Forums » The Shaman

Shaman as a tank class?

• 297 posts
    August 30, 2017 3:53 PM PDT

I liked the shaman class in VSOTH, but was never really comfortable with allowing shamans to be main tanks. What are your thoughts, in case that is implemented in PROTF?

• 6962 posts
    August 30, 2017 5:41 PM PDT

I played a raid geared Tuurgin Shaman in VG as my main alt and he could never main-tank. Off tanking trash and some mini named sure, but it was only if there were no proper tanks available and it was a band-aid solution that required more resources to keep me alive and take my heals away from others. (disregarding the end of VG days when people exploited with augs, buff stacking and gear bugs)

We have no plans to make Shamans tank in Pantheon though, so you can rest easy my friend :)

• 215 posts
    August 30, 2017 5:43 PM PDT

They have quite a bit of what they envision for shaman posted here at this link.  https://www.pantheonmmo.com/classes/shaman/

I did enjoy playing the Topor Tank as well as face tanking Dragons solo in EQ quite a bit.  Ole Bert Hammer and Torpor.  Gud times.  Cracked that big ole turtle open a bunch of times too.  Best Soup ever.