Forums » News and Announcements

It's Time To Spill The Beans...Hype!!

• 44 posts
    October 21, 2017 8:22 PM PDT

Awesome!  Can't wait to get in there and help the team out!

This post was edited by Brunt at October 21, 2017 8:23 PM PDT
    • 15 posts
    October 21, 2017 9:07 PM PDT

R-A-D-B

4 letters,

Brad is there, so it also means BARD confirmed

• 2138 posts
    October 21, 2017 9:13 PM PDT

looking at it again, Brad mentioned  there would be different rule-set servers, so there may  be some PvP and maybe some TLC/no drop. :)

• 1120 posts
    October 21, 2017 9:59 PM PDT

Yea,  he defintely spoke of PvP servers and different rulesets within PvP.   I doubt we would see another FV style server though. 

• 644 posts
    October 22, 2017 6:29 AM PDT

Porygon said:

...I doubt we would see another FV style server though. 

I hadn't given that thought but why do you think there will NOT be an FV-type server?

• 1120 posts
    October 22, 2017 10:28 AM PDT

fazool said:

Porygon said:

...I doubt we would see another FV style server though. 

I hadn't given that thought but why do you think there will NOT be an FV-type server?

It creates a huge RMT market, even more so than on a regular server.   It's a great concept,  but the evil in the world ruins it.

• 1 posts
    October 22, 2017 11:08 AM PDT

Would love to see an FV style server.

• 3016 posts
    October 22, 2017 11:52 AM PDT

Well my prediction before that live Dev talk..was December 15th,  so I am going to go with that.  :)  And just before the holidays,  true holiday season is the Xmas season..far as Canadian thanksgiving goes,  we've already had that..earlier in October. :)  So American Thanksgiving next up in November.   And btw I ALWAYS consider Hallowe'en my own personal holiday..because its also my B Day,  and that happens before ANY of this.  *grin*

Cana

• 3016 posts
    October 22, 2017 11:55 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Vaad said:

Insomnium said:

Jaynes said: Awesome, curious what the announcement will be! I’m guessing there is more to ‘beans’ than funding, hoping there is anyways

They are going to go up on stage literally with a can of beans and spill them on the ground. Then walk off

hahahahahahhahahah. I can see Kilsin doing that for some reason...

Shhh, we both know I would but I have to act cool like I wouldn't, otherwise they will never let me come to anything! haha :D

Hmmm I think we ought to have some sort of beans easter egg hunt ingame to commemorate the massive excitement on the forums and Discord,  once we all were told the good news about Pre-Alpha. lol

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at October 22, 2017 11:56 AM PDT
    • 17 posts
    October 22, 2017 2:40 PM PDT

Awesome!!! Lets make MMOs Great Again!

• 470 posts
    October 22, 2017 3:29 PM PDT

Technyze said:

You're crossing the streams, man. That's the Ashes of Creation slogan. We have to make up a better one.

• 17 posts
    October 22, 2017 5:25 PM PDT

Kratuk said:

Technyze said:

You're crossing the streams, man. That's the Ashes of Creation slogan. We have to make up a better one.

Oh lol. I had no idea. Theres only one MMO in my eye right now ;). Was just suppose to be a light hearted Trump joke. Lets make MMOs Challenging and Social Again!?

• 1095 posts
    October 22, 2017 5:27 PM PDT

December 4th. 0900 PST

This post was edited by Aich at October 22, 2017 5:34 PM PDT
    • 107 posts
    October 22, 2017 6:50 PM PDT

So when does everyone think unworthy Alpha access scrub peasants like me will get our turn? After like 3 months of pre-Alpha maybe? Will anyone be allowed to post videos of any kind about it when pre-Alpha drops? I'm assuming no and it will have a non-disclose but would that apply to even talking about it in videos but not showing any gameplay footage?

• VR Staff
    • 31 posts
    October 22, 2017 7:39 PM PDT

zendrel said:

So when does everyone think unworthy Alpha access scrub peasants like me will get our turn? After like 3 months of pre-Alpha maybe?

There's only one answer to this: "When it's ready."

Will anyone be allowed to post videos of any kind about it when pre-Alpha drops? I'm assuming no and it will have a non-disclose but would that apply to even talking about it in videos but not showing any gameplay footage?

If "anyone" means VR, then yes.  :-p

Pre-Alpha testing will take place under strict NDA which applies to talking/posting about it in videos or any other medium.

• VR Staff
    • 31 posts
    October 22, 2017 7:40 PM PDT

Zeem said:

December 4th. 0900 PST

I can definitely verify that, whatever the date, the time won't be 0900 PST!

This post was edited by Kuripan at October 22, 2017 7:41 PM PDT
    • 470 posts
    October 23, 2017 9:37 AM PDT

Technyze said:

Kratuk said:

Technyze said:

Oh lol. I had no idea. Theres only one MMO in my eye right now ;). Was just suppose to be a light hearted Trump joke. Lets make MMOs Challenging and Social Again!?

Yeah I gotcha. This one is on my top hopefuls atm as well. The AoC team made some funny little hats that had a look that would have went great with that joke. You should look up an image of the hats for a good chuckle.

Kuripan said:

zendrel said:

So when does everyone think unworthy Alpha access scrub peasants like me will get our turn? After like 3 months of pre-Alpha maybe?

There's only one answer to this: "When it's ready."

Will anyone be allowed to post videos of any kind about it when pre-Alpha drops? I'm assuming no and it will have a non-disclose but would that apply to even talking about it in videos but not showing any gameplay footage?

If "anyone" means VR, then yes.  :-p

Pre-Alpha testing will take place under strict NDA which applies to talking/posting about it in videos or any other medium.

That's silly talk Kuripan. Alpha in and of itself is the state of not ready. :p

Also, I don't envy the task you guys are going to have with the folks that tend to blatantly ignore NDAs these days and go right to the streams. We may have to combat them by appeasing the gods with the sacraficial Kilsin.

This post was edited by Kratuk at October 23, 2017 9:38 AM PDT
    • 2886 posts
    October 23, 2017 10:47 AM PDT

CanadinaXegony said:

Laeril said:

Nice. Can we get some names of some of the people that we see in the photos?

It's nice to be able to match up names and faces.

Brad,  Sierra and the guy on the right at the computer is Montreseur I believe. :) (world builder)

Cana

That's actually Corey "Ceythos" LeFever, Senior Game Designer and Crafting Lead, on the right in the top picture.

And in the bottom picture, the gentleman in the glasses all the way to the right is Jason "Medawky" Bolton, Associate Community & Web Manager.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at October 23, 2017 10:48 AM PDT
    • 1120 posts
    October 23, 2017 12:18 PM PDT

Bazgrim said:

CanadinaXegony said:

Laeril said:

Nice. Can we get some names of some of the people that we see in the photos?

It's nice to be able to match up names and faces.

Brad,  Sierra and the guy on the right at the computer is Montreseur I believe. :) (world builder)

Cana

That's actually Corey "Ceythos" LeFever, Senior Game Designer and Crafting Lead, on the right in the top picture.

And in the bottom picture, the gentleman in the glasses all the way to the right is Jason "Medawky" Bolton, Associate Community & Web Manager.

Bazgrim to the rescue.

• 56 posts
    October 23, 2017 5:04 PM PDT

wow! Awsome news. Can't wait! 

• 194 posts
    October 24, 2017 12:25 AM PDT

I'm very excited to see Pantheon heading to pre-alpha testing.  Gratz VR on all your hard work, it's really showed in the recent streams.  Speaking of streams, any chance we'll get to see one during PA1 with testers running around creating havoc?  (someone besides Kils needs to get some trains in)

• 66 posts
    October 24, 2017 3:20 AM PDT

Will i have to lock my room and keep my brother out? He is just as excited as i am for this game so it would be totally fun keeping the info away from him

• 1120 posts
    October 24, 2017 4:35 AM PDT

Furty said:

Will i have to lock my room and keep my brother out? He is just as excited as i am for this game so it would be totally fun keeping the info away from him

It sounds to me like you already have the answer you want!

• 1281 posts
    October 24, 2017 7:58 AM PDT

Asya said:

R-A-D-B

4 letters,

Brad is there, so it also means BARD confirmed

Borderline Half-Life 3 logic there.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at October 24, 2017 7:59 AM PDT
    • 3016 posts
    October 24, 2017 9:14 AM PDT

Furty said:

LOL well you'll be under NDA so that means no leaks ..etc while testing.   hehehe tell your brother to pledge (assuming he's old enough)  siblings ..gotta love it.   Brings back memories of me and my brother. :)

Cana