Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

The Beauty of South Saol

• 9115 posts
    August 31, 2017 3:56 AM PDT

We thought you might like this screenshot taken in South Saol while staring at The Tower of the Reckless Magician in the distance. #PRF

Image may contain: sky, tree, cloud, outdoor and nature

• 248 posts
    August 31, 2017 4:00 AM PDT

This IS a lovely screenshot <3

I'm rewatching all the streams atm. and I am just sooo looking forward to next time you show of whats been happening in the game :D

-sorte.

• 513 posts
    August 31, 2017 4:39 AM PDT

Hey Kilsin?  Can we please get some shots involving weather?  I would like to see some storms - rain/lightening overland and especially over coastal areas (I love the ocean).  DIfferent levels of snowflurries would be nice as well.

• 801 posts
    August 31, 2017 5:14 AM PDT

Very nice screen shot. Keep them coming please sir.

Without kilsin, we would be lost...... Thanks buddy.

• 9115 posts
    August 31, 2017 5:37 AM PDT

Sorte said:

This IS a lovely screenshot <3

I'm rewatching all the streams atm. and I am just sooo looking forward to next time you show of whats been happening in the game :D

-sorte.

Glad you like it, my friend! Enjoy the stream re-runs :)

• 9115 posts
    August 31, 2017 5:38 AM PDT

Nephretiti said:

Hey Kilsin?  Can we please get some shots involving weather?  I would like to see some storms - rain/lightening overland and especially over coastal areas (I love the ocean).  DIfferent levels of snowflurries would be nice as well.

I would love to but am under a screenshot ban by the devs until we reveal the new shaders and lighting lol :P

• 50 posts

Great screenshot.

• 9115 posts

Crazzie said:

Very nice screen shot. Keep them coming please sir.

Without kilsin, we would be lost...... Thanks buddy.

Thank you, Sir, you're always welcome :)

• 9115 posts
    August 31, 2017 5:39 AM PDT

Zazzaro said:

Great screenshot.

Glad you like it my friend :)

• 2886 posts
    August 31, 2017 6:09 AM PDT

You'd be right - I do like it!

I love how you can still see quite a bit of architectural detail even from this distance and how it shows all the structures around the base of the tower.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at August 31, 2017 6:10 AM PDT
    • 184 posts
    August 31, 2017 6:40 AM PDT

So many carrots. So many sticks. Looks great as always (and the new shaders aren't even in!). On a sidenot I never see anyone talk about it, but I'm thirsty to see the Ashen/Ember elves and their home. So much culture and pain in their lore. Love the dichotomy between the two subraces and what possibilities may results; from a both a story telling perspective and PvE perspective. Game can't come soon enough!

• 633 posts
    August 31, 2017 6:49 AM PDT

Ok, definitely my favorite screenshot to date (barely beating out the underground bridge screenshot you posted a while back).  Very nice.

• 35 posts
    August 31, 2017 7:32 AM PDT

Sweet!  I want to be the first to jump off the tower.... oh wait.

Okay, I want to be the first Cleric to jump off the tower. 

Hopefully divine barrier is a thing.

• 184 posts
    August 31, 2017 7:37 AM PDT

Revjak said:

Sweet!  I want to be the first to jump off the tower.... oh wait.

Okay, I want to be the first Cleric to jump off the tower. 

Hopefully divine barrier is a thing.

I'm sure they'll have levitate again : )

• 454 posts
    August 31, 2017 5:15 PM PDT

Yah, I'm hoping Shaman get Levitate!  That tower beckons!  Also, I'm looking forward to bunnies, and turtles, being in game!

• 188 posts
    August 31, 2017 7:53 PM PDT

100% read that thread title as "the beauty of South Bend" at first... it's that time of year.  

But I'm still not disappointed when opening this -- looks great!

• 125 posts
    August 31, 2017 8:03 PM PDT

lovee the detail of the foreground and the mist and light angle on the tower give it a ominous dark magical look. I like it :)

• 85 posts
    August 31, 2017 9:12 PM PDT

Beautiful.  Can't wait to sit under one of those trees and contemplate the beauty with my own eyes.

*edit:  Probably that tree on the left.  :)

This post was edited by Sylee at August 31, 2017 9:23 PM PDT
    • 294 posts
    September 1, 2017 9:36 AM PDT

I love the openess to the landscape. Can't wait to go exploring.

• 287 posts
    September 2, 2017 9:10 AM PDT
    Looks amazing!
    • 151 posts
    September 2, 2017 10:37 AM PDT
    ....being in Oregon, I was suddenly wondering if we'll see forest fires in game....
    • 563 posts
    September 2, 2017 10:59 AM PDT

Thats a beautiful shot Kilsin! The Tower of the Reckless Magician looks amazing off in the distance :D

• 2138 posts
    September 2, 2017 12:34 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Nephretiti said:

I would love to but am under a screenshot ban by the devs until we reveal the new shaders and lighting lol :P

this is purely speculation:

*looks for hidden beans*  "shaders and lighting", hmm, "shader-S and lighting". Lighting looks pretty good in the awesome pic, shade looks pretty good...where would there need to be multiple ( possibly dynamic?) layers of shade or light?  Ok a dungeon perhaps but limited to the degree that a torch illuminates to a given distant point and the variable of getting close ot that point increasing the light and decreasing the shade up to the limit of the torch's lumens or amount of light the torch gives off. 

I've seen the dungeons - looks good, I wonder what would be taxing on "shader-Z and lighting"?  Unless it was from one extreme to another? like say the bottom of something deep to full daylight- with levels of increasing and decreasing reflected light off various objects, increasing as you go up and decreasing as you go down as if.....

In a Vast Body of Water (?!)...where people live (?!?!?!!) 

This post was edited by Manouk at September 2, 2017 12:34 PM PDT
    • 160 posts
    September 7, 2017 7:49 PM PDT

Hmmmmm...it's nice but missing something...

I know!  It needs more "dart flight" trees! LOL

I was watching an old EQ video today and it's amazing how far the landscape modeling has come.

Beautiful!