Forums » News and Announcements

August's Newsletter Is Hot Off The Press!

• 9115 posts
    August 9, 2017 11:36 PM PDT

Meet three of our amazing VR Team Members, laugh at our Patch Notes Caption Contest, download some beautiful promo images from Comic-Con and as always, get to know one of our awesome community members in this August Newsletter. Check it out.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at August 9, 2017 11:43 PM PDT
    • 255 posts
    August 10, 2017 1:09 AM PDT

Love all the posters.

Can we buy them professionally printed out?? I can only seem to get them at 756x1080.

This post was edited by Boulda at August 10, 2017 1:24 AM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    August 10, 2017 3:18 AM PDT

Boulda said:

Love all the posters.

Can we buy them professionally printed out?? I can only seem to get them at 756x1080.

Not at the moment, we have some ideas around this but are still thinking them through, so I am not sure if we will sell them yet mate.

• 1468 posts
    August 10, 2017 4:31 AM PDT

Thanks for the newsletter. Looks good :).

• 255 posts
    August 10, 2017 4:49 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Boulda said:

Love all the posters.

Not at the moment, we have some ideas around this but are still thinking them through, so I am not sure if we will sell them yet mate.

But aren't they supposed to be 4K? (thats what it says under the image) I would take it to K-Mart or Big W to print..

• 523 posts
    August 10, 2017 6:30 AM PDT

Did work on the game get paused for several months?  There's been not even a hint of a discussion on development advancement since the last stream four or five months ago.  I think everyone can be patient, to some degree, but it sure would be nice if you guys would put in your monthly letter what you've worked on for the last month.  I don't understand at all what the silenece is all about unless significant work was not getting done and you guys hit a wall.  The total secracy is definitely a major turnoff.  Transparency and communication was a goal I thought.  When did that change?  If this game is targeted for a 2020 or later release, like it seems, you should announce that, I think it would alleviate some of the frustration at being kept in the dark despite early investment in the game.  

• 3016 posts
    August 10, 2017 7:43 AM PDT

Oh love those posters, well done, and its nice to get to know more of the Pantheon team who are busy building everything behind the scenes.    Again thank you for all you do. :)

Cana

• 9115 posts
    August 10, 2017 8:06 AM PDT

Boulda said:

Kilsin said:

Boulda said:

Love all the posters.

But aren't they supposed to be 4K? (thats what it says under the image) I would take it to K-Mart or Big W to print..

Sadly these ones in the newsletter are not 4k, we made a mistake putting 4k tags under them and will be removing the 4k tags shortly. We have originals though, we just need to work a few things out.

• 9115 posts
    August 10, 2017 8:14 AM PDT

Mathir said:

Did work on the game get paused for several months?  There's been not even a hint of a discussion on development advancement since the last stream four or five months ago.  I think everyone can be patient, to some degree, but it sure would be nice if you guys would put in your monthly letter what you've worked on for the last month.  I don't understand at all what the silenece is all about unless significant work was not getting done and you guys hit a wall.  The total secracy is definitely a major turnoff.  Transparency and communication was a goal I thought.  When did that change?  If this game is targeted for a 2020 or later release, like it seems, you should announce that, I think it would alleviate some of the frustration at being kept in the dark despite early investment in the game.  

Nope, full steam ahead like normal but it is typical in MMORPG development cycles to have months at a time without updates while we work on big systems, features, mechanics and background code or things that are fundamental to the game but don't have any visual progress to show off. We have some big things in the works and they are not ready to be shown off to the public yet, you will have to be patient for a little longer I am afraid.

• 9115 posts
    August 10, 2017 8:15 AM PDT

CanadinaXegony said:

Oh love those posters, well done, and its nice to get to know more of the Pantheon team who are busy building everything behind the scenes.    Again thank you for all you do. :)

Cana

Glad you like them Cana, I personally love the posters, I want them all for my home office! :D

• 1468 posts
    August 10, 2017 8:17 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

CanadinaXegony said:

Cana

Glad you like them Cana, I personally love the posters, I want them all for my home office! :D

I'd love a poster or two to put in my study. Not sure where you can get images like that printed properly round here though.

• 626 posts
    August 10, 2017 8:38 AM PDT

Really cool posters!

This post was edited by Reignborn at August 10, 2017 8:38 AM PDT
    • 2752 posts
    August 10, 2017 9:29 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

some beautiful promo images from Comic-Con

Hey Kilsin, just curious as to why you guys went with the Dark Myr art that has the flukes/tail? My understanding of the lore is that those in the game no longer have such a thing.

This post was edited by Iksar at August 10, 2017 9:30 AM PDT
    • 399 posts
    August 10, 2017 11:31 AM PDT

Cromulent said:

Kilsin said:

CanadinaXegony said:

Cana

I'd love a poster or two to put in my study. Not sure where you can get images like that printed properly round here though.

There are quite a few programs out there that will render these close to original quality to be able to print full size. The best known I guess is Genuine Fractals, now called On1. Here's a link. 

www.on1.com%2fproducts%2fresize10%2f/RK=1/RS=PYIh9lVnuQZjolXX1oaSJKgoHCQ-" target="_blank">ON1 Resize 10.5 – ON1, Inc.

• 1468 posts
    August 10, 2017 11:36 AM PDT

Durp said:

Cromulent said:

Kilsin said:

CanadinaXegony said:

Cana

There are quite a few programs out there that will render these close to original quality to be able to print full size. The best known I guess is Genuine Fractals, now called On1. Here's a link. 

www.on1.com%2fproducts%2fresize10%2f/RK=1/RS=PYIh9lVnuQZjolXX1oaSJKgoHCQ-" target="_blank">ON1 Resize 10.5 – ON1, Inc.

Ah, nice. Thanks for the link :). I'll check them out.

• 219 posts
    August 10, 2017 6:05 PM PDT
    Ack!

I get the "win hearts and minds" stuff that goes with promoting and marketing and all that...but I would like to see more of the GAME. :) I would kill (figuratively) for more class reveals, for example. Not even iconic ability, just getting the rest of those one sentence blurbs fleshed out into three paragraph overviews. Surely you guys have an overview idea of what you plan for each class at this point? Hell, I'll write some for you if you want! :p

I honestly don't mind seeing "non-visible progress". As much as I like you guys, all the spotlights and interviews are nice and all, but can we get more pictures of the game? XD

I mean, am I crazy to ask for that?

...okay, maybe I am a little crazy, but not for that. :)

Though I do like the pictures/posters. It'd also be cool to see new pictures of the races (those are, what, two years old?) Maybe even other genders of the multi-gender races (female Human, male Halfling, etc)?

But yeah, I like updates and newsletters, just...I dunno, maybe I am a little crazy. :)
    • 9115 posts
    August 10, 2017 6:27 PM PDT

Renathras said: Ack! I get the "win hearts and minds" stuff that goes with promoting and marketing and all that...but I would like to see more of the GAME. :) I would kill (figuratively) for more class reveals, for example. Not even iconic ability, just getting the rest of those one sentence blurbs fleshed out into three paragraph overviews. Surely you guys have an overview idea of what you plan for each class at this point? Hell, I'll write some for you if you want! :p I honestly don't mind seeing "non-visible progress". As much as I like you guys, all the spotlights and interviews are nice and all, but can we get more pictures of the game? XD I mean, am I crazy to ask for that? ...okay, maybe I am a little crazy, but not for that. :) . Though I do like the pictures/posters. It'd also be cool to see new pictures of the races (those are, what, two years old?) Maybe even other genders of the multi-gender races (female Human, male Halfling, etc)? But yeah, I like updates and newsletters, just...I dunno, maybe I am a little crazy. :)

We understand Renathras but as I posted above, when we have updates like that we will post them without hesitation but MMORPGs take a long time to make and not every update or progress has visual or measurable progress to show off, some of the boring stuff (not boring to us - and it is also usually the most important stuff) is code and infrastructure changes, so in the meantime we use these newsletters to reach out from the team and show off a range of things from new staff, getting to know the team members who work hard on the game, artwork, CM content, community members, interviews, screenshots etc. until we have something big to announce but those announcements at this stage of development can be slow going, unfortunately, while the team works hard on getting the game ready for pre-alpha.

Please remember we revealed the Monk and hosted a double stream with CohhCarnage with some nice updates at the end of April/beginning of May, just a few months ago, so while we love showing off our work and giving updates, right now, the focus is on getting the game ready for pre-alpha testing so we can get you folks in and get your help and feedback on a lot of things, until then, we will release what is available to us, my friend.

• 294 posts
    August 10, 2017 7:47 PM PDT

The Dwarf looks like Yarnilla to me.

Nice choice if it was intentional.

• 2 posts
    August 10, 2017 9:29 PM PDT

Could the newsletter include the status of game development?  Or am I looking in the wrong place for this type of info?

• 9115 posts
    August 10, 2017 11:34 PM PDT

Buddha said:

Could the newsletter include the status of game development?  Or am I looking in the wrong place for this type of info?

We are looking at adding some form of monthly update going forward, it just wasn't ready in time to make this newsletter. ;)

• 1399 posts
    August 11, 2017 5:35 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Buddha said:

We are looking at adding some form of monthly update going forward, it just wasn't ready in time to make this newsletter. ;)

Very good to hear! 

/cheer

• 2886 posts
    August 11, 2017 6:15 AM PDT

Nice newsletter! I think Lynn Ashworth deserves more recognition.

And I'm proud that Kumu and I are repping the forums in the caption contest :P

• 2138 posts
    August 11, 2017 6:27 AM PDT

For fun, I "read into" the newsletter with my own biases and assumptions based only on my flights of fancy that are not real.

This is what I read into the newsletter: There were two Race reveals and a Class reveal.

No really. You have to read between the lines. Sierra is clearly a halfing and so is Benjamin, but Benjamin is a halfling bard!. The creation of a formalized customer relations/support area/team implies to me a ramping-up closer to "pre-alpha" as a customer support/relations team will need to be in place to handle the unwashed masses once the game is in full swing. 

and Lynn is a SKAR! don't you see it? Gannt charts!= Skar, Skar, Skar!

• 255 posts
    August 11, 2017 12:16 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Boulda said:

Sadly these ones in the newsletter are not 4k, we made a mistake putting 4k tags under them and will be removing the 4k tags shortly. We have originals though, we just need to work a few things out.

Thanks for the reply.

This post was edited by Boulda at August 11, 2017 12:18 PM PDT
    • VR Staff
    • 167 posts
    August 11, 2017 1:39 PM PDT

Bazgrim said:

I think Lynn Ashworth deserves more recognition.

Lynn Ashworth, first of her name, Breaker of Men (and women), Cracker of Whip, Keeper of Joppa, Aradune whisperer, Protector of the Meatball, Queen of Skype, Mother of Cats.

This post was edited by Roenick at August 11, 2017 1:42 PM PDT