Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

For all you Twitch / YouTube / whatever streamers

• 1468 posts
    October 7, 2017 12:53 PM PDT

I just bought a rather awesome piece of kit to help me when I am live streaming games. It is called the Elgato Stream Deck and after spending 30 minutes setting it up and can say it is absolutely amazing.

It has 15 buttons on the front but you can nest folders so you basically have unlimited buttons and you can change each button icon to whatever you like. It works especially well if you Xsplit Broadcaster but it does support the latest version of OBS Studio as well.

No more having to click around on multiple monitors when all you are trying to do is change the scene or mute your microphone.

• 563 posts
    October 7, 2017 4:38 PM PDT

I thought this sounded familiar, I saw a review of it by a great youtuber :)

Elgato Stream Deck

• 2886 posts
    October 9, 2017 5:57 AM PDT

I have heard of that, but didn't wanna spend $150+ on something I didn't know if I really needed. I just have lots of monitors and hotkeys so it's not too bad, but glad to hear the deck is worthwhile. I may pick one up eventually.

• 201 posts
    October 9, 2017 7:18 AM PDT

It's very nice but not worth the money.  For anyone who wants a ok alternative to this.  As Bazgrim said, setup some hotkeys, and google rocco app for ios or android.  Basically the same idea, just on a tablet.