Forums » Pantheon Races

• 2 posts
    August 4, 2017 3:24 PM PDT

Why not make the Avatars evolve to reflect their stats? for example, as an avatar gains strength they also gain mass. like a body builder. actually that wouldnt be a half bad idea, some sort of a gym you can visit to workout, or a library to study spells, etc. could almost make a complete subsystem out of it. lets say as you level you gain some points which can then be used at said gym. in the gym you can work on STR DEX END etc, depending on how hard you push depends on how much or little you gain. Same with libraries to gain INT and WIS by reading books and researching spells, harder stuff to learn more gains than reading a comic book. something along those lines to reflect your hard work. avatars could also reflect stuff like food and drink intake. doing lots of battle with your avatar will leave scars, on gear and flesh. just ideas, but it would be cool way to personalize an avatar through effort...  

• 1399 posts
    August 5, 2017 9:22 PM PDT

Xorpion said:

Why not make the Avatars evolve to reflect their stats? for example, as an avatar gains strength they also gain mass. like a body builder. actually that wouldnt be a half bad idea, some sort of a gym you can visit to workout, or a library to study spells, etc. could almost make a complete subsystem out of it. lets say as you level you gain some points which can then be used at said gym. in the gym you can work on STR DEX END etc, depending on how hard you push depends on how much or little you gain. Same with libraries to gain INT and WIS by reading books and researching spells, harder stuff to learn more gains than reading a comic book. something along those lines to reflect your hard work. avatars could also reflect stuff like food and drink intake. doing lots of battle with your avatar will leave scars, on gear and flesh. just ideas, but it would be cool way to personalize an avatar through effort...  

I really dont think people would like the look of there character messed with after the character creation screen. If people want a buff looking avatar they want to make it then, but thats not saying the Devs want them to make it at that time (ultimately thats what counts). They could see this another avenue of character progression, if you want a Buff looking warrior then instead of a slider bar you have to earn it. How then would you propose to show INT and WIZ increases?

This does get me thinking though, why does a characters features stay the aame throughout 50+ levels? And why hasent any game ever tried aging them. Another possable incentive for Progeny maybe? (Not advicating for it to be so, just throwing out a thought, dont everyone attack me for a thought)

• 2 posts
    August 6, 2017 1:13 PM PDT

it was just an idea to personalize an avatar through progression and effort. i mean if you want your toon to look like it literal eats the weights at the gym, go to the gym a lot. it could require presistant effort. make it so that mass will turn flabby if you dont persistantly stay active... as far as INT, thick glasses maybe? reading is great for the brain but hell on your eyes.. WIS is the practical use of knowledge, perhaps some sort of an aura, it is a fantasy game...

• 1399 posts
    August 6, 2017 1:19 PM PDT

Xorpion said:

it was just an idea to personalize an avatar through progression and effort. i mean if you want your toon to look like it literal eats the weights at the gym, go to the gym a lot. it could require presistant effort. make it so that mass will turn flabby if you dont persistantly stay active... as far as INT, thick glasses maybe? reading is great for the brain but hell on your eyes.. WIS is the practical use of knowledge, perhaps some sort of an aura, it is a fantasy game...

Lol.. well I bet that would go over well!

• 399 posts
    August 6, 2017 1:22 PM PDT

A bigger head perhaps? Would it not be awesome if you could add glasses to your character and they would show up?

I like the idea of scars. How about an eyepatch!  And it would show up on your character!!?

• 2419 posts
    September 18, 2017 10:28 AM PDT

Xorpion said:

That is a lot of design and art asset development for little to no payoff.  First off we do not know what the eventual long-game stat caps will be.  EQ1 started fairly low and ended up in the multiple hundreds.  Do you really think VR should spend time adjusting the size of every model biceps, pectorals, etc based upon every 10 point increase in stats?  The individual changes will be minute at best as eventually even the model animations would need changed so body parts do not clip through themselves. Waste of time, frankly.

• 1120 posts
    October 14, 2017 5:41 PM PDT

I go to the gym enough in real life, i dont want to play a gym video game! :P