Forums » The Druid

What do YOU think of when you think of a Druid?

• 11 posts
    November 1, 2018 5:37 PM PDT

LOL, Retsof. 

I could never put to words what I imagine for a Druid.  You all are very creative and I found my self nodding endlessly while reading your posts. 

ZennExile you have an excellent way with words. You should be a writer. 

NameTBD

• 57 posts
    November 18, 2018 3:49 AM PST
    In a game that requires cooperation, I expect and I envision the druid to be a pure healer just as the cleric. The difference being the type of heals, clerics more direct druids indirect. Cleric gets better ac / up buffs, druid gets ports. That's all I hope for.
    • 462 posts
    November 18, 2018 3:58 PM PST

Aside from typical Druidic concepts, I hope we can see nuances in faction, alignment and progression into non-standard archetypes. If not only for lore, roleplay, and basic gameplay. Would be great to really elaborate this with all classes and races. I do appreciate the idea of the Druid as a healer, protector, and restorer. One who maintains the natural balance so to speak. But....

I always wanted to see the Unkempt Druids become something more than just an NPC faction. I think it would be really cool to be able to explore factions with your characters a bit more by becoming a member of a faction with varied alignments and perhaps different quests, skills or progression differences that really expand on the idea of obtaining multiple meanings in terms of class identity.

I would play a dark Druid for sure!

This post was edited by OakKnower at November 18, 2018 3:58 PM PST
    • 26 posts
    January 3, 2019 8:06 PM PST
    To me a Druid is highly educated in the arts of healing from a nature point of view. They are very wise, masters of nature, like a combination of a Biologist, Zoologist, Witch Doctor, and Park Rangers of today.
    • 26 posts
    January 3, 2019 8:12 PM PST
    In regards to mythology and MMORPG's, a Druid is a healer, caster, and shapeshifter. They are great at everything they do, like a jack of all trades in healing , buffing, and destructive magic, but they are not the best at each specific field
    • 20 posts
    February 12, 2019 6:40 PM PST

A druid to me is a spirit at home in in the wilds, completely self reliant and free from the bonds of civilzation. Druids understand the nature of life and death, and the balance of all living things. Their spirit is linked with the natural order, and because of their spiritual bond with nature they are able to call upon her for aid. Druids are able to manipulate plants and animals to assit them in battle. As their spiritual link grows they become capible of manipulating ever more powerful forms of mother nature. Harnassing the power of the weather, lightning, wind and able to call upon various plants and animals to their aid they are truely nature's defender and hero.

• 596 posts
    February 17, 2019 4:53 PM PST

I think of the D&D druid, which is a decent healer via berries and healing waters, moderate CC using vines/earthen roots, moderate attribute buffs, moderate spell damage with fire and lightning, and the master of utility by being able to shapeshift into animal forms to maybe fit into tiny holes and sneak around as a ferret, or fly with a message as a bird... and then adding damage on top of the utility when they are able to become one with the elements and shape shift into elementals.

What I don't like is when a game forces a class like a Druid to wear antlers, leaves and dresses (even as a male) like WoW did with their Druid.  Just because a class has an affinity with nature shouldn't mean that they have to look like a moose wearing dress made from a peacock.

With that said, I really hope the "non-class specific" armor in the game looks the same on each class and race.  I really dislike when two people can equip the same item and it looks completely different because of the class or race wearing it.  (Although I'd be willing to bet this is how it will be judging by seeing the human Dire Lord and Ogre Dire Lord from the streams both wearing chain armor and the Ogre looking WAY cooler with bone covering some areas and skulls for pauldrons).  i.e. If a rogue in PRotF equips some leather jerkin that looks like a stealthy ninja Gi, and a Druid equips "the same" piece of armor but it looks like leaves with feathers sticking out of pieces of wood over a fur trimmed baby bib (like it does on the Druid class description), I'm out!  :p

• 2 posts
    March 11, 2019 12:56 PM PDT

To me, the Druid is a defender of the natural world and wielder of nature's fury. They don't nuke as hard as a wizard, nor do they direct heal as well as a cleric... but they do just fine in either role.  What they do to fill the gaps is make the group better through active and passive buffs.

• 3 posts
    March 24, 2019 6:45 PM PDT

I think of a class that is average at everything. I hope this game doesn't follow the same pattern

• 142 posts
    June 6, 2019 6:54 PM PDT

A person attuned to Nature. Understands the Circle of Life. Bane of the unnatural, corrupt, or polluted. 

Weather-sense and manipulation.  Herb lore and plant whisperer. Reader of signs, seasons, and stars. 

Able to protect the herd or cull the herd as needed. 

I understand and many things about most MMO Druids, but the ability to teleport seems way out of character to me. 

Channel the spirit of animals to achieve endurance or speed, sure.  But teleport seems too arcane and out of the natural order. 

This post was edited by Grayel at June 6, 2019 6:55 PM PDT
    • 8 posts
    June 8, 2019 7:12 PM PDT

I also regard druids as the "defenders" of nature, but I see this as stemming from necessity rather than coming about by choice. I view druids as beings who siphon their very life force from nature, not from other creatures. Because of this I believe that a vast majority of druids, though otherwise indifferent towards others, are quick to snap at anything, or anyone, that they view as potentially harmful to nature and have an extremely low tolerance for this kind of behavior.

Edited to make my post a bunch shorter and less off-topic

This post was edited by Pepper at June 19, 2019 11:43 AM PDT