Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Forever On Your Toes!

• 9115 posts
    August 10, 2017 3:58 AM PDT

Whether you have your head in the clouds or your feet firmly planted on the ground, Pantheon will keep you on your toes! #PRF

Image may contain: mountain, sky, cloud, nature and outdoor

Image may contain: tree, sky, cloud, mountain, plant, outdoor and nature

• 624 posts
    August 10, 2017 4:22 AM PDT

That fog in the first picture is, as they say in Boston, 'wicked awesome!'.  I want to climb that tree in the second, lay out on a branch and lazily strum my lute.

As always, thanks for these, oh Sharer-of-Pixels. I eagerly await the ability to explore the lands and experience these vistas 'in person'.

Question: should we rename Thursday to "Kilsday"?  What has Thor done for us lately?

• 255 posts
    August 10, 2017 4:38 AM PDT

The fog really makes an impact. When you are at ground level are you under the fog as the shot looks like it is from a mountain.

Also does it lift during the day cycle to become a clear day???

• 33 posts
    August 10, 2017 5:28 AM PDT

Awesome!

• 112 posts
    August 10, 2017 5:50 AM PDT

Definitely enjoy the varied terrain.  That fog is amazingly done.

• 2886 posts
    August 10, 2017 5:51 AM PDT

Aye those mountains that stretch from the fog on the ground to the clouds in the sky create a really cool effect.

• 9115 posts
    August 10, 2017 8:17 AM PDT

Kumu said:

That fog in the first picture is, as they say in Boston, 'wicked awesome!'.  I want to climb that tree in the second, lay out on a branch and lazily strum my lute.

As always, thanks for these, oh Sharer-of-Pixels. I eagerly await the ability to explore the lands and experience these vistas 'in person'.

Question: should we rename Thursday to "Kilsday"?  What has Thor done for us lately?

Haha, you're welcome my friend and I approve, Thor has been slacking, I am sure he won't mind ;)

• 9115 posts
    August 10, 2017 8:18 AM PDT

Boulda said:

The fog really makes an impact. When you are at ground level are you under the fog as the shot looks like it is from a mountain.

Yes, but this is a view from the Tower of the Reckless Magician, to get here would involve, well, you dying :D

• 9115 posts
    August 10, 2017 8:19 AM PDT

I thought you guys would love the fog screenshot as much as I do, I used GM hacks to fly out of the Tower of the Reckless Magician to take it so it isn't really accessible but it shows just how good the LoD, draw distance and fog/lighting balance is :)

• 626 posts
    August 10, 2017 8:31 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

I thought you guys would love the fog screenshot as much as I do, I used GM hacks to fly out of the Tower of the Reckless Magician to take it so it isn't really accessible but it shows just how good the LoD, draw distance and fog/lighting balance is :)

*Reported for hacking*... Also these are amazing. Thank you!

• 125 posts
    August 10, 2017 8:39 AM PDT

Both are amazing in different ways. The detail in the second one is awesome.

One of the most difficult things for me to photograph and bring depth and life to is fog. I would imagine its the same for you but the subtle variances shown above do a great job.

Well done.

If I was to nitpick the only thing that seems a tad off to me is the mountain in the top right distance. The fog/cloud line at the base seems too straight and not natural. A little organic flow would solve it but again its just me being anal.

Love them and its great to see how far you have come :)

• 563 posts
    August 10, 2017 9:00 AM PDT

I can see myself going to the first screenshot a lot, that is an amazing view :D the mountains are looking very nice in both shots :)

• 1095 posts
    August 10, 2017 2:28 PM PDT

Looking good.

• 416 posts
    August 10, 2017 2:42 PM PDT

Every Thursday I jump on to see what new tantalizing pictures Kilsin will post and I'm never disappointed. Awesome views, thanks for sharing.

• 409 posts
    August 10, 2017 2:48 PM PDT

deleted

This post was edited by Nimryl at August 23, 2017 7:38 AM PDT
    • 84 posts
    August 10, 2017 3:31 PM PDT
    Really looking good guys. Hope the gameplay is coming along as nicely and you'll have a real hit.
    • 363 posts
    August 10, 2017 3:39 PM PDT

Awesome screens. Kilsin! Can't wait to see all of this in game! Keep up the great work, team!

• 188 posts
    August 10, 2017 5:19 PM PDT

Beautiful screens, guys.  Loving the sense of scale we get with some of these environmental shots.

• 294 posts
    August 10, 2017 8:09 PM PDT

I just love the mystery of a land shrouded in fog. Mainer's like myself know all about fog as thick as pea soup. The early morning fog is my favorite.

Thanks for the pics.

• 1399 posts
    August 10, 2017 8:31 PM PDT

Anyone else imagine that foggy screen shot with about a half a dozen or more Pterodactyls circling arround the sky?

• 2886 posts
    August 11, 2017 2:32 AM PDT

Rachael said:

I can see myself going to the first screenshot a lot, that is an amazing view :D

Hope you're prepared to die a lot then :P

Kilsin said:

this is a view from the Tower of the Reckless Magician, to get here would involve, well, you dying :D

• 542 posts
    August 11, 2017 4:00 AM PDT

Lots of climbing <3333

The fog looks promising too , A similar miasm embracing smelly Ogre feet could be introduced .This opens up a whole new world for effects <33

• 37 posts
    August 11, 2017 4:57 AM PDT
    Beware The Mist
    • 3 posts
    August 11, 2017 10:39 AM PDT

I am gonna have to get a new pc, I want to take advantage of these amazing weather effects. Looking so good

• 255 posts
    August 11, 2017 12:21 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Boulda said:

Yes, but this is a view from the Tower of the Reckless Magician, to get here would involve, well, you dying :D

/agro off :)

BTW wern't you putting in some new forums a few months back or is that done already?