Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

More Screenshot Goodness w/ New Lighting and Shaders

• 9115 posts
    October 5, 2017 3:57 AM PDT

Here are a couple more screenshots to show off the new lighting and shaders, enjoy! #PRF #Communitymatters #TwitchCon2017

Image may contain: tree, plant, sky, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: 1 person, standing

• 248 posts
    October 5, 2017 4:33 AM PDT

There be dragons! 

At least a tiny one xD

Really like the gnome look and that purple tree is gorgeous!

-sorte.

• 2130 posts
    October 5, 2017 4:41 AM PDT

Environment is great, character models are better. Can't wait to see some NPC models as well as some more PC.

• 9115 posts
    October 5, 2017 5:15 AM PDT

Sorte said:

There be dragons! 

At least a tiny one xD

Really like the gnome look and that purple tree is gorgeous!

-sorte.

Haha, mini dragons is the best I can do right now ;)

• 9115 posts
    October 5, 2017 5:15 AM PDT

Liav said:

Environment is great, character models are better. Can't wait to see some NPC models as well as some more PC.

That Gnome is an NPC, man ;)

• 2130 posts
    October 5, 2017 5:16 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Liav said:

That Gnome is an NPC, man ;)

I guess I should've specified non-playable races/models. Messed up my terminology.

I want to see what some of the things we'll be fighting will look like. Orcs, dragons, skeletons, goblins, zombies, something more unique, etc. Don't get me wrong though, the Gnome models in this game are very unique and cool.

This post was edited by Liav at October 5, 2017 5:21 AM PDT
    • 221 posts
    October 5, 2017 5:18 AM PDT

Gnome with some serious pop! 

• 278 posts
    October 5, 2017 5:30 AM PDT

Great Pics 

Followup question 

Pic1 can we climb the rocks in the background ?

Pic 2 Can we dye the colored parts on our own chars like the one's we see in the NPC in pic 2 ?

• 2886 posts
    October 5, 2017 6:09 AM PDT

Hmm I can't help but wonder what that stone dragon statue is for. I like it.

And also damn... ToRM looks even better than it did before. And that's saying something. It's like a whole new game now.

• 142 posts
    October 5, 2017 6:27 AM PDT

I wanna climb my Ogre Druid to the top of those rocks and do a nice big ogre cannonball into the pond.

• 626 posts
    October 5, 2017 7:00 AM PDT

Wow, just wow. The colors on the Gnome and Tree are insane, and I'm with other in I want to find out what that Stone Dragon is about... What level does my Perception need to be at to discover the clues at the dragon?

• 624 posts
    October 5, 2017 7:04 AM PDT

I don't know about "speaking softly", but that gnome sure has the "and carry a big stick" part down.

I see a Kilsin Kontest in the first shot - try to get enough momentum before leaping from the Thronefast tower to clear the rocks and make a splash landing in the lake.  The geometry doesn't look promising, but the trail of bodies strewn about would make for an interesting physics experiment.  Perhaps closest to the pond wins, even if splattered.

Thanks for sharing.

• 1785 posts
    October 5, 2017 9:04 AM PDT

Ok, I want that dragon statue for my RL yard :)

These are looking really great!  I love the color contrast with the new lighting.

• 523 posts
    October 5, 2017 9:12 AM PDT

Looks good Kilsin.  Pretty thrilled with what the graphics team has been working on for the last few months.  When do we get an update on what the "other" teams have been accomplishing in that same time period?  Any new races, classes, spell effects, zones, dungeons, starting cities, quest lines, raids, or the like in the pipeline for show and tell soon?

• 20 posts
    October 5, 2017 9:19 AM PDT

Looking good! I have to admit I'm ready to see some screenshots of other areas though, what about some more of that gloomy obelisk place maybe? pretty please? :P

• 7 posts
    October 5, 2017 10:07 AM PDT

I can't wait to get in

• 2138 posts
    October 5, 2017 11:38 AM PDT

I really like the rocks. You shoud give an award for Rock textures.

• 454 posts
    October 5, 2017 1:28 PM PDT

Does the gnome make anyone else think of Teddy Roosevelt's "Speak softly and carry a big stick"?  That's a big stick!

• 316 posts
    October 5, 2017 3:50 PM PDT

Agreed with Manouk - those rock textures are radical. Not to even mention the lighting/shading. Game looks gorgeous!

And so happy with the reimagining of the Gnomes!

This post was edited by Alexander at October 5, 2017 3:50 PM PDT
    • 37 posts
    October 5, 2017 5:44 PM PDT

Damn, I love gnomes in this game.  I just wish I could be a bard!

• 1281 posts
    October 6, 2017 5:54 PM PDT

Hey Kilsin.  Any way you guys could update the Media page with more 4k pictures?  I'm running 2 27" 4k monitors and need some new, butchin, wallpaper.  I'm tired of looking at the Windows stuff....hehehe

This post was edited by Kalok at October 6, 2017 5:55 PM PDT
    • 67 posts
    October 6, 2017 9:24 PM PDT

Have to be getting close to Pre Alpha now :D Can't wait

• 9115 posts
    October 7, 2017 4:07 AM PDT

Grizzly said:

Great Pics 

Followup question 

Pic1 can we climb the rocks in the background ?

Pic 2 Can we dye the colored parts on our own chars like the one's we see in the NPC in pic 2 ?

You can jump up on them in parts but not climb like you saw in Amberfaet in one of our earlier streams.

Not at this stage, I am not sure what the devs have planned for that aspect of characters appearance.

• 9115 posts
    October 7, 2017 4:08 AM PDT

Saicred said:

Wow, just wow. The colors on the Gnome and Tree are insane, and I'm with other in I want to find out what that Stone Dragon is about... What level does my Perception need to be at to discover the clues at the dragon?

He is actually part of a quest so I can't give any more info away about him, you will have to explore and find out for yourselves in testing ;)

• 9115 posts
    October 7, 2017 4:09 AM PDT

Kumu said:

I don't know about "speaking softly", but that gnome sure has the "and carry a big stick" part down.

I see a Kilsin Kontest in the first shot - try to get enough momentum before leaping from the Thronefast tower to clear the rocks and make a splash landing in the lake.  The geometry doesn't look promising, but the trail of bodies strewn about would make for an interesting physics experiment.  Perhaps closest to the pond wins, even if splattered.

Thanks for sharing.

Haha, I would have no chance, it is a long jump!