Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What's Yours?

• 9115 posts
    August 14, 2017 3:58 AM PDT

What is your greatest MMORPG achievement of all time? #PRF #CommunityMatters

• 278 posts
    August 14, 2017 4:13 AM PDT

Had to think hard about this one and it had to be...

Early Anarcy Online takin down the dragon and winning the Dragon chest pice on Rubika 2, this happened nearly 20 years ago and i still remeber when i was traded the piece and equiped it and the raid was there doin emots this was when raid interface didnt exist.This and some massiv meeting's with my AO guild online doin emots and takin sreenshots.

• 1 posts
    August 14, 2017 4:20 AM PDT

Tough one, probably getting my Mythical Eagle's Talon in RoK....that felt good.

• 624 posts
    August 14, 2017 4:49 AM PDT

Player driven large scale RP event - The Saga of the Gresh'Maj - on Fennin Ro in 1999.  No loot, but an enormous amount of fun. For bards and non-minstrels alike.

This post was edited by Kumu at August 14, 2017 4:50 AM PDT
    • 2130 posts
    August 14, 2017 5:38 AM PDT

The first time I rolled a full group solo in DAoC.

Warlocks were pretty broken when Catacombs first launched.

• 201 posts
    August 14, 2017 6:17 AM PDT

I played EQ, SWG, Vanguard and later returned to EQ Private servers. The one thing all had in common were the people I met along the way. Not once did I ever run into someone that was rude or unkind. People generally were good people back then and would go out of their way to help a fellow traveler out.

• 19 posts
    August 14, 2017 6:50 AM PDT

Finishing my epic weapon quest for Conj in eq2 and summoning my epic golem for the first time. Its still my favorite summoned minion next to the OG purple gorrilla.

• 781 posts
    August 14, 2017 7:19 AM PDT

Being able to move / communicate / fight as a team to achieve all server first in Rift.  Greatest achievement  * Team Work * :) 

• 3852 posts
    August 14, 2017 7:20 AM PDT

Getting to level cap the first time in DAOC without the character ever dying. Since then I have done that in almost every major MMO - often multiple times starting a new character when the cap went up. An odd hobby, but harmless.

• 166 posts
    August 14, 2017 7:45 AM PDT

One of this great moment was when my heal Druid was invited to do a raid with one of the best guilds in Europe and I think they were even top ranked world wide. Of cours it was only their alt raid but still I saw content I otherwise would never see. The atmosphere in the raid was so good and harmonic, I hardly found in other raids. The thing I'm proud of is that my performance was good enough to be one of the best healers and good enough to be invited some more times when they had a healer missing in their alt raid.

One other thing I can remember was when I was able to buy my first mount and then was able to move a bit faster through the world. It took me quite a long time to get the money to buy it. I always were an experienced crafter but I never charged money for my work. So it took me ages to get my mount, I nearly had the level to buy the next level of faster mounts. But in the end I was even more happy and proud of when I got my mount as I would be when getting it immediately when reached the needed level.

• 1714 posts
    August 14, 2017 7:51 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

What is your greatest MMORPG achievement of all time? #PRF #CommunityMatters

I flopped to Nagafen, naked, at a point on the server where nobody else had even seen a fire giant before. 

• 21 posts
    August 14, 2017 8:01 AM PDT

Mine would have to be unlocking Jedi on the Gorath server; July 16, 2006. There is absolutely nothing, in any other MMO I've played since that has ever come close to that achievement. Wish there were MMOs that had that kind of difficulty with the ability to go far and beyond the normal playerbase to truly feel like you accomplished something special. Unfortunately that will never be a thing again. 

• 3 posts
    August 14, 2017 8:21 AM PDT

Its been too long to remember the exact levels in Everquest 1, but it was most triumphant of fights....

I was a monk, my (around 10 give or take) year old daughter was a cleric and it was her first time playing a MMO.  (She got pretty good at keeping my butt alive.)  It was in Kunark, some lake area a zone or two away from the lizard city.    We were moving around and got jumped by a red wandering skeletal named npc.   We were taken by surprise as it started beating me to death, she shrieked and was doing all she could to keep me alive.   It took several minutes, but we ended up beating it. :D      There was a higher level group of 6 players nearby and they seemed to be all "Wow, those two beat that named npc.  We can too.  They camped the area.  (At the time we didnt know it was a wandering creature, it only took about 20 minutes for it to return.) I was just pulling creatures here and there for me and my daughter to get some experience.   Apparently the higher level group found it wandering nearby and stared fighting it...  We watched.   My daughter was all memerized as we watched them try to kite it, blast it, melee it, they did various tactics, but it defeated them all and  was only down to maybe 33%      After it wiped them out we attacked it again (this time it was much more difficult to beat it and took longer, but we were on a victory high that grew even bigger as we defeated it again.    My daughter offered to rezz them, but they denied and accused us of cheating.  (I didnt see the tell text, my daughter told me.)  

It was such an epic bonding experience! :D

• 409 posts
    August 14, 2017 8:58 AM PDT

deleted

This post was edited by Nimryl at August 23, 2017 7:36 AM PDT
    • 189 posts
    August 14, 2017 9:14 AM PDT

Only thing super cool I can remember was being part of the server/side that got to the city of the other faction and destroyed them in Warhammer Online. That was pretty fun.. and super laggy. lol

• 7 posts
    August 14, 2017 9:19 AM PDT

What is your greatest MMORPG achievement of all time?

In all the many epic adventures I've had, its hard to pick a single pinnacle of success. In every case, however, it's always something that took a lot of preparation, committment, and help from friends. Hoping Pantheon is the same.

If I was to pick something, it would be the fact that I helped myself and my friends acnieve numerous successes with unusual groups. I've usually been with smaller, family guilds that had balance issues. We never had the right set up in EQ and WOW. I ended up being good at unconventional strategies. I think that is my greatest achievement. Ignoring "number values" and "gear scores", I helped my friends beat things above our level with groups that others said wouldn't work.

• 50 posts
    August 14, 2017 9:26 AM PDT

Server first crafting of the boat on Vanguard Saga of Heroes. Took a serious grind :).

• 2752 posts
    August 14, 2017 9:38 AM PDT

Nothing incredible stands out.

I guess being a part of and playing my part in the first Horde guild worldwide to kill their own faction leader, Thrall. 

• 40 posts
    August 14, 2017 9:40 AM PDT

Zazzaro said:

Server first crafting of the boat on Vanguard Saga of Heroes. Took a serious grind :).

Likewise Zazzaro I was server first on the Euro pvp server though it was a close run thing with a few others , think one of the most stressful things was the random disconnects at the crafting table just when going for that  tricky combine that took you ages gather the stuff  :)

• 77 posts
    August 14, 2017 9:42 AM PDT

There was being one of the first 10 Chromaggus kills, that was pretty cool, or helping open the gates of Ahn Qiraj, but the thing I remember most was farming crafting materials in ffxiv, and someone running up and telling me he was there to powerlevel a guildmate so I needed to get the f$#@ out of there, after telling him I was there just to get a stack of mats, he told me he didn't care, and to leave.  I managed to pull enough enemeis onto the one he was trying to powerlevel and get him killed by aoes, not the brightest moment, but one that I remember.

• 769 posts
    August 14, 2017 9:48 AM PDT

I go on and on about the Warden class in Lord of the Rings On-line. To date, it has been the most fun I've ever had playing a class, and definitely the most fun playing a tank.

You had two main tanks in LoTRO. The Guardian, your typical heavy armor tank that relied on force taunts and armor mitigation; and the Warden, a medium armor wearing tank which relied on taunt leeches, drains, avoidance, and heal over times. They were spear wielding spartan types, and they were damn sexy.

What made them fun was the learning curve. Any monkey with at least two fingers could play a guardian. Stick on some good armor and use those force taunts, and you're set. There were hundreds of Guardians with a medium level of skill in the class. But if you played a Warden, either nobody wanted you (which is what mostly happened), or EVERYBODY wanted you. There was no medium skill-set when it came to that class. You either crashed and burned on the first trash pull, or you could solo the entire damn game.

Not to toot my own horn, but on the Landroval serve around 2011-12, I was a darn good Warden.

We were at The Forge, a fairly new dungeon in the Isengard expansion. Most of the people in my group were veterans that I'd played with before, but a couple were random pick-ups that were wary about having a Warden in this new, tough dungeon. Regardless of the smooth sailing up until the fire room, they were the type that couldn't seem to keep their opinions and "advice" to themselves. Small wonder it was because of them that adds were pulled, that shouldn't have been pulled, and everyone wiped in the Fire Room.

Except me.

After the 30 minutes it took me to clean up that room, moving from spot to spot to avoid the fire traps, grabbing adds with my javelins that would pop up to the side (the more adds, the more HoT leeching), while my group mates were sprawled dead around me, you could hear a friggin' pin drop in the silence that followed. One of the new guys in the group says,

"That was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen."

He wasn't wrong.

I don't think I'd want a class with the capability to solo entire dungeons on this own (I know I don't want that), but the learning curve of the Warden is definitely something I want. I don't want there to be tons of medium levels of skill, I want it to be hard. I want to have to sit and perfect my rotations, and have options. And I would absolutely LOVE to see a non-traditional type tank, like the Warden was.

This post was edited by Tralyan at August 14, 2017 9:49 AM PDT
    • 125 posts
    August 14, 2017 1:24 PM PDT

All from EQ...

Being respected as a raid leader by not only my guild but by most on the server.

A CR in fear that took 4 hours and cost me 1.5 levels helping a raid group I didn't know.

First Druid to successfully pull Fear on my server.

Second Druid with Epic on my server

First Druid to 50 and first player to 60 on my server

In that order.

Wow, Rift and other MMO achievements didnt really compare. They seemed simpler even though on the face they were still firsts or whatever.

This post was edited by Aatu at August 14, 2017 1:39 PM PDT
    • 50 posts
    August 14, 2017 3:11 PM PDT

Akahai said:

Zazzaro said:

Likewise Zazzaro I was server first on the Euro pvp server though it was a close run thing with a few others , think one of the most stressful things was the random disconnects at the crafting table just when going for that  tricky combine that took you ages gather the stuff  :)

I'm in the US and luckily cannot remember that my DCs. I had just had a surgery on my lower back and was on pain killers so unfortunately my memory of that time is a little hazy. I had nothing but time to kill though and just grinded that boat like a madman. Shame I only got to use it once before I moved cross country and my PC got damaged during shipping. I left it with the guild though so I hope they had fun with it.

• 189 posts
    August 14, 2017 4:02 PM PDT
    Successfully 6 boxing a group down deep into Chardok and looting the Rogue and Monk epic pieces as well as Desiccated Halfling Mask in only a few hours. Not ground breaking but my greatest MMORPG achievement (EQ pre-Velious).
    • 220 posts
    August 14, 2017 5:02 PM PDT

In no particular order of importance...

I got the World First, World First, in Rift.

I figured out how to spawn Pyzjin reliably.

I was High Warlord on two different Characters back when being a High Warlord meant something.

I solo'd the Ancient Port with my Necromancer in VG

I created a Gnome Torture camp in EQ housing, complete with giant gnome food processor.

I crafted the World First Elemental Wand in FFXIV (the first release)

I was an Avatar Geared Mythical Necro in EQ2, and killed VS like 250 times with nub raids just for the challenge of it.

I farmed a legit Polaris Bjorne mount with 85 wild polaris farms I tended and protected for 45 straight days in the Rookborne mountains.

I completed a Mythical Black Pearl farming without a credit card.

I have a maxed out BDO Ninja named ButtStuffNoJutsu that has never died in PvP, and has the very first Teir 2 Penguin NA.

And I have also crafted Pie in every game that has the ability to craft Pie in it.

No big deal...