Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Post-Beta Event: Lemming Run Zerg Rush

• 53 posts
    September 25, 2017 5:46 PM PDT

Yeah, I know it's a bit early but how about a celebration event for post Beta?

The First Annual Sorhiryth to Faerthale Lemming Run Zerg Rush Load Test.
    (Use to do a Gnome lemming zerg from Ak'anon to Qeynos in EQ1)

One final attempt to crash the servers before launch.

1. The SFLRZR load test will have thousands of player traveling from the eastern edge of Wild's End to Faerthale by the western coast of Kingsreach crossing through numerous zones all at about the same time.

2. Since there will be a final character wipe at the end of Beta, each Beta account will get a new Halfling when they login. They select gender, class, stat adjusts, and skills. Clothing will include a runner's number chest/back piece for identification.

3. Sorhiryth will be surrounded by an atmosphere to prevent anyone from leaving too soon.

4. Four events will scheduled to run starting Saturday 10pm PST every four hours through Sunday 10am to allow for all time zones to participate. All to be streamed on Twitch.

5. Could have commentators at key points along the way and in-pack runners giving play-by-play.

A preliminary run could be done at the end of Alpha to work out problems.

• 399 posts
    September 25, 2017 5:48 PM PDT

Fun!

• 1095 posts
    September 25, 2017 6:51 PM PDT

Someone has to scream Freedom before everyone takes off.

This post was edited by Aich at September 26, 2017 7:09 AM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    September 25, 2017 10:13 PM PDT

Lol, sounds fun, remind me closer to the end of Beta and I will see what I can do :)

• 103 posts
    September 26, 2017 4:33 PM PDT

That'd make for one hell of a story to tell xD

• 2419 posts
    September 26, 2017 4:35 PM PDT

What about being drunk, the character anyway, while doing it?  bonus points if you can max out your alcohol tolerance before you reach your destination!

• 248 posts
    September 27, 2017 5:44 AM PDT

I would love this! <3

-sorte.

• 1095 posts
    September 27, 2017 10:21 AM PDT

Vandraad said:

What about being drunk, the character anyway, while doing it?  bonus points if you can max out your alcohol tolerance before you reach your destination!

I was in a GM event in Kelethin on EQ back in the day, they did the drunk run race thru Kelethin lol.

• 2886 posts
    September 27, 2017 10:26 AM PDT

These types of events are always fun!

• 3016 posts
    September 27, 2017 10:40 AM PDT

Can we do this naked..no armor? hehe did that for Guild Wars (first one)

My guild there was called The District Nudists. :) I was co guild leader. :)  hehehe

Cana