Forums » Introduce Yourself

Hello Everyone

• 17 posts
    August 13, 2017 10:57 AM PDT

Hello,

So I had heard of this  a few years back but wasn't into the whole Kickstarter thing or had time for an MMO so Pantheon just kind of faded off my radar. So glad one of the live streams reached my rec youtube feed because 2 hours of video later and here we are. Currently at the $250 Pathfinder level, but will upgrade to the Cohorts level  so I look forward to breaking and testing things with you all whenever the alpha starts!!!

A little personal MMO and gaming history, I was born 1980 and grew up playing video/PC games. I can remember always longingly looking at the Ultima Online box every time I went into the game store but the always online scared me off. My dad being a radiologist, we always had internet but it was on his work line so he didn't want me hogging the line to play PC games. I did that enough playing Doom with my next door neighbor on my 486 over my 14.4 modem in the mid 90s. Eventually I got Everquest, but my gaming experience with it was this: start in a town/city, go out and try to fight a rabbit, nothing happens for a few minutes, go back to town and then all of a sudden get hit for my entire HP and die. This happened 4-5 times and I just gave up figuring my setup wasn't good enough to play the game. FFXI was my next and first real MMO and man did I love that game. Had a paladin and played it up to right after beating the first 3 promyvion bosses and getting to the Isle of Broken Saints. That's when WoW came out. Played a paladin in WoW up through the Burning Crusade and then just lost interest. Played a ton of MMOs after that trying to recapture that Vanilla WoW/FFXI feel but never quite recaptured it. 

One of those MMOs was Vanguard and I had the limited edition brown box landscape box. I really liked Vanguard. I actually had a bunch of world or server firsts crafting the boat. All of the upper tier mats I was pinging firsts on as building that boat was all I did right from the launch of the game. Right after crafting the freaking boat, RL struck and I couldn't play Vanguard anymore or any time consuming games So I gifted it to my guild and sadly that was that. Fast forward to now and with my RL settled into a nice groove, I'm on a quest to chase that MMO dragon again. 

Really looking forward to exploring this world with everyone. Best of luck to the development team, I wish you all nothing but success and look forward to helping the development of this game anyway I can when the time comes and I'm called upon to alpha test.

Edited post to reflect upgrade to Pathfinder level.

This post was edited by Zazzaro at August 19, 2017 7:24 AM PDT
    • 193 posts
    August 13, 2017 11:17 AM PDT

Welcome! Good to have you!

• 129 posts
    August 13, 2017 11:46 AM PDT

Welcome to the forums Zazzaro

• 42 posts
    August 13, 2017 3:18 PM PDT

Welcome to the family Zazzaro!!

• 6797 posts
    August 13, 2017 5:46 PM PDT

Hello and welcome Zazzaro, great to have you here with us :)

• 2200 posts
    August 14, 2017 5:39 AM PDT

Welcome!

• 422 posts
    August 14, 2017 7:06 AM PDT

Welcome!

• 17 posts
    August 14, 2017 9:19 AM PDT

Thank you everyone for the welcomes. And thank you Kilsin for answering a couple of my questions across YouTube Channels :).

• 1379 posts
    August 18, 2017 5:57 PM PDT

Welcome :) 

• 17 posts
    August 19, 2017 7:21 AM PDT

Just upgraded to the pathfinder level. As stated before, looking forward to alpha testing with everyone when the time comes. At some point I'll be at the Cohorts level but was primarily concerned with getting to the Champion level to show my support to the developers :).