Forums » The Cleric

Cleric class balance

• 10 posts
    September 12, 2017 10:48 AM PDT

I have been reading the forums under cleric. I have played a cleric or healer type (hyrbrid) and is usually the first class i choose in any new mmo I play, if possible.

The reality is, will this hold up a group from enjoying the game if no cleric is found? This game will fall apart if this was true. Don't get me wrong, i liked my cleric , but also like my other healing class for their support roles. Also, I have played in groups where pull after pull involved no cleric, and it all depended on how well the group plays together. 

For example, ive been in groups where if they did not have a shaman /enchanter, the group will wipe because of all the possible adds and where single pulls are not possible, will not matter how good the cleric is. Don't forget the mobs can also crit strike. As the only healer the shaman's slow/dots make up for the pure healing power of the cleric, but cc is will be more important for adds. The druids should have less resists for dots, and should be able to slow animal types if only healer as well as the dots/dd they have. I think this would make them more valuable, the overall should equal to the same result just played differently.

The disc priest in wow for example, is required to do both damage and healing, if not, will run out of mana or by that time the mob/boss might enrage if the priest does not as well. The holy priest is not expected to do damage , so this is part of the class balance.

As far as rezzes, maybe not having a rez in group will make the group rush less through content? Not sure about my opinion about rezzes....maybe you can make an expensive /rare rez item available based upon tradeskkill for those clases who do not have rez? Maybe all healer types should be able to rez...not sure the answer.

• 2253 posts
    September 12, 2017 11:19 AM PDT

Clerics, Druids, and Shamans will all be able to fill the healing role. They will just each have different ways of accomplishing that. And there may be some situations where one has a slight advantage over the others, but all 3 will still be capable.

• 9 posts
    September 12, 2017 11:57 AM PDT

It's going to be interesting to see what's done with clerics compared to EQ. Druids can heal and have good dots/nukes. Shammys can slow and do dmg. Clerics can heal...and? If clerics are just a good of healer as druids and shammy than they will probably end up having a secondary role unlike EQ.

• 2253 posts
    September 12, 2017 12:20 PM PDT

Utica said:

It's going to be interesting to see what's done with clerics compared to EQ. Druids can heal and have good dots/nukes. Shammys can slow and do dmg. Clerics can heal...and? If clerics are just a good of healer as druids and shammy than they will probably end up having a secondary role unlike EQ.

We already know that Clerics have the highest amount of pure healing output. Of course, they have other minor abilities to supplement that, but their main thing is sheer healing. As an example of comparison, we've seen in the streams that Shamans don't have as high of healing numbers as Clerics, but they make up for this by slowing the enemies attacks. (Don't need to heal as much if the enemies isn't dealing as much damage) Both accomplish essentially the same thing, just through different means. Again, there may be certain zones or areas where one approach is slightly more effective than the other.

• 215 posts
    September 12, 2017 3:32 PM PDT

Utica said:

Clerics can heal...and?

We don't know yet really.  Some people have firm and loud opinions they like to try and force you to accept.  But you know what I want to know,  "What do you think Cleric should do, besides healing?"

• 89 posts
    September 12, 2017 6:39 PM PDT

clerics can heal, and look good while doing it. We will have nice armor as opposed to leaves and twigs and girly robes.

• 9 posts
    September 13, 2017 12:32 PM PDT

We don't know yet really.  Some people have firm and loud opinions they like to try and force you to accept.  But you know what I want to know,  "What do you think Cleric should do, besides healing?"

I like clerics basically being full healers (and good dps against undead) like EQ. I enjoy classes that are pure classes and not hybrids...and i enjoy hybrid classes. Both should be options.