August 22, 2017 8:41 AM PDT

Zeem said:

Kilsin said:

What is the most fun you have ever had in an MMORPG? #PRF #CommunityMatters

Prolly training people

Or avoiding those Crushbone / Mistmoore trains that were like clockwork lol

• 523 posts
    August 22, 2017 9:03 AM PDT

Helping develop the Blood Mage class in VG.  Think it turned out pretty well.  Outside of that, raiding (ALL), crafting (VG), collecting shinies (Rift/EQ2 only), and decorating my house/property (EQ2/Wildstar).  I love the genre, and when it's done right (early EQ/ early WoW), simply logging in is the most fun.

• 769 posts
    August 22, 2017 10:30 AM PDT

CountessCrow said:

I started playing EQ in Beta 1.5.  Actually received a disc in a white envelope.  I had been playing a wood elf ranger about 3 or 4 week.  One day I got my first in game communication.  It was a "tell" asking me if I was ready.  I did not even know how to respond.  Finally the person sent me a tell telling me to /r.  I answered the person saying ready for what?  They told me that my home area was completed and he would summon me to it.  I said OK.  Next thing I saw was "you have been summoned by the gods"!  

What followed I will never forget.  Everybody who was a wood elf...not just me was summoned to our new home.  For the next day it rained Wood Elfs.  I think I lost 3 or 4 levels from dying.  The combination of dial up lag and no safeguards caused wood elfs to fall to their deaths almost at every turn.  It was incredibly funny.  Eventually Brad put in safeguards to help us from falling.

What was amazing about this experience was that my first contact with anybody in the game was with a god....nobody else can claim that in any game.

This was a pretty cool story. Thanks for sharing.

• 14 posts
    August 22, 2017 4:15 PM PDT

Back in EQ I was on my 22 Enchanter.  Just Noobing around with a PUG group.  We had a camp established and respawns we just about to come up.  Then... The Inevitable TRAIN was shouted through the zone and it was taken right through our group.  Now usually this is bad.  However I was actually able to successfully CC the whole lot as well as everything that was respawning.  We all survived and got tons of exerience for our trouble.  Pulling off challenging unexpected feats is always a fun time.  CANT WAIT FOR PANTHEON!!!  

• 17 posts
    August 23, 2017 1:31 AM PDT

This isn't the game I would've expected to have my favorite moment in, but it was on TERA. It just came out, and my boyfriend and I decided to play. I ended up skipping class that week just so we could level together. TERA isn't the best game I've played, but just having that time together was really memorable. A lot of laughter, instant ramen, and taking the fastest showers just to keep playing. I'm looking forward to doing the same thing in Pantheon (except this time I'll have to use some PTO ;P). 

• 89 posts
    August 23, 2017 4:52 AM PDT

Grand Marshall PvP group in WoW. 

• 409 posts
    August 23, 2017 1:10 PM PDT

Just a ton of necromancer and enchanter moments in EQ1, many related to counter-griefing whatever idiots tried ruining my day, or single group awesomeness with friends. Everything in EQ1 came tough, so every accomplishment seemed magnified.

• 208 posts
    August 23, 2017 3:03 PM PDT

*sighs*  Once again I am the odd person out.  Some of the most memorable and fun experiences were just silly things to most.  The most fun I had was normally guild events.  The first one I remember was create a level 1 toon in freeport and run them all the way to qeynos.  No ports, no speed buffs.  First one to qeynos got some really good playermade food and gear for their main.  Another one from EQ was to make a troll and get to west freeport gate without using the underground shortcuts.  My favorite for Wow was create a level 1 dwarf/gnome in WoW and run all the way across 4 zones with the winner getting an amazing playermade bag and some decent gear for their main.  On a more difficult level in EQ doing the time flags, I loved the challenge of Council of Rathe in Earth B as well as getting the flag for Plane of Water.  Those underwater raids always added a different kink into the raid because someone would always forget about the need to breath air...

• 6 posts
    August 23, 2017 6:39 PM PDT

EQ1: (My Cleric on Tarew Marr) Running Vex Thal with my raid guild. I had worked a 12-hr day, and had only had 3 hrs of sleep for the last 4 nights prior helping guildies get keyed for VT. I ended up falling asleep in my chair just before getting to Ahten Ha Ra. I awoke 6 hrs later, and without logging out, I went to bed. I had the next day off, and looked at my chat when I got back on, and saw a Mage in my raid took pity on me, and not only had me ported out, but asked the guild if they could hold off on Ahten until the next evening, which they agreed to!

There was some loot baby-momma-drama that night after the boss kill, but I got a big warm fuzzy from that time because up until that point, I never felt like I was really "one of them". I was already having a blast playing EQ1, and that moment made it one of the gaming times of my life. I will never forget my old raid guild, and will always appreciate how they looked out for their own. :)

• 220 posts
    August 23, 2017 9:40 PM PDT

Xailin said:

EQ1: (My Cleric on Tarew Marr) Running Vex Thal with my raid guild. I had worked a 12-hr day, and had only had 3 hrs of sleep for the last 4 nights prior helping guildies get keyed for VT. I ended up falling asleep in my chair just before getting to Ahten Ha Ra. I awoke 6 hrs later, and without logging out, I went to bed. I had the next day off, and looked at my chat when I got back on, and saw a Mage in my raid took pity on me, and not only had me ported out, but asked the guild if they could hold off on Ahten until the next evening, which they agreed to!

There was some loot baby-momma-drama that night after the boss kill, but I got a big warm fuzzy from that time because up until that point, I never felt like I was really "one of them". I was already having a blast playing EQ1, and that moment made it one of the gaming times of my life. I will never forget my old raid guild, and will always appreciate how they looked out for their own. :)

You can log into Live with your old account, pick up some OP noob boosted gear, and solo the entire Raid at like 65ish...  I haven't done it in a while.  Highly recommend though.   Super fun.  You might have to buy a Krono for the AA premium depending on your class and levels.  Or just buy Min some wingstreet for a Krono.  proTip: Min loves wings.  =)

This post was edited by ZennExile at August 23, 2017 9:45 PM PDT
    • 454 posts
    August 24, 2017 6:40 AM PDT

I remember exploring the frozen tundra of everfrost.  Jumping into a hole in the ice and dying.  Took a long time to find and retrieve my corpse.  Or, the first time a guildy  brought some bat wings and a bunch of us explored levitation.  Fun stuff.  PUGs where you hit a great combination of people three tanks, shaman and a bard, people weren't so touchy about dps and how many mobs per hour you could whack.  My guild took pride in making weird groups and making it work.   One of my friends used to describe our EQ times as a chat room with great graphics, because we had as much fun talking as we did playing the game.  Those are the times I remember best.  Sure there were great times accomplishing things.  Getting epics when level 50 was the cap. My first time in Hate is a favorite memory.  I had no idea what to expect.  Things weren't so analyzed.  There was a time when every action wasn't scripted and you had to have certain pieces of gear or you couldn't raid.  We had noob helper times, in my guild.  We'd go to Bb and buff and heal noobs for an hour or two, just because it was fun to do.  Give a noob 5plat and make their day.  Good times.

• 267 posts
    August 25, 2017 1:34 PM PDT

Thats a hard one... There are numerous times I had a blast in a number of different MMORPG's and its honestly hard to rank them or pick any specific one as the "Most" fun I ever had. I will say this however, most of the ones I can say rank near the top are all times where I was grouped up with friends and was doing something while having one of the funniest conversations I've ever had. To be honest, I don't think the times I had the "Most" fun ever really corresponded to me doing anything specific in game but rather the general atmosphere of the conversation and interplay with other members of my group. Some of these times happened while raiding, others while grouping in a difficult location, others while trying to kill time between rare spawns with my friends.

One of my favorite times, for example, was grouping with my friends in "The hole" in EQ 1 on a progression server (which don't get me started on the double entendres we used when trying to form that group in guild chat). We spent most of the evening humerously discussing and quantifying the meaning of the word "Some" because our puller early on panic'd when he pulled, thought he aggro'd a lots of mobs so when asked how many were incoming (I'm the enchanter) he said "Uhh.. Some?" only to find out only 1 came. Unfortunately its not one of those stories that translates well because I know nothing really seems all the funny about it, but at the time we were all about to die from laughing so hard as we took turns having a philisophical debate about the meaning of the word. The rediculousness of the entire ordeal still makes us laugh to this day.

Another one of favorite activites was pulling in a random person to do Master level dungeons in Rift with only my rogue friend in a bard support soul to heal (this was before most of the expansions and rogues had no healer soul then). Between my damage mitigation as a heavily geared warrior tank and my friends ridiculous bard soul build we were able to fairly effectively make quick work of the master level dungeon available at the time with the help of 3 DPS players. However the panic that always ensued by the random person who got pulled in once they realized we were seriously going to do this without a "real" healer was typically priceless. Normally once the first boss dropped and they realized my health never dipped below 80% they tended to calm down. Thats normally when me and my friend started complaining it was too easy and started making bets on how many pieces of gear I could take off before he couldn't heal me to keep the random player on his toes, lol. Must have pulled that con a dozen times and I honestly can't remember if the random players loved grouping with us or if they were scared to death of grouping with us more. 

• 108 posts
    September 1, 2017 3:32 PM PDT

The most fun was probably the pvp in DAOC. Taking Midguards and Albions Frontier.. fun times.

That being said i also remember our guild lamenting that if only the pve content was as fun as everquest it would be perfect! So the most pve fun i have ever had was in EQ 1 dungeon crawling...

• 7 posts
    September 4, 2017 11:31 AM PDT

The most fun I ever had was while playing EQ.  My guildies and I were in Permafrost headed to Vox when she decided to meet us half way.  Apparently one of the GMs got bored and decided to have some fun with us for a while.

• 2419 posts
    September 4, 2017 7:42 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

What is the most fun you have ever had in an MMORPG? #PRF #CommunityMatters

I'd have to say the massive killing spree my guild went on in Luclin.  In a single session we cleared every boss in Ssra Temple, Vex Thal, Sanctus Seru and The Deep.  We'd clear a zone, award loot and immediately head to the next zone, rinse and repeat.  It was so much fun to see a guild work so well together, everyone knowing what was needed of them.

• 53 posts
    September 7, 2017 2:09 PM PDT

Having my Troll Warrior being able to walk around Qeynos and Freeport and seeing all the messages from stunned newbees. Ah, the wonders of faction.