Forums » Introduce Yourself

Long time, long winded MMO fan!

• 7 posts
    October 8, 2017 7:42 AM PDT

Hey, all!

I've not posted yet as I only just five minutes ago pledged, but I'm really looking forward to seeing Terminus. The world looks amazing, and I can't wait to see what they plan on doing with the classes! I hope that, whatever it is, it's as unique and innovative as Vanguard.

I usually go by the name of Wizen Trygg (or just plain Wizen) in online games. It's a pronunciation of my initials, so it's as close to my name as a lot of you will be getting. ;)

I've been here and there in MMOs ever since I fell in love with the genre in Everquest's SoL / PoP expansions. Huge worlds, epic quests, good friends, and shiny swords are all what makes MMOs special to me. After Everquest I flitted here and there, through EverQuest 2 and World of Warcraft and Tabula Rasa and Hellgate: London and Vanguard: Saga of Heroes. There are others, but those are the highlights in my mind.

I've been enamoured with Pantheon ever since they released the race and class descriptions lo so many years ago. I'm a little surprised that they kept the image for elf the way that is, as I feel like it's not the best picture, but what do I know? I'm not a designer of this game. I'm just one more fool that parted with his money to bring back a polished piece of nostaligia. Hopefully I'm not too much of a fool and this game turns out to be everything I hope it will be.

Right now I'm playing FFXIV, and am greatly anticipating the FFT based 24-man content that's coming on Tuesday. I've already outgeared it in the savage raid targets, but I'm burned out on main tanking and want to have some fun as a ninja. Perhaps I'll find another raid group. Perhaps I'll put that game down and play this one instead. Probably not, though, as my brother just got into the game, and he needs help levelling up. But I digress. :)

I hope to re-found a guild from Vanguard in Pantheon, Ex Umbris, formerly of the Woefeather server. If there are any shadow walkers reading this, shoot me a message!

Hm, what else? I like coffee. I like retro Final Fantasies. I'm playing through 5 now with my classes randomly chosen. I'm approaching the water tower right now, so my party build isn't at its optimal state, but I have a thief and three blue mages. Once I have my party together, it'll be Thief, Blue Mage, Dragoon, Samurai. If I can get White Wind on the blue mage, I'll be set, but without White Wind (no !Control allowed! 4 Job Fiesta rules!), it'll be difficult.

ANYWAY. I hope to see you all in game, in friendly and good spirited circumstances. Here's to a grand time in Terminus!

-W

This post was edited by wizen at October 8, 2017 7:42 AM PDT
    • 769 posts
    October 8, 2017 7:49 AM PDT

Welcome  :)

• 87 posts
    October 8, 2017 8:56 AM PDT

Welcome!

• 153 posts
    October 8, 2017 10:43 AM PDT

Welcome!  I am totally looking forward to Rabanastre too :)

• 683 posts
    October 8, 2017 12:23 PM PDT

Welcome :) Good to have you with us Wizen :)

• 153 posts
    October 8, 2017 1:08 PM PDT

Welcome Wizen!

-sorte.

• 7234 posts
    October 8, 2017 4:38 PM PDT

Hello and welcome Wizen, great to have you here with us :)

• 1434 posts
    October 9, 2017 4:15 AM PDT

Welcome ! :) 

• 2395 posts
    October 9, 2017 5:50 AM PDT

Welcome!

• 167 posts
    October 10, 2017 4:03 PM PDT

Hi Wizen and welcome to the forums :)

This post was edited by Aatu at October 10, 2017 4:03 PM PDT
    • 2179 posts
    October 13, 2017 1:10 PM PDT

Wow had forgotten about Tabula Rasa and Hellgate: London played both for a short while,  my list of games is so long, like I said I've forgotten some of them.    Hail and Welcome to the Pantheon Family Wizen. :)

Cana

• 5 posts
    October 13, 2017 1:31 PM PDT

wizen said:

Hm, what else? I like coffee. I like retro Final Fantasies. I'm playing through 5 now with my classes randomly chosen. I'm approaching the water tower right now, so my party build isn't at its optimal state, but I have a thief and three blue mages. Once I have my party together, it'll be Thief, Blue Mage, Dragoon, Samurai. If I can get White Wind on the blue mage, I'll be set, but without White Wind (no !Control allowed! 4 Job Fiesta rules!), it'll be difficult.

I did the exact same thing in FF5 LOL.  Well, I randomly choose in games a lot more often than I should...

This post was edited by Ludek at October 13, 2017 1:31 PM PDT
    • 3 posts
    October 13, 2017 9:06 PM PDT

Welcome!