Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

How messy is your bank?

• 9115 posts
    August 7, 2017 3:54 AM PDT

How do you manage your bank space, do you meticulously arrange everything in order or is it a big mess that takes you hours to find anything? #PRF

• 1303 posts
    August 7, 2017 3:56 AM PDT

One word : Trainwreck. 

Once it becomes wholly unmanageable I'll spend some time trying to make some sense of it. But its usually pretty chaotic. 

This post was edited by Feyshtey at August 7, 2017 3:57 AM PDT
    • 38 posts
    August 7, 2017 4:27 AM PDT

Banks have always just been an item dump for me, deposit and forget. 

• 624 posts
    August 7, 2017 4:44 AM PDT

Organize personal backpacks so I can easily handle things on the go, but the bank is often chaotic. In too many games / test environments inventory would random scramble at the most inconvenient times so I just got used to rummaging - surprise! That's where I left my soggy sandals, right next to the fine cheese...

I do appreciate it when things stay put, and even more so when you can label bags/boxes.

• 793 posts
    August 7, 2017 5:03 AM PDT

I little of both. I tend to organize to some degree as time permits, but stuff gets thrown in, in a rush, until the next cleaning.

• 4 posts
    August 7, 2017 5:15 AM PDT

I like to orginize everything... OCD issues kick in even in games...

• 40 posts
    August 7, 2017 5:26 AM PDT

Like to keep it organised. So hope we get to label containers to suit our needs :D

• 24 posts
    August 7, 2017 6:14 AM PDT

Bags and bank organized.

Not during adventuring tho, but i usually go into town and organize bags and bank after a playsession. If that isnt possible i'll do it at the start of of new session.

I started doing that after having a friend i played with who needed breaks all the time because he couldnt find something, complaining he didnt have that item (while i was sure he did because i was there when he got it - questitems etc) or because he needed to sell stuff, rumaging through his bags for a long time because he couldnt decide what to sell and what to keep, but desperatly needed some space in his bags. It annoyed me so much that i promised myself to never make such a nuisance of myself and ever since i keep stuff organized.

• 12 posts
    August 7, 2017 6:16 AM PDT
    I have to organize it! Quests pieces in one bag, tradeskills in another, stuff i usually sell in shared bank for easy access, etc....
    The funny thing is that i am not like this in real life, my girlfriend can barely get me to do my own laundry! Haha

One time I remember, logging into my friends druid to port someone! I should have not opened his bags.... Needless to say, the 2 minute port quickly turned into 20 minutes of me organizing.

Not sure why i get so much enjoyment out of it, but i will always be that way!

-Chubtoad
    • 9115 posts
    August 7, 2017 6:32 AM PDT

Feyshtey said:

One word : Trainwreck. 

Once it becomes wholly unmanageable I'll spend some time trying to make some sense of it. But its usually pretty chaotic. 

Hahaha! Mine always start off OCD clean but I literally hit one dungeon up come back and it is a trainwreck that usually turns into organised chaos until I spend a few hours every couple of months doing a big clean out, it is a neverending cycle in every game I play! lol :D

• 2886 posts
    August 7, 2017 6:55 AM PDT

Like Tharca, I'll spend some time organizing my bank and inventory when I have some downtime, either at the end of a long day of adventuring, or as I'm waiting for a group to form. I find it fun and relaxing and it makes it easier to find things if I need to grab something in a pinch.

• 3852 posts
    August 7, 2017 7:04 AM PDT

As with almost everything I have in a game - precisely organized. I try to follow the same general pattern in every game - makes it easier for this old worn-out brain to find things.

• 8 posts
    August 7, 2017 7:34 AM PDT

I start out with good intentions.... then poof it explodes! Honest I don't mean to be a hoarder.....it just happens!!!!!

• 1095 posts
    August 7, 2017 8:02 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

How do you manage your bank space, do you meticulously arrange everything in order or is it a big mess that takes you hours to find anything? #PRF

Once I get enough bags then I try to group items together. For some reason I collect all of my gems and never sell them lol. Useful if I ever need one.

I guess I have a mental picture of a bank vault full of rare gems and diamonds.

• 258 posts
    August 7, 2017 8:35 AM PDT

I try to stay pretty organized. Every once in a while I'll have to sort through my bags/bank and reorganize everything as I hoard more and more stuff.

• 3237 posts
    August 7, 2017 9:09 AM PDT

I always keep my personal bank nice and tidy.  Hoping for a robust guild bank system where different tabs can be named for optimal organization.  I look forward to learning about what's planned for the auction house experience ... I prefer a system where people can "find" goodies ... Diablo was pretty good with that because it was difficult to find certain items because of how many variations there were.

• 332 posts
    August 7, 2017 9:30 AM PDT

Certain bags are dedicated to specific things. 

• 626 posts
    August 7, 2017 9:30 AM PDT

I keep mine well organized, and usaully will spend 30 minutes or so a week just sorting things around to make sure it stays that way. If I have bags I normally organized based off the bags, or if its just open space I'll organize based off location in the bank and such. Really to changes a little each time how I organize based off what all I have in my bank. When Crafting I'll find I normally spend half my crafting time sorting items around to look better to me when I'm looking through my bank. 

As @oneADseven said I'm also hoping to have a bank for the guild and I'm really strict on what goes where inside it. Normally I'll spend lots of time sorting it as the guild mates never get it right :). 

• 1404 posts
    August 7, 2017 9:38 AM PDT

I spend time before and or after a play session organizing my bank sorting items where I can never find them again. (ie. I suck at it) So I end up settling for two main points

1) the layout of the bags when I open them is organized on the screen so I can open all and see everything, 

2) Special items (epic quest items for example) are always together in one specific bag so that I don't look at it one day ant think "what the help am I holding on to this junk for?" And delete it.

• 2752 posts
    August 7, 2017 9:40 AM PDT

Just like my room: It starts organized but slowly gets cluttered and messy until I either get bored enough or can't find something and I reorganize. 

• 189 posts
    August 7, 2017 9:41 AM PDT
    Every month or so I will have several accounts online and all the bank bags and slots open spread over a few monitors and will organize everything. I have characters made explicitly to store harvested goods, one to store tailoring goods, metal working goods, jewelcraft goods etc etc. I have an intake character to I load up with everything then later he/she moves the items to their correct characters.
    • 208 posts
    August 7, 2017 9:55 AM PDT

I don't necessarily have it clean/organized but more or less clusters of things.  Tradeskill items have one section of the bank, weapons, armor, gear majority of the space, quest items and momento's have their spot and finally a bag or two for auction/selling stuff.  If I run out of space in the bank, like most people I create mules for specific things.  One bank mule for tradeskill items and money, one mule for gear,items,weapons and what not, another mule for selling/auctions and that leaves my main bank space devoted to what I am interested in at the moment/period of time.

• 769 posts
    August 7, 2017 10:27 AM PDT

Depends on the user-friendliness of the the bank interface.

My real life is a hodge podge mess of nonsense with crap strewn about all over the place. Normally, my virtual in game life is the exact opposite, if I have the available tools to make it not a complete pain in the butt. So I'll make an initial attempt at organizing it, once I have enough items and misc. gear to make it worth it, but if it becomes too much of an ordeal, I just toss everything in until it looks like the inside of my truck.

If it turns out I need to purchase additional bank space with real money, I go straight to the dirty truck paradigm.

This post was edited by Tralyan at August 7, 2017 10:28 AM PDT
    • 1468 posts
    August 7, 2017 10:49 AM PDT

My bank is normally full of half finished quest items and after a little while I forget which quests I am working on so it just ends up sitting there forever because I'm too scared to delete any items in-case they are rare items to be used in a quest.

Plus on top of that you also my crafting ingredients which take up a lot of space so all in all my bank is normally full to overflowing.

• 166 posts
    August 7, 2017 10:50 AM PDT

Well my main problem is not the mess in my bank account, but the fact that it is full with a lot of more or less useful stuff.

Most of the time I just put stuff into my bank account, where i find a free space.

Sometimes I then put things that stack togehter in one bank slot.

Not so often I try to sort the stuff in groups e. g. crafting materials, quest stuff, etc.

And once in a time I will even clean my bank slots up and sell or give away stuff I really don't need anymore.