Forums » News and Announcements

It's Time To Spill The Beans...Hype!!

• 9115 posts
    October 21, 2017 4:29 AM PDT

Vaad said:

Insomnium said:

Jaynes said: Awesome, curious what the announcement will be! I’m guessing there is more to ‘beans’ than funding, hoping there is anyways

They are going to go up on stage literally with a can of beans and spill them on the ground. Then walk off

hahahahahahhahahah. I can see Kilsin doing that for some reason...

Shhh, we both know I would but I have to act cool like I wouldn't, otherwise they will never let me come to anything! haha :D

• 91 posts
    October 21, 2017 4:39 AM PDT

"You spill your beer while bringing in your line."

• 31 posts
    October 21, 2017 6:36 AM PDT
    A special announcement? This sounds pretty big. I really can't wait, glad there's college football today.
    • 2138 posts
    October 21, 2017 6:41 AM PDT

If they spill beans- like a display pyramid of canned beans in a supermarket that topples over- I am READY to start shopping for a new gaming PC that I can hook up to my big screenTV (some call it a shuttle-box).

I like Sierra's green hair :)

• 267 posts
    October 21, 2017 7:15 AM PDT

Hype huh? Ok, let my pose this hypothetical scenario.

Pre-Alpha announced to start November 1st and (seeing as I've seen nothing on an NDA yet) they will announce that they won't use NDA's for Pre-Alpha, Alpha or Beta phases so Stream away!

(I know its a pipe dream but I can dream right?)

• 1404 posts
    October 21, 2017 7:18 AM PDT

Naa, not a series B funding announcement, to go to an event like this and annouce "we have enough money" would be counter productive. You "announce" at an event like Twitchcon to add hype and increase funding not slow it.

And they used the word "announcement" not "reveal" so its not the Bard, sorry Bard lovers.

• 1404 posts
    October 21, 2017 7:23 AM PDT

Insomnium said:

Atlas said:

While a pre-alpha announcement would be amazing, I’m not that optimistic. The keyword here is “B”eans.

My guess is they’ve completed series “B” funding, and the dream gets to live another day. Woot!!

Maybe it's the eans part. EARLY ACCESS NOVEMBER START!!!!

There will be NO early access!

• 3852 posts
    October 21, 2017 7:33 AM PDT

You all are far too optimistic. What they will announce is both accurate and timely, but it is something we here all already know.

Winter is coming.

• 1120 posts
    October 21, 2017 8:15 AM PDT

Bards!   It's going to be bards!

• 107 posts
    October 21, 2017 8:20 AM PDT

They are going to pull a Daybreak. First they will tell you the game is almost done, then tell you it is not as fun as they thought it would be and announce that it is shutting down. Thank you for your donations and thank you for your support... =P

• 557 posts
    October 21, 2017 9:19 AM PDT

Last stream they said "We're getting everything ready for Pre-Alpha-1.  We hope to have that going VERY soon."

Since they have been so meticulous in not making any sort of statement like that which would build up false expectations, my money is on pre-alpha.

The fact that they called it "Pre-Alpha-1" I think is encouraging.  I'm hoping we'll see a few short pre-alpha iterations and then an extended alpha period.

• 416 posts
    October 21, 2017 9:42 AM PDT

What anticipation, I will be watching this stream for sure!

• 220 posts
    October 21, 2017 10:52 AM PDT
    Hi, I'm from the future.
    1. New forums
    2. PA1 discussed
    3. Justin has published a 6,000 page encyclopedia called "Tidbits of Terminus" that details every known anything about everything. 1 copy available to the highest bidder.

That is all you need to know.
    • 3016 posts
    October 21, 2017 10:54 AM PDT

Ohhh its gotta be PA..spilling the beans..hype...what else could it be?!?!?!   hehe

Cana

• VR Staff
    • 31 posts
    October 21, 2017 11:01 AM PDT

Manouk said:

Been hanging out with Sierra the past couple days.  I'd call it more blue than green. Green could be next?

• 1120 posts
    October 21, 2017 11:39 AM PDT

Kuripan said:

Manouk said:

Been hanging out with Sierra the past couple days.  I'd call it more blue than green. Green could be next?

I was gonna say, I thought it was more blue, but I didn't want to correct someone and be wrong!

• 557 posts
    October 21, 2017 11:50 AM PDT

Bunch of us are in the channel early.   Come hang out !

• 6 posts
    October 21, 2017 12:03 PM PDT

I do believe it will be Pre-alpha accounts being able to log into the game world very soon.

• 10 posts
    October 21, 2017 2:26 PM PDT

Hope Pre is very short. I can't spent the big bucks on this...

• 10 posts
    October 21, 2017 2:54 PM PDT

"Pre-alpha starting by the holidays." Woohoo!

• 248 posts
    October 21, 2017 2:54 PM PDT

Yay! :D

-sorte.

• 1860 posts
    October 21, 2017 2:56 PM PDT

All the hype wasn't for nothing...

• 2138 posts
    October 21, 2017 2:56 PM PDT

HAHAHA! Now.... we can pester the Pre_Alpha people for Beanz! provided they can within the limits of the NDA during the Holidays

Holidays could also mean Thanksgiving

YAY!

• 17 posts
    October 21, 2017 2:59 PM PDT

Sounds like fun for the Holidays from what I heard. When we get the NDA email, it will be real. Looking forward to breaking stuff so we can get this right in the testing phase.

• 1120 posts
    October 21, 2017 2:59 PM PDT

Damn no bards!