Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Lore and the first leg of dialogue

• 1404 posts
    September 23, 2017 8:58 PM PDT

From the September State of the Game what do you think this means?

• Lore has been giving our Perception system's storyline a final pass on its first leg of dialogue and direction.

Perception system's storyline?

first leg of dialogue and direction?

So by storyline are they meaning the intire storyline for say Thronefeast? And so they're finishing up the first leg of that and thats what they have?

Or do they have All the legs of the storyline of Thronefeast and they're are finishing there final pass on the first one (this would imply much closer)

This post was edited by Zorkon at September 23, 2017 9:00 PM PDT
    • 399 posts
    September 23, 2017 10:06 PM PDT

I was thinking about that too and indeed also wondered about the exact meaning. Then promptly forgot about it :)

• 103 posts
    September 23, 2017 10:43 PM PDT

I've always been a bit confused on the perception system, I knew what it was so to say but I thought it was just going to be you acknowledging random **** around Terminus and going around fixing stuff, wasn't sure if there was going to be an actual storyline that would revolve around the lore that would be progressed by the perception system or what. But this alone seems to show that theres going to be an actual story line to follow, though I have not the slightest idea as to what they mean by this :P

• 763 posts
    September 23, 2017 11:29 PM PDT

I suspect it means that amongst the various 'smaller' perception story-lines ...

(Imagine a perception storyline like a single (or perhaps double) episode of a show)

there are 'story arcs' which span multiple episodes and, likely, recur through others too.

It is these 'story-arcs' that are important enough to need vetting by the (all-powerful) Lore Department to ensure that all the permits names/dates are both internally and globally consistent.

Eg:

Tier-1 perception Story-line: [Single Zone, minor]
        Single/double episode length story-line with 1-4 nodes and an end.

Tier-2 perception Story-line: [Adjacent/Single Zone, middling]
        2-4 episodes length story-arc with 3-8 nodes and an end (or cliff-hanger)

Tier-3 perception Story-line: [Multiple Zone, Racial/Cultural/Regional Significance]
        6-12 episodes length (half-season) story-arc with 6-12 nodes and a big end (or uber cliff-hanger)

Tier-4 perception Story-line: [Multiple Regions, Class/Racial Epic]
        8-24 episodes length (full-season) story-arc with 12-24 nodes and an end event/item

Tier-5 perception Story-line: [Whole World, World impacting significance (XPAC/new-race etc)]
        1-6 seasons length story-arc with 18-64 nodes and a World Event

Evoras, loved his EQ1 Epic quest (apart from the over 6 months chasing Quillmane)

• 1404 posts
    September 24, 2017 9:12 PM PDT

Jacasta said:

I've always been a bit confused on the perception system, I knew what it was so to say but I thought it was just going to be you acknowledging random **** around Terminus and going around fixing stuff, wasn't sure if there was going to be an actual storyline that would revolve around the lore that would be progressed by the perception system or what. But this alone seems to show that theres going to be an actual story line to follow, though I have not the slightest idea as to what they mean by this :P

Here is a https://www.youtube.com/watch?v%253Dc-VljOeRfis%2523t%253D54m17s%26amp;sa%3DD%26amp;ust%3D1506315502925000%26amp;usg%3DAFQjCNHBnqgD8Lcyv-sCedxQ30YtIfEOQg&sa=D&ust=1506315503113000&usg=AFQjCNFq_G1YcfDYUGCaMZDB0tfLFd-gHQ">demo of the Perception System they did in an earler stream. In this one the lady sends you on down the road to find her brother. Perception it seems to me, is just replacing the question mark, quest lines seem to be quite similar to what other games have.

I'm thinking what our little band of travelers her is following is one leg that the "State of the Game" is claiming to have been checked by the Lore department.