Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

This topic has been closed.
    • 16 posts
    September 26, 2017 3:14 PM PDT

I would like pets in the game do something.

I hate when finale get a pet and it is doing nothing, a dog in the game should help me.

There is just no way my dog or wolf would stand there and do nothing while I am being killed.

I do not care even if they do 1% of dps or less.

How nice it would be if some pet could heal, nothing major just a percentage of my health.

Would be cool if we got a coward, pet and he would run of and ask other players to come and help me.

We could have bird pet helping with buff, using sound.

We can have a monkey who could run off at the start of the fight, collecting food, which we could eat after the battel and help with the recovery.

The point is pets need to be more then a decoration.

• 1095 posts
    September 26, 2017 3:19 PM PDT

Ummmmm. Welcome.

Intresting so I read this like 20 times. I totally read it in a russian voice lol.

I think you mean pets as in real world pets not mage/shamsn/ etc based class pets.

Be cool to buy a dog and have it provide a tracking ability to the character perhaps with limited range and specific animals.

Could be intresting.

Bird pet would act like a bard singing songs.

Good idea man, Thanks for sharing.

This post was edited by Aich at September 26, 2017 3:31 PM PDT
    • 1095 posts
    September 26, 2017 3:26 PM PDT

In additional this could lead to a whole new skill area. Training pets could become like crafting. Trainers. Man so many options.

Loops back around to the Farmville post someone put in. WHo will provide the quality animals that could be tamed then teached, then taught what abilities.

Once it died tho, it would need to stay dead and or have a high cost or ressurection. Not equal to pet based classes at all in ability to summon them.

This post was edited by Aich at September 26, 2017 3:28 PM PDT
    • 624 posts
    September 26, 2017 4:08 PM PDT

Human bard holds up sign at popular crossroads - will train bird to sing for food!

bah, those folk selling buffs or ports got nothing on me...I am going to be rich, RICH I say.

But seriously, I love the idea.  Would be willing to open Thronefast's first Useful Pets for Unusual People shop and retire happy.  After we take care of the political intrigue in The Lady King's court, Karos' Daggers, the Catastrophe at Azeris, the Shadow Union, the mystery surrounding Amberfaet, and of course that whole Dragon Accord thingy. Pet shop and happy progeny right after those little adventures.

This post was edited by Kumu at September 26, 2017 4:09 PM PDT
    • 2886 posts
    September 26, 2017 4:11 PM PDT

TONS of discussion already about pets:

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/search?query=pets&type=forum_topic&submit=

Several of those are about this exact topic. Remember to search before posting :)

• 1095 posts
    September 26, 2017 4:12 PM PDT

Kumu said:

Human bard holds up sign at popular crossroads - will train bird to sing for food!

bah, those folk selling buffs or ports got nothing on me...I am going to be rich, RICH I say.

But seriously, I love the idea.  Would be willing to open Thronefast's first Useful Pets for Unusual People shop and retire happy.  After we take care of the political intrigue in The Lady King's court, Karos' Daggers, the Catastrophe at Azeris, the Shadow Union, the mystery surrounding Amberfaet, and of course that whole Dragon Accord thingy. Pet shop and happy progeny right after those little adventures.

Thats epic, classes can train pets in lower tier abilities but still dont replace wanting a real bard. Another line of progression.

This post was edited by Aich at September 26, 2017 4:13 PM PDT
    • 1095 posts
    September 26, 2017 4:14 PM PDT

Bazgrim said:

Several of those are about this exact topic. Remember to search before posting :)

Bazgrim you not hitting on here that this is nto about class pets but, cosmetics pets made to do something. Its about Familiars really not pets for classes.

Dont shut down creativity because of some threads may or may not have the same thing.

This post was edited by Aich at September 26, 2017 4:20 PM PDT
    • 1 posts
    September 26, 2017 4:16 PM PDT

For some reason the thought of an agro monkey had me laughing out loud. I can picture it running up to a mob, throwing poop at it, then running back to the group.

This post was edited by Colfaax at September 26, 2017 4:17 PM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    September 26, 2017 4:20 PM PDT

Zeem said:

Bazgrim said:

Bazgrim you not hitting on here that this is nto about class pets but, cosmetics pets made to do something. Its about Familiars really not pets for classes.

The link Bazgrim posted was perfectly accurate, this thread is a repeat of several others, all of which discuss pets, class pets, familiars, pet damage, summoning pets, pets usefulness etc. and there needs to be closed, so the other discussions can continue and remain consolidated.