Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

How messy is your bank?

• 801 posts
    August 10, 2017 8:05 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

How do you manage your bank space, do you meticulously arrange everything in order or is it a big mess that takes you hours to find anything? #PRF

Most of the time, we have to sort and organize everything. The same applies to bags etc..

1. We need auto combine features in both the bank and in the bags.

2. We need stacking of sizes 100 most times. 20 or 5 stacks just drive people nuts.

3. smaller coins are always traded in, to larger dominations.

4. Icons are some times rehashed graphics that seem to be the same, confusing etc.

5. Mouse over is a good feature for us.

• 257 posts
    August 16, 2017 4:38 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

How do you manage your bank space, do you meticulously arrange everything in order or is it a big mess that takes you hours to find anything? #PRF

Alts. Lots of alts. There is never enough bank space - especially with the way some games handle currencies and collectables.

• 2419 posts
    August 16, 2017 4:46 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

I'm quite OCD with my bank space.  Certain bags for this, other bags for that and everything ordered in a certain way.  Same with bags I carry.  They are always in certain carry slots on certain hotbar keys.

• 6 posts
    August 16, 2017 6:21 PM PDT

My bank was such a mess, when I logged on to my old EQ1 Cleric, my wife insisted that she organize it before I play.

• 17 posts
    August 20, 2017 1:09 PM PDT

I can honestly say I am VERY anal about my bank space, bags or any other kind of item holds, when in a guild or whatnot, I have always been the one to spend hours re-organizing the guild bank/vault, which has never been an issue, as once I have been granted permissions, I am generally taken as one of the most trustworth members of the group..have even held the title of 'Guild Banker' as granted full permissions to the bank itself, while not being in an officer position.

If only I had this same kind of obesession with my own place... T.T Confession time, I am a total SLOB IRL! (house work can take a long walk off a short pier >.> - That said I hate surprise visists, thats a NO NO!)

• 85 posts
    August 20, 2017 5:20 PM PDT

Organized chaos.  I try, I really do.  It just gets away from me sometimes.  :)

*edit - typo

This post was edited by Sylee at August 20, 2017 5:21 PM PDT
    • 24 posts
    August 22, 2017 11:43 AM PDT

I can never kept it clean and tidy, it takes too much time to keep it clean.  When you need to dump stuff in the the bank quickly cause the group is waiting on you for example.

In EQ1 I had to create a GUI program in Java so that I could find anything fast.  In EQ1 they had a command line tool that would dump the contents of your bank, inventory and guild bank into a flat file on disk.  My program then took that file and loaded it into a database so that I could search for stuff. This did not violate the EULA cause it only read the flat file.

This allowed me to search with wild card patterns and also be able to see stats and descriptions.  The stats and descriptions was from a web site that allowed you to download a file of all items currently found by players. It had some draw backs, like having to refresh the flat file when you added or removed stuff from your bank but it worked well for me.

Anyway hopefully Pantheon has the same type of command line tool so that I can do the same.

• 151 posts
    August 22, 2017 4:09 PM PDT
    Shared bank slots and coinage slots like eq2
    • 28 posts
    August 28, 2017 3:07 AM PDT

When it gets really messy i'll do a "spring clean". Personally if there is no auto sort I always liked some form of remote access for sorting/checking bank (but not item access obviously) so you can use some free downtime.. nice QOL feature.

• 267 posts
    August 28, 2017 6:31 PM PDT

My bank goes through phases.. Phase 1 is just throw everything in and forget its there until the next time you are throwing more stuff in. Phase 2 ussually happens as bags start to get added. Slowly but surely my stuf starts clumping together in like bags just because thats how I end up tossing them into my bank, a bunch of similar items all together. Phase 3 typically happens the first time I hit the cap in my bank on the number of items where I can't find/get bigger bags and I'm officially out of room. Its at this point I typically spend an hour or more vender trashing junk, grouping together crafting items, quest items, old equipment, and other things, typically organized based loosely on how phase 2 started to already clump together (so i can still sort of find things) at which point a system tends to form that becomes a standard practice for me from then on.

• 801 posts
    August 30, 2017 2:02 AM PDT

Maybe we should ask kilsin, if no porting around how many banks will be around the map?

I can see all 1500 of us hugging the nearest bank teller :)

Hey wait "Isnt that Kilsin, sitting on the floor blocking the way?" -report kilsin your too fat =D

I do believe this is how trains where created in the first place. How can we train the guy in the door way.

This post was edited by Crazzie at August 30, 2017 2:04 AM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    August 30, 2017 3:37 AM PDT

Crazzie said:

Maybe we should ask kilsin, if no porting around how many banks will be around the map?

I can see all 1500 of us hugging the nearest bank teller :)

Hey wait "Isnt that Kilsin, sitting on the floor blocking the way?" -report kilsin your too fat =D

I do believe this is how trains where created in the first place. How can we train the guy in the door way.

Lol, I don't know how many banks there will be at this stage my friend but the team won't make it a pain in the butt to store items. :)

• 189 posts
    August 30, 2017 6:33 AM PDT

Organized > messy > neat-ish > messy again > re-oragnized (because it took me WAY too long to find something) > still semi-organized (was in a tad bit of a rush) > messy as a teenagers room (obviously I had no time to bother).

I guess it just depends how good the content is and whether I need to rush myself out of the safe town I'm in for more adventures or if I have an AFK break to take my time to re-organize stuff again ;)

• 175 posts
    August 30, 2017 7:35 AM PDT

I'm a very ordered person, so can't have the bank and inventory all messy. Even have to make sure the bags are lined up and squared with each other. I've never really minded doing this outside of dealing with all the trash loot.

WoW had an addon that let you auto-organize your bags based on item type. As much as I liked that for WoW, I'd rather not have it in Pantheon. So much of these MMOs have done away with the small trivialities. Taking away the small details really messes with the feeling of the world. It goes from something you're a part of to something you're just playing around with.

• 155 posts
    September 9, 2017 3:02 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Feyshtey said:

One word : Trainwreck. 

Once it becomes wholly unmanageable I'll spend some time trying to make some sense of it. But its usually pretty chaotic. 

Hahaha! Mine always start off OCD clean but I literally hit one dungeon up come back and it is a trainwreck that usually turns into organised chaos until I spend a few hours every couple of months doing a big clean out, it is a neverending cycle in every game I play! lol :D

hah Pretty much that way here as well ! 

Organized chaos : Def;  Male ability to actualy see clearer and be more effective in searching for stuff around , untill a woman **** it all up because it doesnt look pretty !

• 21 posts
    September 11, 2017 1:03 AM PDT

1. Has to be organised. Sometimes I will hit the auto-combine/arrange button at least 2-3 times in 1 look at my bank/bag. I would rather have set places for everything that i manually arrange, but as soon as i pick somethign up it throws it all off so over time i just know the general location of auto arrange and just use that. I have a speed and efficiency OCD so having to look around all the time for something hits a big nerve. 

2. What really grinds my gears is when icons are similar colors, shapes, and all bubbly looking so everything looks basically the same at a quick glance......... Just nooooo. I forget what the disorder is called where colors and shapes that are similar run together, but im pretty sure I have that. Put too many similar shaped adn colored objects beside each other and it takes about 50 blinks to not look like a big mass of 1 polygon. 

3. Stacks of 100...... or less. At least 1000 minimum. Why nobody has made infinite stacking is beyond me. I get the whole backpack/satchel limit thematical thing.... but like in a bank, really? Why would I need to have 50 stacks of 100 things taking up slots or 5 stacks of 1000, or even 3 stacks of 10000 when I could just have 1 stack of 30000000000 and seperate as needed. Everything being in 1 nice neat spot so i dont have 50 slots taken up by the same thing and have to dump all of the resources I have gathered just cause i can't stack more than 100 or 1000 of the item and im out fo slots. 

Idea: items stack infinetly, at the very least in banks. Even armor/weapons/etc.

• 1778 posts
    September 11, 2017 10:24 AM PDT
    Dont look! DONT LOOK!!!!!
    • 3016 posts
    September 14, 2017 8:27 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Tres messy!!  I'm a packrat..I save EVERYTHING...in case I need it or someone else needs it.     I just revisited my 18 year old character on Xegony...bank is full inventory is full, every backpack and wooden chest is full.     Had a look through all my "stuffs"    I have no clue what some things are for..or why I thought I should save them  hehehe

Cana