 PM PDT

I was under the impression that the females could not reproduce. Dont know why I thought that specifically, maybe another level of her punishment was being forced into permanent mating with multiple parteners? I do however see where the lore does mention "inert genders" so you maybe onto something here.   

Instead of reproducing asexually, perhaps, like an ant colony, the queen would have multiple kings, and genetics could drift based on what kings survived the longest. 

However from the FAQ:

4.5.2 Will classes be gender locked?

No gender locking. we don't see the need or advantage.

• 129 posts
    November 1, 2017 6:08 AM PDT

Damn that pesky FAQ