Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

How messy is your bank?

• 399 posts
    August 7, 2017 11:14 AM PDT

Like many before have mentioned, I too like to keep things organized in the bank.  I keep seperate bags per trade skill such as jewel crafting, tailoring, brewing, baking etc. and if I run out of bank space, I create an alt for just that specialty/skill (I guess that's a "have to" in PRotF). I also keep bags for different quests, illusions, collectables, cool things, things to sell and more. 

In addition, all bank slots and inventory slots are opened on my screen neatly so I can have everything open at the same time in order to see everything and move stuff around easily.

Lastly, I spend whatever time necessary at the end of each adventure re-organizing my bags in the bank and change my small money into big money.  Then I set up my personal bags with things to sell so that next time I log in and can't immediatly find a group, I can go sell stuff.

• 2138 posts
    August 7, 2017 11:30 AM PDT

It's almost become a snarky meme.

Someone once said to me " Sometimes I don't like playing the inventory management "mini-game"" and I had never heard of it reffered to as a mini-game before, hence the snarky quality of their comment.

I kind of agree. I do organize my bank once and then again sporadically  but it depends on having empty spaces in the bag if you have things organized by bag in the... uh... mini game. Once you run out of room you have to smear over into others.

New expansions and new things are awkward, and no time to use up the old stuff. Good argument for expansions to come out every 2 years, not every 6 months, I need to find a few non-adventuring days in order to use up all my tradeskill stuff on the old recipes- otherwise I'll just keep[ packing it in- almost cannot get ahead of it- heh. And weapons and armor! sheesh I cant use it, might as well give it away or at least sell it to a merchant- whaddayamean inflation- you dont have bag space issues? on this hypothetical one character, one account, TLC and No Drop ruleset? 

Top down by slot doesnt work either, unless you move all items down a slot- Like I used to do in my spell book. click-pop, click-pop untill all are moved over a page- and memorize the new. Not only do I feal another level higher, but also a year older, ha ha. 

Or even by category, hoping the blank pages you left before one category and after, are enough to move the old spells in when you get new ones; click-pop the older ones down and put the old ones in their place. 

However, It does help in level restricted buffs, but no points are given for you casting it in record time just by doing a who and finding out their level when they have asked for buffs and not mentioned their level. Nor is the mage who said " you're too low" punished in some obscure and karmic way for not being able to do what another mage could do by finding the level appropriate buff in record time without being asked by doing a who on the oddly spelled characters name of the lowbie asking for buffs, probably because THEY did not have their spell book so configured .....in this mini-game?

• 399 posts
    August 7, 2017 11:36 AM PDT

Hah Manouk, I am one of those who also organizes spells, and yes, sometimes I do have to move them pages at a time. But yeah, there's no right way or wrong way; there's only your way and that's the only way it works.  (I hate people who try to organize my messy desk.. dammit... I know where everything is and belongs right?)

• 125 posts
    August 7, 2017 1:17 PM PDT

Chaos... until I begrudgingly give in and spend as little time as I can pretending to straighten it out and telling myself its good enough. 

This post was edited by Aatu at August 7, 2017 4:31 PM PDT
    • 15 posts
    August 7, 2017 1:30 PM PDT

I'm a bit of an organizer in real life, but I rather dislike managing my inventory and bank in game. I'm probably going to get boo'ed at a little here, but I'm all for UIs (or addons), that help me with this process. Every game I've ever played where I can install addons, inventory management are the first I search out. I'm talking about things that make life a little easier, such as the ability to search your bags (or the bank when you are at it). This way if things are a mess and you can't take the time to organize everything then you can find what you need. An UI/addon element that has made my life a little easier in the past are ones that, when clicked, will throw anything in my bag into the bank that already has a partial stack going. Also, when you loot something, have it automatically go into a partial stack if you have it, but this is pretty standard in most games now.

Even with things above like this exist, or even more extensive elements exist such as auto selling of known useless junk or auto bag organizers, managing inventory is still a fairly time consuming process. I know my process cycles through at most a couple of play sessoins. Go adventure, got to town and sell when bags are full, organize them a bit, and then adventure again. Rinse and repeat until my bags are feeling too full after I sell. Then I pop over to the bank, deposit, organize according to type of item/tradeskill etc...Then I go on a crafting, vendor, and auction spree. Basically clearing out everything I can so I can then start all over. Honestly though I like crafting so that part is fun, but I'm not a huge fan of trying to post stuff to sell that I know I should not vendor.

Either way, I'm sure VR plans to make inventory management as painless as what seems feasible and based on what their player base wants. However, I for one, hope there will be some help managing it all.

This post was edited by Elemenohpe at August 7, 2017 1:37 PM PDT
    • 35 posts
    August 7, 2017 1:57 PM PDT

I try my best to keep bags and banks organized. It gives me simple pleasure, a small dose of dopamine I presume.

• 220 posts
    August 7, 2017 3:56 PM PDT

A smart auto-sort, with simple filters, would make dis Necro alittle less gloomy.  I have thrown away countless hours trying to micro manage inventory space of all kinds. 

/snarkmode on

Micromanagement: Inventory Edition is not my favorite.

/snarkmode off

• 294 posts
    August 7, 2017 4:28 PM PDT

My bank and bags are always full. Tis the bane of my existance.

I do however like to organize things from time to time so that I might have a clue where to find stuff when I need something.

A tag that says "new" or something like that is helpful when something is recently placed into my bag. Gives me a heads-up on where to look for that item of awesomeness that I have hoplessly lost in the folds of a backpack.

Great question Kilsin.

• 62 posts
    August 7, 2017 4:48 PM PDT

I'd go for long periods of time with "acceptable loss" to my character's AC by going over the weight limit for a monk. I always think everything will be useful someday. Why would devs put in "junk items" that are lore and can't even be sold? Yes, well... They did and I carried them for no reason. My bank was cluttered with bags full of such items. Every once in a very long while, I'd find out an item was used for a ranger quest or something, realize I knew no rangers, then destroyed the no-drop item. The bank was a very organized place, but my friends and family did not like waiting for me to mess with it. Same with vendors in-game and record shops IRL. 8b

I'm a huge fan of auto-sorting and having bags that vacuum up loot differently. The outlining or perhaps labeling of your newest items would be very useful -- great idea Klumpedge!

• 103 posts
    August 7, 2017 5:32 PM PDT

I usually just put my junk in my banks when I don't need it but still might need it some time in the future. However, I just recently organized my Legacy bank in SWTOR for the first time ever :P

• 542 posts
    August 7, 2017 7:07 PM PDT

Constantly managing the bank ,but only when I pass by to keep it uncluttered.
    I don't like to dedicate all my time to it,but want to maintain a clear overview at the same time
    Items with unknown purpose often bring a little chaos into it
    Others might scratch their eyes out after browsing my bankspace
    But it is neat to me

The setup is something like this:

Boosters

Raw Materials

Finished crafts/potions etc

Components
    -half finished tradeskill items
    -half finished quest items
    -key parts

Food
    Will there be decay?

Collection
    -Artifacts
    -Items that might help alts
    -Rare components
    -Rare item with unkown purpose

Wouldn't mind to have a deranged halfling manage my bank after banktab categories are assigned to each tab.
    If foods are to decay.I'd love to tag them as donatable item for causes I want to support

Research field might be cool too.Where you can get hints about items and discover new ways to combine certain items

• 3237 posts
    August 7, 2017 9:13 PM PDT

Would like to see shinies (collectible quest items in EQ2) in Pantheon and have them be tied into Perception somehow.

This post was edited by oneADseven at August 7, 2017 9:13 PM PDT
    • 8 posts
    August 8, 2017 12:31 AM PDT

My bags and bank are very organized, bordering on OCD organized :P So if you can implement a bank where you have one section for tradeskill stuff and one for other stuff I would be a very happy camper ;)

• 422 posts
    August 8, 2017 4:51 AM PDT

How do I manage my bank? I don't. My bank in EQ currently is a massive cluster $@!%.

What I wouldn't give for some kind of sort function. Even if it was just alphabetical. Anything to allow for some kind of broad easy arrangement of items.

• 36 posts
    August 8, 2017 5:20 AM PDT

Generally chaos, but I wish there was another option.  How nice would it be to be able to not only name bags, but to categorize them, then have tiems dropped into an auto bank section go into the correctly categorized bag?  Perhaps have an overflow area for when certain categories are full?  Also, a search box for your bank similiar to what's done in most auction houses would be nice as well. Again, especially if you can do this by category.  Categories could include Tradeskills stuff, then break down to specific trade skills (metal working vs tailoring). 

Also, I don't remember if banks are going to be linked or not, but if they are not we should at least be able to get a list of what we have at each bank when we go to one, so that we know where we need to go to get what we're looking for.

• 112 posts
    August 8, 2017 5:25 AM PDT

I am OCD about my bank space. Organized by Type, class, item level, color coded.  I like being able to reach in and grab what I need without hunting for it.  That being said, a great quality of life would be a good filter/sort function for bank space.  

• 999 posts
    August 8, 2017 5:44 AM PDT

Organized Chaos, which translates to most things I do.  I could figure it out, but good luck if anyone else tries haha.

• 189 posts
    August 8, 2017 8:20 AM PDT
    I used to go as far as taking a screen shot of my bank bags so I knew what was in there whilst out harvesting/foraging.
    • 16 posts
    August 8, 2017 9:33 AM PDT

I like to keep bank organized. I also like to hang on to certain items like rare or meaningful loot even after I out grow them so I sure hope bank an inventory space is plentiful.

• 16 posts
    August 8, 2017 9:33 AM PDT

I like to keep bank organized. I also like to hang on to certain items like rare or meaningful loot even after I out grow them so I sure hope bank and inventory space is plentiful.

This post was edited by Ricky at August 8, 2017 9:36 AM PDT
    • 563 posts
    August 8, 2017 10:29 AM PDT

I like to try to keep my bank and bags sorted and tidy, grouping quest items together, various materials and components together etc. I also like to hold onto a lot of gear that I like the look of, as well as oddities that may have no purpose outside of flavour items.

• 454 posts
    August 8, 2017 11:38 AM PDT

Sometimes when I'm not feeling social, I sort my bank inventory.  I like having a couple of bank slots where I can move stuff around from character to character.  There. Are times when it's really a fun time for me to organize my stuff.  Other times i just throw stuff into a bag and run.

• 126 posts
    August 8, 2017 12:13 PM PDT

Most definitely a trainwreck like mentioned at the top of this topic.

What I would like to see is a button on each bank/backpack that would allow you to direct what type of items end up there if you auto loot and an overall "Organized" button. This would be very similar to what they have in WoW.  Yes I know that's a dirty word but it works there.

• 17 posts
    August 8, 2017 2:52 PM PDT

Every toad skin and donkey eyeball is specail. Each rusty kobold sword just needs a little poloish, I will put these orgainzed into my bank until I get around to makeing use of them. 

I may have a lot but I know where every item goes. What do you mean I am out of room and can not buy any more bank slots.......

P.S. My bank or (alt banks) may get full but if my bags that I carry around get cluttered I freak out, where can I buy a packmule?

• 33 posts
    August 10, 2017 6:27 AM PDT

I try to keep my bank as organized as I can, but generally it becomes an organized mess. I can usually find what I want pretty quickly since I know how I organized it, but if there is an auto-sort feature and I accidentally hit that, I'm toast!