Forums » Guild Recruitment

[CONDEMNED] A Team-Focused PvP & Raid Guild

• 14 posts
    November 17, 2017 1:14 PM PST

Nevron said:

The bar for this game is being set pretty high for it's PvE content, but I'm hoping that the devs know and understand that there will always be a subset of players that want to PvP, regardless of the endlessly repeated phrase of "PvE first". Reading the PvP in Pantheon thread makes for a skeptical outlook on that front as a PvPer. And while I'm excited to tackle the content with Condemned, I don't foresee any game that doesn't have some sort of engaging PvP fully capturing my attention for the long haul. I can only hope that some fellow PvP minded players are/will be playtesting to provide some possible remedies in adding engaging PvP content.

Vanguard was more Pve based in design.  However with the FFA server being able to pvp whenever and where ever you are.  I assume they will do something similar.   i just hope they look over a few skills to make sure they balance in pvp.  Such as a lvl 23 druid able to kill a lvl 50 with a one shot starfall.  Those types of things. We shall see

• 22 posts
    November 20, 2017 6:40 AM PST

Wisdom said:

Vanguard was more Pve based in design.  However with the FFA server being able to pvp whenever and where ever you are.  I assume they will do something similar.   i just hope they look over a few skills to make sure they balance in pvp.  Such as a lvl 23 druid able to kill a lvl 50 with a one shot starfall.  Those types of things. We shall see

True, I just hope there is enough of a consistent PvP population for them to bother with any sort of class balance adjustments on PvP enabled servers. Also, I can only dream that, while being a PvE focused game, they can do a little more than simply enable PvP on PvP servers. What I mean by that is some sort of incentive to give people who like PvP but won't go too far out of their way to do it without a carrot regularly a reason to be more committing to it. I think a PvP community within a PvE community/game could thrive without committing a disproportionate amount of resources if the reasons are there and PvP doesn't feel like an afterthought (even if it is).

• 20 posts
    November 20, 2017 4:50 PM PST

Good to see you guys around, look forward to playing with/against you in Pantheon!

You'll need to edit that Vanguard blurb though.  We (XK) actually had the most BotB winners, six classes if I'm not mistaken.  :)

This post was edited by Hane at November 20, 2017 4:53 PM PST
    • 24 posts
    November 20, 2017 5:25 PM PST

Sup bud, good to see you stop by our recruitment thread.  If you can hit me up with the screenshots of your Best of the Best winners in Discord I'd be glad to change that section if it is incorrect.  

• 20 posts
    November 20, 2017 9:23 PM PST

Louden said:

Sup bud, good to see you stop by our recruitment thread.  If you can hit me up with the screenshots of your Best of the Best winners in Discord I'd be glad to change that section if it is incorrect.  

There might be screenshot's archived somewhere, but I doubt it.

It was:

Paladin: Sumdyar (XK)
    Monk: Ryzin (XK)
    Bard: Doktoor (XK)
    Sorceror: Solim (XK)
    Ranger: Captin (XK)
    Psionicist: Imez (XK)

Warrior: Abbadon (Havoc)
    Cleric: Krycek (Havoc)
    Rogue: Stabfast (Havoc)
    Necro: Deamon? (Havoc)

Death Knight: Grahk (Fallout?)
    Druid: Fallout Druid
    Disciple: ?
    Shaman: ?
    Blood Mage: ?

Not sure if they even did the last three.

Throw Bailey my Discord info if you still keep in touch with him!

• 11 posts
    November 20, 2017 9:35 PM PST

Thank you for stopping by Hane, always good to see long time MMo players in the field.

I am super excited for Pantheon - hoping we get back to the better days of MMOs!

• 20 posts
    November 20, 2017 9:41 PM PST

Piratess said:

Thank you for stopping by Hane, always good to see long time MMo players in the field.

I am super excited for Pantheon - hoping we get back to the better days of MMOs!

Likewise, it's coming!

• 6 posts
    November 20, 2017 11:08 PM PST

I am really hoping we get meaningful and competitive PvP. It's all too common for games to launch and have a great first few months, then everyone hops on the bandwagon and the competition goes the way of the dodo!

• 22 posts
    November 21, 2017 9:50 AM PST

Yep. Even a PvE focused game needs a PvP outlet to thrive long-term, in my opinion (I know there are outliers). I think, and I may be wrong, that the large majority of players like to dabble in both without being wholly exclusive to one or the other, even if time spent is heavily skewed toward PvE for that majority.

• 24 posts
    November 21, 2017 9:57 AM PST

Looking forward to today's stream. 

"Don't miss our Making of a City Twitch Stream Tuesday Nov 21 @1pm PST. http://twitch.tv/visionaryrealms and http://twitch.tv/cohhcarnage."

• 14 posts
    November 21, 2017 10:02 AM PST

Louden said:

"Don't miss our Making of a City Twitch Stream Tuesday Nov 21 @1pm PST. http://twitch.tv/visionaryrealms and http://twitch.tv/cohhcarnage."

Looking very much forward to the stream today.

• 11 posts
    November 21, 2017 11:10 AM PST

Louden said:

Oh wow, almost forgot about it! YAY! Awesome!

• 14 posts
    November 22, 2017 8:59 AM PST

Nevron said:

Wisdom said:

True, I just hope there is enough of a consistent PvP population for them to bother with any sort of class balance adjustments on PvP enabled servers. Also, I can only dream that, while being a PvE focused game, they can do a little more than simply enable PvP on PvP servers. What I mean by that is some sort of incentive to give people who like PvP but won't go too far out of their way to do it without a carrot regularly a reason to be more committing to it. I think a PvP community within a PvE community/game could thrive without committing a disproportionate amount of resources if the reasons are there and PvP doesn't feel like an afterthought (even if it is).

Yah i hear ya brotha.  Remeber back in Vanguard they didnt really have rewards for pvp, however they did have imfamy.  Trying to remeber the spelling and the exact word, anywho it really was a way to stroke your Ego with a high number i remeber my bard the orginal Wisdom...He had like 3300 just from stealing the last hit on targets or when people would try to run from us i would just run around them in circles playing my songs and basic bow attacking them till they died.  Since i was a party bard and not one of those all for themselves bards like most people played.  One of the many reason we never lost in pvp because of our group comps were based on helping the team rather then helping ourselves.  Some day people will figure out that tasty nugget of sucess......Well prolly not.  Its been 20 years and people still cant do it.   I also remeber we had that ranger who did an insane amount of damage.  Louden could help me with his name Starrunner or something like that he had like 7k Imfamy.  The only time he ever died was when we were at our guild hall and Cats from our guild would kill him and take his Imfamy just because it angered him so much.  Was pretty funny, Alas grand ole times really miss that game hopefully This game will really just be an improved and finshed version of Vanguard.

• 22 posts
    November 23, 2017 12:25 PM PST

Looks like you just Nickelodeon slimed my text. Horrific.

PvP in Vanguard was fun, I just feel like PvP servers in PvE designed MMOs without incentive/reason to PvP outside of just to do it tend to stagnate and/or die off. 

• 20 posts
    November 24, 2017 12:04 PM PST

Nevron said:

PvP in Vanguard was fun, I just feel like PvP servers in PvE designed MMOs without incentive/reason to PvP outside of just to do it tend to stagnate and/or die off. 

PvE was the incentive to PvP in Vanguard. In order to PvE in Vanguard on a PvP server you had to PvP.   All about open world content control, where the best PvP gear came from top PvE targets.  You PvP'd to PvE to obtain gear that enhanced your character in both PvP and PvE.  It was an endless cycle of content that was player created and driven.  I really hope this is how it plays out in Pantheon as well.  

MMO's that split PvE and PvP into separate spheres on the same server and/or instance PvP are the games that tend to lose my interest.

Agree that additional direct PvP incentives could have been introduced in VG via their Infamy system.

This post was edited by Hane at November 24, 2017 12:05 PM PST
    • 14 posts
    November 29, 2017 9:26 AM PST

Nevron said:

I thought green was your favorite color brotha.  Ghost buster Green, Slimer fam.

• 14 posts
    November 29, 2017 9:32 AM PST

Hane said:

Nevron said:

PvE was the incentive to PvP in Vanguard. In order to PvE in Vanguard on a PvP server you had to PvP.   All about open world content control, where the best PvP gear came from top PvE targets.  You PvP'd to PvE to obtain gear that enhanced your character in both PvP and PvE.  It was an endless cycle of content that was player created and driven.  I really hope this is how it plays out in Pantheon as well.  

MMO's that split PvE and PvP into separate spheres on the same server and/or instance PvP are the games that tend to lose my interest.

Agree that additional direct PvP incentives could have been introduced in VG via their Infamy system.

I totaly agree.  I loved the pvp in Vanguard and i loved the pve in Vanguard.  Alteast the idea of it.  I know the game was not finshed upon realse and was lacking content.  However the style of the game is exactly what i want.  I do not want people to be able to turn off pvp with a toggle like some of these new games that are out or even SWG had. (i personal was overt 24/7 in that game becuase i refused to turn it off due to the fact if i was a known killer of men and cant click a button and hide myself...just not my style of game play.)  Rift was the only other game that mixed instanced pvp and pve with open world pvp... With the rifts needed for peoples sigils....but once everyone had them after 3 months the game was out.. World pvp disapeared but they were on the right track with it.   Just needed a little bit more longevity to it.    But yes i fully heartly agree i want the best pve weapons and amour to cross over to pvp just like the old days.

• 11 posts
    December 3, 2017 9:26 PM PST

Wisdom said:

I totaly agree.  I loved the pvp in Vanguard and i loved the pve in Vanguard.  Alteast the idea of it.  I know the game was not finshed upon realse and was lacking content.  However the style of the game is exactly what i want.  I do not want people to be able to turn off pvp with a toggle like some of these new games that are out or even SWG had. (i personal was overt 24/7 in that game becuase i refused to turn it off due to the fact if i was a known killer of men and cant click a button and hide myself...just not my style of game play.)  Rift was the only other game that mixed instanced pvp and pve with open world pvp... With the rifts needed for peoples sigils....but once everyone had them after 3 months the game was out.. World pvp disapeared but they were on the right track with it.   Just needed a little bit more longevity to it.    But yes i fully heartly agree i want the best pve weapons and amour to cross over to pvp just like the old days.

I really enjoyed Vanguard Pvp and PvE. The rule set was simple. I find the more complicated rulesets get, the more cause for imbalance there is. I am not saying Vanguard didnt have its issues, but they were far from IN YOUR FACE as some games. SWG to me was like my first MMO kiss ( which was UO ) It was fantastic. The whole sandbox idea and player driven economy - player towns and hosues and the fantastic crafting system. I was overt 24/7 as well and it was just so much fun!

• 24 posts
    December 5, 2017 5:42 PM PST

Grats and welcome to Wrend our newest member of the team.  You been lurking for a while bud, glad you made it official.  

• 14 posts
    December 5, 2017 7:32 PM PST

Piratess said:

Wisdom said:

I really enjoyed Vanguard Pvp and PvE. The rule set was simple. I find the more complicated rulesets get, the more cause for imbalance there is. I am not saying Vanguard didnt have its issues, but they were far from IN YOUR FACE as some games. SWG to me was like my first MMO kiss ( which was UO ) It was fantastic. The whole sandbox idea and player driven economy - player towns and hosues and the fantastic crafting system. I was overt 24/7 as well and it was just so much fun!

Yep looking much forward to it.

• 14 posts
    December 5, 2017 7:33 PM PST

Louden said:

Grats and welcome to Wrend our newest member of the team.  You been lurking for a while bud, glad you made it official.  

Yep funny how a game like this brings all the old folks out of there retirement homes.  Good Times for all

• 5 posts
    December 6, 2017 6:05 PM PST

Oh yea boyz! Good to be getting the gang back together.  Can't hardly wait for this to launch!

• 14 posts
    December 6, 2017 7:34 PM PST

Animae said:

Oh yea boyz! Good to be getting the gang back together.  Can't hardly wait for this to launch!

Awwwwww yahhhhhhhh.....Welcome back brotha great to have yah on board.

• 1 posts
    December 7, 2017 12:31 PM PST

Hello team!

• 14 posts
    December 8, 2017 10:19 AM PST

Broflex said:

Hello team!

Awwww yahhhhhhh......Welcome  to the Panth party brotha.  Great to have yah aboard