Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Timeline

• 2 posts
    August 26, 2017 4:19 AM PDT

Hi! I was looking for a timeline to see the progress of the game. I know there are lots & lots of articles & info but would be really cool to see from kickstarter to now & milestones in between in progression.  If there is one here that I'm missing, my apologies and maybe put a link or sticky?  I am so excited for this game, and keep checking my email for the ALPHA invite!  Thanks for all your hard work!

• 50 posts
    August 26, 2017 4:44 AM PDT

It's still a little ways off because Pre Alpha hasn't started yet. They have said starting with the next news letter they will update more on progress and what they currently are up to at time of posting. I look forward to joining you in alpha as well when it gets here. 

This post was edited by Zazzaro at August 26, 2017 4:46 AM PDT
    • 3852 posts
    August 26, 2017 7:53 AM PDT

When we are ready (TM) has been the answer. Same as with the new forums.

• 1404 posts
    August 26, 2017 8:00 AM PDT

Zazzaro said:

It's still a little ways off because Pre Alpha hasn't started yet. They have said starting with the next news letter they will update more on progress and what they currently are up to at time of posting. I look forward to joining you in alpha as well when it gets here. 

I haven't heard anything solid on the updates coming in the newsletter. I read where Kilsin mentioned he was going to try to get us something. And I got the impression he was unsure yet what would be allowed.

I'm really looking forward to what they can give us, as of yet I havent seen any promise that they will. 

• 2130 posts
    August 26, 2017 9:24 AM PDT

Soon, but soon is relative.

I would consider it a miracle if the game is playable by this time next year.

• 626 posts
    August 26, 2017 9:52 AM PDT

Right now the next focus of the team is Pre-alpha. All focus is on that, and will be until its ready. Even though that is the focus there is no clear timeline nor will one be given. I believe the best way to look at the progress is to watch the streams and see the differenece in the game with each stream. 

Here is Pantheon YouTube to find them all!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4MbaiykerIrjKWRA6407tQ 

• 1404 posts
    August 26, 2017 10:40 AM PDT

A thread here in the Developers Journal message area called Share The Load posted by Developer Abryll that might interest you.

• 50 posts
    August 26, 2017 2:38 PM PDT

Zorkon said:

Zazzaro said:

I haven't heard anything solid on the updates coming in the newsletter. I read where Kilsin mentioned he was going to try to get us something. And I got the impression he was unsure yet what would be allowed.

I'm really looking forward to what they can give us, as of yet I havent seen any promise that they will. 

Sorry for the confusion but yeah I didn't mean they would update on dates. I just meant it was mentioned they would try to give updates on what is going on with the game at current time, although they are still trying to keep things close to the vest which I don't blame them. I just saw SC get massacred some places yesterday after their presentation even though they are completely open with their development and it's an alpha build so it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't these days. People want info, but then aren't happy when they don't like what they see and bad mouth the game (yes, there is legit questions concerns but also absolute trolling) even when they know the game is isnt close to being finished :-/.

So I can completely understand not saying all that much right now. What matters most is when they are ready to release stuff and lift NDAs, what's there is solid and is fun to play. No one will remember or care that info was limited during the pre pre alpha periods.

This post was edited by Zazzaro at August 27, 2017 7:30 AM PDT