Forums » News and Announcements

Get October's Newsletter while it's hot!!!

• 2886 posts
    October 16, 2017 11:20 AM PDT

philo said:

Bazgrim said:

philo said:

Porygon said:

Akailo said:

To agree with other people you guys at VR are making it hard to choose a race. i was already torn between ogre/skar/archai now i have to add halfling to that.

you guys just want me to make 100 alts dont you?

As someone who has never made alts, and always been primarily a 1 character person, my decision is even more difficult!

You're in luck.  The progeny system will allow you to play multiple races on your main character.

I just need to point out that this is actually not true. Kilsin said "the basic Progeny principle is to just create a child/level 1 character of your max levelled character's race" (Source: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2870/progeny-system/view/page/2 ;)

Can you please copy and paste the quote Baz?  The link doesn't work for me.

You really will be limited to the race of the character of your previous play through?  That is news.  I hadn't heard that.

Yup. Sure. Posted July 13, 2017 1:55 AM EDT

Kilsin said:

oneADseven said:

I have seen a lot of people that are under the impression that we might see new class/race combinations unlocked through progeny.  Do we know if that's actually on the table?

There hasn't been anything said in this regard, the basic Progeny principle is to just create a child/level 1 character of your max levelled character's race that you are about to retire permanently. I have heard a few community members show interest in mixing races and that is something we can discuss later when Progeny is ready to tested but for now, it is just a copy of your character's race.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at October 16, 2017 11:44 AM PDT
    • 1860 posts
    October 16, 2017 11:45 AM PDT

Thanks for that Baz.  Being required to be the max level characters race seems very restricting.  They seem to really want to stick by the progeny narrative of being the other characters offspring.  I feel that is unnecessary.  The 2 other games I've played with a similar system didn't have those type of narrative restrictions.  It is what it is for now I guess. Hopefully that thought process will change when it is evaluated in the future.

This post was edited by philo at October 16, 2017 11:47 AM PDT
    • 557 posts
    October 16, 2017 12:32 PM PDT

I'm starting to really hate the VR team.   I know that I'm not going to have a life after Pantheon launches.  It is going to be impossible to choose just one race or even to decide which to create first. 

Don't think the new gnomes are gnomes at all, but I'm going to be playing one.

Love the divergence from Tolkien's hobbits and definitely going to running a halfling.

New ogres are amazing, going to need one of those.

Been in love with the Archai since very early concept art was released.  Definitely going that way.

I think the only race I may be able to eliminate from my stable of alts will be human.

• 1120 posts
    October 16, 2017 4:16 PM PDT

Celandor said:

I'm starting to really hate the VR team.   I know that I'm not going to have a life after Pantheon launches.  It is going to be impossible to choose just one race or even to decide which to create first. 

Don't think the new gnomes are gnomes at all, but I'm going to be playing one.

Love the divergence from Tolkien's hobbits and definitely going to running a halfling.

New ogres are amazing, going to need one of those.

Been in love with the Archai since very early concept art was released.  Definitely going that way.

I think the only race I may be able to eliminate from my stable of alts will be human.

This is one of the biggest reasons I have never played alts.  I made that decision long ago and have stuck by it sense!

• 98 posts
    October 17, 2017 2:58 AM PDT

CanadinaXegony said:

Jazznblues said:

Now I need the Bard class......a Halfling Bard will have so many tales to tell (or tails to pull).

Don't be pulling my Dark Myr's tail..don't care how cute your halfling is :D

Cana

It's not a choice I have, sorry. It's part of being a Halfling.

"What does this lever do?" "Ohhhh, a button!" "Open it. It won't be that b.." "Someone could trip over this wire, let me cut it."

So I cannot promise that any tail will be safe.

• 98 posts
    October 17, 2017 3:17 AM PDT

Have been thinking of the progeny system. Parts I really don't like is the permanent retiring of a toon. Using WoW as an example, I have 11 max level toons, 4 of which I raid with (and I mean raid, not LFR). To in effect delete a toon to make a new one seems diametric to the MMORPG idea, in my opinion at least.

Having to make a new toon of the same race superficially makes sense. How about though, if your main toon you retire to make a progeny is at max rep with your progeny race choice.  It makes sense that they would need the rep to meet someone of the other race.  Perversely I want a halfling to be my Ogre's mum or dad, that would hugely open role play opportunities.

Probably I need to think more about the repercussions, food for thought.

Have a good one! (This was written on my phone, on the bus. Sorry for any grammar/spelling mistakes).

• 48 posts
    October 17, 2017 4:29 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Check out this month's newsletter and let us know what you think about the Halflings!

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2017_october_intro/

So Ryzom's Tryker/Zorai meets Lost Boys, eh? I like it!

But I am very curious now, can anyone on design team remember making the Ryzom connection/association? I ask because it is a wonderful twist but I find it difficult to grok that no one in the room was thinking about Ryzom, Sap, and a blend of Tryker/Zorai here. (Genuinely curious, not trying to be negative, but it looks so much like that that I'm seriously wondering how no one "in the room" had anything Ryzom on their minds.)

Example:

The Tryker Race in Ryzom - 

General overview: https://en.wiki.ryzom.com/wiki/Tryker

The Zorai race in Ryzom - 

General overview: https://en.wiki.ryzom.com/wiki/Zoraï

Mind you, "Atys" (Ryzom origin world) is a place where "sap" is used in a myriad of ways - each of the races had a method/way to extract, refine, and make use of it. 

• 294 posts
    October 28, 2017 11:10 AM PDT

Glad for the newsletter as always.

Enjoyed the extensive read about the Halfling, which to me seems to be a Half-elf/Wild-elf/Hobbit cross.

• 56 posts
    October 28, 2017 5:20 PM PDT

I really enjoyed the artwork for the October newsletter. The excitement continues to build. Oh boy oh boy oh boy

• 1281 posts
    October 29, 2017 8:17 PM PDT

Ator said:

I really enjoyed the artwork for the October newsletter. The excitement continues to build. Oh boy oh boy oh boy

Not sure if this was posted but I believe at Twitchcon they had a poster up of what looks to be a Human that has gone through the same treatment as the Halfling. Hope to see that in the November newsletter.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at October 29, 2017 8:17 PM PDT
    • 399 posts
    October 29, 2017 8:28 PM PDT

Yes there were images of the Human Male and Female. Looked pretty good!

• 3016 posts
    October 29, 2017 10:13 PM PDT

Random1 said:

Kilsin said:

Check out this month's newsletter and let us know what you think about the Halflings!

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2017_october_intro/

So Ryzom's Tryker/Zorai meets Lost Boys, eh? I like it!

But I am very curious now, can anyone on design team remember making the Ryzom connection/association? I ask because it is a wonderful twist but I find it difficult to grok that no one in the room was thinking about Ryzom, Sap, and a blend of Tryker/Zorai here. (Genuinely curious, not trying to be negative, but it looks so much like that that I'm seriously wondering how no one "in the room" had anything Ryzom on their minds.)

Example:

The Tryker Race in Ryzom - 

General overview: https://en.wiki.ryzom.com/wiki/Tryker

The Zorai race in Ryzom - 

General overview: https://en.wiki.ryzom.com/wiki/Zoraï

Mind you, "Atys" (Ryzom origin world) is a place where "sap" is used in a myriad of ways - each of the races had a method/way to extract, refine, and make use of it. 

Played that game (French/European)  back when it came out..was Saga of Ryzom in those days,  had some unique features. :) Migrating herds of mobs, seasons where certain harvests only happened during a particular season,  outposts,  could build your own spells/skills.  Had spring, fall, summer, winter seasons, each one only lasted about 4 days if I remember correctly. :)   Played that before Wow came out.

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at October 29, 2017 10:15 PM PDT