Forums » The Rogue

Rogue utility

• 4 posts
    October 28, 2017 7:47 AM PDT

I've always been a fan of scouts that do a little more than just DPS. I personally would like to see maybe a garotte or throat slice abilty that would silence casters (only useable from behind). A mitigation debuff would be clutch. What would you guys like to see, a rogue expanded with some utilty style abilties, or the classic dps class where the only real utility is for corpse runs and making stuff dead?

• 243 posts
    October 28, 2017 8:31 AM PDT

Use of blackjack from behind to stun or otherwise temporarily render a mob unconscious/mezzed.

More trap disarms.

More lock picking.

More general sneaking to open doors, press levers or other dungeon mechanisms.

Sneaking should be tied to the brightness of the area.  Sneak at night outdoors or in a dark dank dungeon - easy.   Sneak in broad daylight in an open field, nearly impossible unless augmented by a caster's invis or some other item.

• 4 posts
    October 28, 2017 8:44 AM PDT

Well we already have a mez with smoke and mirrors, but I actually like the blackjack idea better, its much more limited and we would step on chanters toes less if our cc was from behind or stealth only.

As for more traps and pick locks. I'd love to see a lot of that stuff.

Your stealth idea is cool especially if you add the distract ability from wow.  I have to give credit where credit is due wow had some awesome class abilities. 

• 13 posts
    November 5, 2017 4:47 PM PST

I would like to see darts (poison, sleep), stealth, flash powder for disruption (confound for few seconds), alchemy concoctions, poisons (poison crafting), blackjack (mez/stun), lock picking & traps, evac. So basically similar to what we had in VG!

This post was edited by Veltan at November 5, 2017 4:51 PM PST
    • 24 posts
    December 6, 2017 8:25 AM PST

I'm in the camp of more out of combat utility.  Opening locks, disarming traps, that sort of thing.  Also would like something to maybe give them a little something extra to the Perception feature; like where even if their stat (or whatever) would not norally trigger the Perception key, a Rogue has a X% chance of triggering it.  Maybe some type of Escape power that can be used to shake aggro briefly.