Forums » News and Announcements

August's Newsletter Is Hot Off The Press!

• 9115 posts
    August 11, 2017 5:52 PM PDT

Roenick said:

Bazgrim said:

I think Lynn Ashworth deserves more recognition.

Lynn Ashworth, first of her name, Breaker of Men (and women), Cracker of Whip, Keeper of Joppa, Aradune whisperer, Protector of the Meatball, Queen of Skype, Mother of Cats.

And that is just her abbreviated title list! haha :D

Lynn is a legend :)

• 56 posts
    August 11, 2017 6:39 PM PDT

WOW! 

The artwork from the promo posters just blew me away. My favoraites are the Dwarf and Elf images. 

It was nice to read about you Benjamin Dean. I would love to know more about your Vanguard Experiences. Also would love to hear about your time at Comc Con. Sounds like it was an amazing experience this year. 

It was nice to read aboout you Sierra Rush. I was intruiged about your Animal Welfare volunteerism and would like to know more about that sometime. 

It was nice to read about you Lynn Ashworth.  I would like to hear about your experiences in China and Ireland sometime. 

• 219 posts
    August 12, 2017 1:44 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Renathras said: Ack! I get the "win hearts and minds" stuff that goes with promoting and marketing and all that...but I would like to see more of the GAME. :) I would kill (figuratively) for more class reveals, for example. Not even iconic ability, just getting the rest of those one sentence blurbs fleshed out into three paragraph overviews. Surely you guys have an overview idea of what you plan for each class at this point? Hell, I'll write some for you if you want! :p I honestly don't mind seeing "non-visible progress". As much as I like you guys, all the spotlights and interviews are nice and all, but can we get more pictures of the game? XD I mean, am I crazy to ask for that? ...okay, maybe I am a little crazy, but not for that. :) . Though I do like the pictures/posters. It'd also be cool to see new pictures of the races (those are, what, two years old?) Maybe even other genders of the multi-gender races (female Human, male Halfling, etc)? But yeah, I like updates and newsletters, just...I dunno, maybe I am a little crazy. :)

We understand Renathras but as I posted above, when we have updates like that we will post them without hesitation but MMORPGs take a long time to make and not every update or progress has visual or measurable progress to show off, some of the boring stuff (not boring to us - and it is also usually the most important stuff) is code and infrastructure changes, so in the meantime we use these newsletters to reach out from the team and show off a range of things from new staff, getting to know the team members who work hard on the game, artwork, CM content, community members, interviews, screenshots etc. until we have something big to announce but those announcements at this stage of development can be slow going, unfortunately, while the team works hard on getting the game ready for pre-alpha.

Please remember we revealed the Monk and hosted a double stream with CohhCarnage with some nice updates at the end of April/beginning of May, just a few months ago, so while we love showing off our work and giving updates, right now, the focus is on getting the game ready for pre-alpha testing so we can get you folks in and get your help and feedback on a lot of things, until then, we will release what is available to us, my friend.

Nah, it's cool, Kilsin.  I don't mean to sound negative - quite the opposite.  I like seeing and hearing about "non visual" progress.  More than that even, I like hearing about philosophical or concepts behind things - like class reveals (hint hint! :p)  And I love seeing pictures of the pretty world.  Surely you could include a few screen shots of zones we haven't seen yet (or haven't seen much of yet) with each newsletter?  2-3 pictures from various areas around Terminus would be something.  "Oh look at that pretty lake, I wonder where that is.  Oh, and is that a desert?  Nice mountain, I wonder how long it would take to climb it."  I'm sure you guys have done a lot of work on stuff like that.  Last month (or was it the month before?) there were pictures of those pillars with several different texture skins.  It would be cool to see some pillars randomly in the world somewhere in a picture.

Just something to make the place seem alive or like "Oh, there's something we haven't seen before".

Likewise, the other genders of races would just be cool to see (and it'd be nice to see a Halfling not covered in feathers...?), and information on classes.  As noted in my last post, I'm less talking about formal reveal and more...well, more than one line micro-sentences on most of the classes.  :)

That stuff seemingly(?) wouldn't take much effort to add to the newsletters, but would flesh them out quite a bit, even during the slow news cycles.  Even if you don't have any non-code "progress" to show us this month, a picture of a lake or desert or mountain or ocean or forest or stone ruins and a monthly class blurb extention would give you two new sections to the newsletters ("Sights of Terminus" and "Monthly Class Sneak Peak").

It's your boat to captain, I'm just throwing out random things I'd like to see.  :)  Either way, again, I don't mean to sound negative or demanding, just thoughts is all.
    ...that and stir craziness waiting for more stuff to get revealed.  :p

EDIT: Oh, and to be clear (since it otherwise sounds like a tall order), I'm not saying 2 or 3 pictures of each zone in each newsletter!  I mean more like just 2-3 pictures in the newsletter from whatever you guys felt like taking pictures of that month.

...although I feel like a lot of clos up pictures of things that are so zoomed in no one can tell what they are.  "Is that a tree?  I'm pretty sure that's a tree." "No!  It's obviously a rock...or maybe part of a boat."

It could even be the new feature: "Guess that picture!"

This post was edited by Renathras at August 12, 2017 1:47 AM PDT
    • 278 posts
    August 12, 2017 2:51 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Roenick said:

Bazgrim said:

Lynn Ashworth, first of her name, Breaker of Men (and women), Cracker of Whip, Keeper of Joppa, Aradune whisperer, Protector of the Meatball, Queen of Skype, Mother of Cats.

Do you secretly call her Mom ? :=) as she has a pretty large bunch of "teens" to look after that is.

• 221 posts
    August 12, 2017 7:33 AM PDT

He forgot Queen of Sass

• 3016 posts
    August 12, 2017 8:44 AM PDT

Sounds good to me,  "Mom" keeps you guys in line hehehe

• 151 posts
    August 12, 2017 10:13 AM PDT
    I echo Renathras disappointment for updates of progress especially in a monthly newsletter except I don't care if it looks like eq1.
    • 9115 posts
    August 12, 2017 6:10 PM PDT

Stratoz said:

Kilsin said:

Roenick said:

Bazgrim said:

Do you secretly call her Mom ? :=) as she has a pretty large bunch of "teens" to look after that is.

Lol, sure why not :D

• 166 posts
    August 13, 2017 8:31 AM PDT

Well, while I like to read something about the devs making the game, I was also  a bit disappointed with the last news letter. I expected to maybe get some informations on crafting, just some pieces out of the VIP round table for example. Or if not about crafting at least some other informations about the game itself.

I suppose the boring stuff which is done at the moment is coding the AI tools that were mentioned in the july newsletter and maybe some other tools to build the game. I understand that there are more reasons not to talk about this part of the development, but there are so much other things left. Talk a bit about the lore or talk more about already seen game mechanics like the perception system or just share some ideas on not yet done systems, etc.

Maybe a good idea to at least give us every newsletter a bit of fresh information would be the following. Why not answer one community question each newsletter. Either let us vote one question out of a pool or just let the person who is in the community spotlight ask one. Of course with the option for you developers to always say, no not this question, please get another one. Or to say, yes the core of this question is pretty good, but we might change it a bit to fit better.

And the answer don't need to be pages of information, surrounded with nice pictures, just one small paragraph of text.

Don't get me wrong I still think Pantheon will be the best MMORPG for the last x years and I'm still confident you guys are doing your best to make it great, but because of the long wait a few informations now and then would be really nice. And as you already said you are planing something I belive in you to give us something great, Kilsin :)

• 9115 posts
    August 13, 2017 5:39 PM PDT

Landbert said:

Well, while I like to read something about the devs making the game, I was also  a bit disappointed with the last news letter. I expected to maybe get some informations on crafting, just some pieces out of the VIP round table for example. Or if not about crafting at least some other informations about the game itself.

I suppose the boring stuff which is done at the moment is coding the AI tools that were mentioned in the july newsletter and maybe some other tools to build the game. I understand that there are more reasons not to talk about this part of the development, but there are so much other things left. Talk a bit about the lore or talk more about already seen game mechanics like the perception system or just share some ideas on not yet done systems, etc.

Maybe a good idea to at least give us every newsletter a bit of fresh information would be the following. Why not answer one community question each newsletter. Either let us vote one question out of a pool or just let the person who is in the community spotlight ask one. Of course with the option for you developers to always say, no not this question, please get another one. Or to say, yes the core of this question is pretty good, but we might change it a bit to fit better.

And the answer don't need to be pages of information, surrounded with nice pictures, just one small paragraph of text.

Don't get me wrong I still think Pantheon will be the best MMORPG for the last x years and I'm still confident you guys are doing your best to make it great, but because of the long wait a few informations now and then would be really nice. And as you already said you are planing something I belive in you to give us something great, Kilsin :)

As I posted in another thread, we have updates coming in future newsletters my friend, they will be small but we will try to include some key points as to what we are currently working on.

• 34 posts
    August 13, 2017 11:56 PM PDT

Awesome looking poster, are we going to get some more gameplay videos soon please.

• 2886 posts
    August 14, 2017 5:49 AM PDT

Tristar said:

are we going to get some more gameplay videos soon please.

Not likely, but that's actually kinda a good thing - everyone is busy getting ready for Pre-Alpha.

• 34 posts
    August 15, 2017 12:14 PM PDT

Good luck with it. I wish I could afford the Alpha but I am happy enough with the beta when it comes.

• 4 posts
    August 15, 2017 7:13 PM PDT

Bazgrim said:

Tristar said:

are we going to get some more gameplay videos soon please.

Not likely, but that's actually kinda a good thing - everyone is busy getting ready for Pre-Alpha.

I wouldn't mind a monthly live stream, even if it's the same stuff. Same for images!

• 1399 posts
    September 12, 2017 6:55 AM PDT

** Checks the date**

**Looks arround**

**Checks the date again**

• 2886 posts
    September 12, 2017 7:30 AM PDT

Zorkon said:

** Checks the date**

**Looks arround**

What are you looking for? :P the newsletter usually drops on the second Wednesday of the month, which would be tomorrow haha. Although looks like the August one arrived on the second Thursday, so it'll get here when it gets here lol

• 1399 posts
    September 12, 2017 9:45 AM PDT

Bazgrim said:

Zorkon said:

** Checks the date**

**Looks arround**

What are you looking for? :P the newsletter usually drops on the second Wednesday of the month, which would be tomorrow haha. Although looks like the August one arrived on the second Thursday, so it'll get here when it gets here lol

Apperantly I'm looking for patience.

Edit spelling

This post was edited by Zorkon at September 12, 2017 11:24 AM PDT
    • 643 posts
    September 12, 2017 9:56 AM PDT

Zorkon said:

Apperantly I'm looking for patients.

Are you opening a cleric practice?

• 62 posts
    September 12, 2017 10:06 AM PDT

Bazgrim said:

Zorkon said:

** Checks the date**

**Looks arround**

Actually the Newsletter used to drop on the 2nd Tuesday of every month when it first started. Then it was kinda changed to the 2nd Tuesday/Wednesday because there were a few times when it was published late and not on Tuesday. Now it's more like sometime during the 2nd week of the month as you noted August's was on a Thursday. For the record, I'm just like Zorkon though and start looking on Tuesday because I'm anxious for any new info to digest. That being said, I know it will get here when it gets here.